[Old Thread] KSRSS(VE) - Kerbin Size Real Solar System 0.4.1 "Complete Overhaul"

Kierra

12 hours ago, Kierra said:

we decided to not use Sigma Dimension

I would like to know if there is a particular reason for this decision

not that I am complaing or anything, but if there is a particular issue that turned you off the mod I would like to know it so that I might see if it is fixable

21 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

Kerbal must have updated yet again, as Kopernicus does not work with the latest version of KSP.

Oh, are you implying that you play and mod the steam install directly? We always advise people against this. Just copy your KSP to another directory, and then mod and play this. So steam updates will not affect your installs, you can play all the previous versions at any time, and only have to access steam to get new versions and patches.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, Kierra said:

snip

Nice stuff, @tony48 and @Kierra, I'll definitely give it a try! I am still a big fan of SSRSS and still play a 1.3.1 install with it. I take it your mod is a lot like SSRSS was back then. Cheers for keeping this awesome idea alive!

On 7/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, Kierra said:

...Finally, unlike SSRSS, KSRSS is not a simple rescaling of RSS...

I would also like to point out that SSRSS was more than just a rescale of RSS. As far as I understood it quite a bit of work went into better textures etc. But my understanding of such processes is pretty limited at best, just repeating from memory what I overheard around here.

46 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Oh, are you implying that you play and mod the steam install directly? We always advise people against this. Just copy your KSP to another directory, and then mod and play this. So steam updates will not affect your installs, you can play all the previous versions at any time, and only have to access steam to get new versions and patches.

Imply?  No.  I've had at least five separate concurrent KSP installs of varying versions for reasons.
I'm implying that over the course of I-forget-how-many-years-I've-been-playing-this-game-now that researching the versions of things that work with all the other things they depend upon, and then matching them to the proper KSP version is becoming a chore.

It's not a specific gripe with regards to this mod or its dependencies, just a gripe in general.  =)

Edited by slaintemaith

3 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

Imply?  No.  I've had at least five separate concurrent KSP installs of varying versions for reasons.
I'm implying that over the course of I-forget-how-many-years-I've-been-playing-this-game-now that researching the versions of things that work with all the other things they depend upon, and then matching them to the proper KSP version is becoming a chore.

It's not a specific gripe with regards to this mod or its dependencies, just a gripe in general.  =)

I see. Cheers. I agree with you. Same story here. On top of the many installs it's easy to amass folders of mods and configs etc.  It's a pain at times, but we still have to be greatful for the continuous support and development of the game.

BTW, I might have slightly misused the word "imply" there... I apologize if it sounded wrong, no offense was intended. I am obviously not a native speaker, please bear with me.

21 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I would like to know if there is a particular reason for this decision

not that I am complaing or anything, but if there is a particular issue that turned you off the mod I would like to know it so that I might see if it is fixable

We chose to not use Sigma Dimensions because rescaling from 10.625 to 1 produces ugly results and we thought it would be better to just redo the bodies than rescaling with Sigma Dimensions and adjusting the body with Kopernicus after.

5 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

My question now is: is there  a way to bump this up to 2.5x or so?

Yes, by installing Sigma Dimensions and RESCALE :

(just ignore the "Will not work with KSP 1.4", it works perfectly)

Hi !

I played a few hours at this mod and it's so cool, good job !

If it can help I found one bug in my game : In galaxy map, when I zoom on Ryugu at maximum, he become completely dark.

Other things, but i guess it's not bug, I installed Kronometer for have 24 hours days, but it seem don't work.

And in SSRSS, on Venus there is an awesome Ash storm/Rain in athmosphere. Do you plane to integrate this feature to KSRSS in the future ?

Again, awesome mod, very good job ;)

Edited by Carni35
Orthographe

4 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Other things, but i guess it's not bug, I installed Kronometer for have 24 hours days, but it seem don't work.

Maybe you can try to enable this in KSP settings (General -> Display Kerbin Time).

If it can help I found one bug in my game : In galaxy map, when I zoom on Ryugu at maximum, he become completely dark.

We are aware of this bug but it is not our priority at the moment (it doesn't affect gameplay). We will probably fix it for the 0.5.

And in SSRSS, on Venus there is an awesome Ash storm/Rain in athmosphere. Do you plane to integrate this feature to KSRSS in the future ?

Sounds interesting. We'll see ;)

29 minutes ago, Carni35 said:

Thanks for your answer ;)

I have a little technical question : the scatterer setting about athmosphere opacity is set by KSRSS or by the Scatterer mod itself ?

I think the opacity is set by KSRSSVE.

6 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Thanks for your answer ;)

I have a little technical question : the scatterer setting about athmosphere opacity is set by KSRSS or by the Scatterer mod itself ?

Scatterer itself wont show anything. All you see is in the config file.

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

Scatterer itself wont show anything. All you see is in the config file.

Ok ! And do you know which config file parameter I have to change to modify scatterer opacity ? Not the scale nor the altitude :)

Edited by Carni35

Just now, Carni35 said:

Ok ! And do you know which config file parameter I have to change for modifiy scatterer opacity ? Not the scale or the altitude :)

What do you mean by scatterer opacity? And why would you want to change that?

7 minutes ago, tony48 said:

What do you mean by scatterer opacity? And why would you want to change that?

I just find it too opaque. I barely see continents on earth. It particulary bothers me for planets like Mars which in real life have almost no athmosphere anymore. In game it's very strong and the planet is too pale

Edited by Carni35

Just now, Carni35 said:

It particulary bothers me for planets like Mars which have practically not athmosphere anymore.

Ah yes, the Mars atmosphere visuals in KSRSS aren't very realistic, we decided to go for a Duna-like atmosphere instead of an almost non-existent one. If you don't want any scattering on Mars, just delete atmo.cfg in KSRSSVE/scatterer/Planets/Mars.

29 minutes ago, tony48 said:
39 minutes ago, Carni35 said:

It particulary bothers me for planets like Mars which have practically not athmosphere anymore.

Ah yes, the Mars atmosphere visuals in KSRSS aren't very realistic, we decided to go for a Duna-like atmosphere instead of an almost non-existent one. If you don't want any scattering on Mars, just delete atmo.cfg in KSRSSVE/scatterer/Planets/Mars. 

Thanks for the advice ! I guess that's mean there is no way to just fade it a little bit ?

But as you said it's an artistical choice and the planet look very nice :)

On 7/3/2019 at 9:19 PM, tony48 said:

We chose to not use Sigma Dimensions because rescaling from 10.625 to 1 produces ugly results and we thought it would be better to just redo the bodies than rescaling with Sigma Dimensions and adjusting the body with Kopernicus after.

well, this looks great so congrats on the work.

if you happen to have some screenshots of the ugly results could you send them to me, it might be a bug that I need to fix

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.