The "Washing Machine" contract.

After one of our managers watched Apollo 13, and heard the line:

"If they can make a washing machine fly, my Jimmy can land it."

He decided to take that very literal and got a guy to pay us too actually launch a washing machine shaped rocket. Of course, we decided to fire our designers for being lazy, so the forums is our designing team now, and you're not getting payed.

Anyway, Here are the rules:

Stock parts only: Making history and breaking grounds parts are allowed

No cheat menu

Every rocket must have atleast have one kerbal aboard

Have fun :) 

Here are the contracts:

Simple Wash Contract: Make a washing machine escape the atmosphere

Advanced Wash Contract: Get a washing machine into orbit and return the kerbal alive in it, it does not have to return looking like a washing machine, but it has to look like a washing machine when getting into orbit.

Luxury Wash Contract: Land a washing machine shaped lander on the Mun and return the kerbal home safe

Soapy Wash Contract: Land a washing machine shaped lander on Minmus and return the kerbal home safe

Quick Dry Contract: Land a washing machine shaped lander on Duna and return the kerbal home safe

Laundry Mat Contract: Get a washing machine into orbit under 20k funds

The,"I have nothing else better to do" Contract: Impress me

Good luck!

Edited by VictoryNeverFail
I was stupid

1 hour ago, sturmhauke said:

The washing machine has successfully landed on Minmus and returned home. full album

H1D9F4P.gif

you have to balance the load and level your legs to stop your washing machine wandering all over Minmus (or your garage)

3 hours ago, Tabris said:

you have to balance the load and level your legs to stop your washing machine wandering all over Minmus (or your garage)

Yeah, part of the imbalance was from having the door open so you could see Jeb getting washed. But there is also a lot of torque from the motor. A top loader might be more stable. More mass at the bottom might help too - the drum makes up a relatively high portion of the overall mass.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.