New Robotics Parts glitch

When approaching my orbital station at a 100k circular orbit around Kerbin, I noticed a serious shimmy of the station. The station is made with a series of parts, with the main central section, being the most recently added, having a series of docking ports, a science station piece and a power system using a hinge robotic part from the breaking grounds expansion to expand the panels out at deployment. The Second section is a crew container, and a cupola module, as well as a docking ports and a small robotic arm meant to be used to grasp smaller experiments and modules and attach them to the station, similar to canada arm 2 on the ISS. The final piece of the assembled station was a simple 3 crew orbiter used to transport crew to and from the surface. I was using a new spaceplane system that I was testing for bringing crew to and from orbit to the station, when i noticed that the solar panels on the wing system seemed to be causing a shimmy, as well as a rotation on the wings specifically. I am uncertain as to the direct cause of this sudden motion, as before I left the station when delivering the science and power module, things seemed to be stable. But when I got within physics range with the space plane, I then noticed the shimmy. If anyone can tell me what is happening and what to do to prevent it, I would appreciate it.

Attached is a video of the event as I saw it, and attempted to resolve it by pulling in the solar panels and radiators, I did notice that when i swapped over to the craft a distance away that the issue stopped until I approached the station again.

I have reason to believe it is a result of how I used the hinges on the solar wings, but cannot know for certain, as the robotic parts in the robotic arm of the main crew module did not cause such issues when approaching the station before.

video link- https://youtu.be/tWe-TZ0hgTI

14 hours ago, Rocketscience101 said:

When approaching my orbital station at a 100k circular orbit around Kerbin, I noticed a serious shimmy of the station. The station is made with a series of parts, with the main central section, being the most recently added, having a series of

This does look a lot when the autostrut kraken happens.Make sure you using only grandparent and try to avoid Heavy and Root Part autostrut.Other than that, do you have the solar panels directly attached to the robotic part?

Do the robotic parts have autostruts?

13 hours ago, Boyster said:

This does look a lot when the autostrut kraken happens.Make sure you using only grandparent and try to avoid Heavy and Root Part autostrut.Other than that, do you have the solar panels directly attached to the robotic part?

Do the robotic parts have autostruts?

The robotics parts are not directly attached to the solar panels. Rather I used a structural beam to hold them and the robotic hing to open them. 

I have not known that autostrut is a stock feature nor how to activate or deactivate it.

2 hours ago, Rocketscience101 said:

I have not known that autostrut is a stock feature nor how to activate or deactivate it.

Welp...autostruts are gonna save you then.(Yes it is a stock feature and a life saver).

While ingame hit Escape->Settings->Advanced Tweakables.Then in editor or even in vessels already launched right click to a part and you can autostrut almost everything.

They make vessels a lot stronger and without the need to use the normal struts and make the vessel look ''ugly'' or add to the number of the parts.Make sure you use them wisely and try to stick on grandparent.

Heavy and Root autostrut tend to cause problems.I prefer launching a vessel with one or two heavy autostruts then disabling them while in orbit(Still risky though).

If you want more info on them google is your friend, there are many posts about them :) .

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.