Different type of Soyuz spacecraft

JPGSP

(Yes, another thing on the soyuz(I like a lot the USSR and Russia so yeah))Did you know that there are over 20 diferent versions/types of the soyuz spacecraft?

I think that the one that I find interesting is the Soyuz PPK (http://www.astronautix.com/s/soyuzppk.html), sadly there isnt much information about it.

soyuzppk.jpg

What about you guys? (Here is the link were you can find the different version of the soyuz:http://www.astronautix.com/s/soyuz.html)

Heh :) it's the russian starfighter ^^

Still, dedicated antisatellite missiles would be much cheaper to build and launch than those though :)

still, the soyuz spacecraft is really modular - then even used the soyuz instrument module (the engine section) to ferry the pirs and poisk modules to ISS :) 

@sgt_flyer Yes, but this soyuz worked like this:

1) The cosmonauts inspected the satellite. 

2) Then they had 3 options:

A) Destroy the satellite(They went about 1km away a then fired a rocket, so it could destroy 8 of them) 

B) 'Grab' the satellite to bring it back to earth so the scientist could inspection it. 

C) can't remember what it was, but probably it was nothing, or it could grab it an then deorbit it. 

58 minutes ago, JPGSP said:

They went about 1km away a then fired a rocket, so it could destroy 8 of them) 

One, but having 8 attempts.

Delta-V is too poor.

1 hour ago, sgt_flyer said:

dedicated antisatellite missiles would be much cheaper to build and launch than those though

In 1964 they would have problems with aiming.

P.S.
And anyway the ship is single-use and with no aerial maneuverability, so landing in a steppe and requiring a rescue team.
Launch vehicle is cryogenic, so poorly storable unlike hypergolic ones. So, appropriate reaction time would cost enormous amount of money.

Edited by kerbiloid

20 hours ago, JPGSP said:

'Grab' the satellite to bring it back to earth so the scientist could inspection it. 

They and what Shuttle payload bay?

@kerbiloid This is to talk about the diferent versions of the soyuz, not of the stuff like is single use which is obious as all of them are single launch.

@DDE I mean the satellite from another nation

7 hours ago, DDE said:

what Shuttle payload bay

who says you need a shuttle to do that?

4 minutes ago, JPGSP said:

not of the stuff like is single use which is obious as all of them are single launch.

Spaceplane orbital incterceptors were to be reusable.

Though, afaik, the Soyuz-PPK project was killed by Chelomei's uncrewed IS interceptor.

Spoiler

002.jpg

Edited by kerbiloid

34 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Spaceplane orbital incterceptors were to be reusable.

That is true, but if we look it at it this way, the space shuttle(the US one, because I couldnt find the Buran one) costed $450 million  per launch, while the soyuz is $48.5 million, but of cours the space shutttle is bigger.

P.S. Wheer did you find that picture?

4 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Oh thanks, I was just wondering as I couldnt find it in Astronautix.

Anyway, back to the soyuz:

I also like the 'old' versions because they look wacky and interesting like the first design, the Severjust look at this thing:

L1 Complex 1961

It was also 50 % larger, I mean if it had a soyuz next to it for comparasion it would be better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.