[Old Thread] KSRSS(VE) - Kerbin Size Real Solar System 0.4.1 "Complete Overhaul"

Kierra

2 hours ago, pbristow said:

Hi! I'm just trying KSRSS for the first time. I have started with a clean install of KSP 1.7.0, and followed the instructions in the first post here, doing everything manually. (Sorry, CKAN, but you don't seem to be quite cutting the mustard lately.)

I spotted the discussion about comma/period switches, and have manually fixed the Mars and Ceres configs.

On firing up the game, I get an exception reported by Kopernicus, with advice to file a bug report with the planet pack author. So here I am. =:o}

Here's the link to me log files (I included a couple of .PNG screenshots):
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ab8b5a91d93cbc63ccfea34fab928fad20190831111145/348627

Can you post a screenshot of your GameData please?

On 8/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, Cataclism said:

Anybody up to try and make some kind of DeltaV map for this precious "planet pack"? I have been trying it for this last weekend, but as I pretty much suck as a pilot/flight controler in the stock solar system, that goes the same here...

It's in progress. ;)

On 8/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, Cataclism said:

I have noticed that "Tracking Station Evolved" doesn´t recognize your new planets in it, and have reported it on its topic as well (that mod has been upgraded to support such changes). 
Could you please take a look if that is something which YOU could change or it´s up to him (DMagic)?

Added to the roadmap

[RETURNS FROM AFTERNOON NAP]

[SEES YOUR REPLY]

[SIGHS AND STARTS YET ANOTHER ROUND OF INSTALLING & TESTING...]

[SOME TIME LATER:]

OMG, It's working! IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!   =:oD    [TRIES NOT EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT... PLENTY OF TIME FOR EXPLOSIONS LATER...  =;o} ]

Thankyou!

Solar panels don't seem to be working. Is that a known bug? (I've not added any other mods yet, just the basic set-up as before.)

But despite that, I've just finished my first fly-by of the (mini-)moon! So much quicker and easier than RSS. =:o}

4 hours ago, pbristow said:

Solar panels don't seem to be working. Is that a known bug? (I've not added any other mods yet, just the basic set-up as before.)

But despite that, I've just finished my first fly-by of the (mini-)moon! So much quicker and easier than RSS. =:o}

This is usually caused by ModularFlightIntegrator not being installed but I saw it in your screenshot... Can you please double check?

Yep, it's there in my 1.7.3 directory. I tried re-downloading and installing it, to be sure I had the latest version (I'm assuming latest is appropriate?).

Ran a quick test: Panels are still showing zero exposure, even when pointing due east on the pad in the morning.

I have to go to work now, but I can supply logs etc. maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow.

It is magnificent, great and what real-scale engines and rockets do not give for trips, since these are adapted for the kerbin system (including most mods) but it would be great if they could make a version at a scale of 2.5 the kerbin system since this is the ideal size for a slightly more real difficulty and with the exact size for the performance of the engines and mass of the stock and mod rocket

1 hour ago, Antares9 said:

It is magnificent, great and what real-scale engines and rockets do not give for trips, since these are adapted for the kerbin system (including most mods) but it would be great if they could make a version at a scale of 2.5 the kerbin system since this is the ideal size for a slightly more real difficulty and with the exact size for the performance of the engines and mass of the stock and mod rocket

Maybe we’ll make a 2.5 version later (I love playing in 2.5) but in the meantime you can play with RESCALE to have KSRSS 2.5.

As promised, log files (and screenshots) for the solar panel problem.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/6d650b2274284c1c23e8b8a638196e7b20190902023344/1d616e

(Nice simple test case: Launch a tiny unstable ship with a solar panel on it, tip it over, then run down the battery by telling the SAS to try to stand it upright again. Make sure the panel ends up pointing East, towards sunrise.)

Hi !

I'm still playing on KSRSS almost every day from his release, thank you for your amazing work ;)

I come (again) with a little technical question... 

Is there any chance to make ''principia'' work with KSRSS ? (delete some planets maybe ?)

I think the answer will be no, but I just want to be sure ^^ 

Tank you !

15 hours ago, pbristow said:

As promised, log files (and screenshots) for the solar panel problem.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/6d650b2274284c1c23e8b8a638196e7b20190902023344/1d616e

(Nice simple test case: Launch a tiny unstable ship with a solar panel on it, tip it over, then run down the battery by telling the SAS to try to stand it upright again. Make sure the panel ends up pointing East, towards sunrise.)

Try to make a new save, if it still doesn't work delete the SolarPanels.cfg in Kopernicus/Config.

2 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Is there any chance to make ''principia'' work with KSRSS ? (delete some planets maybe ?)

I think the answer will be no, but I just want to be sure ^^ 

Tank you !

Have you tried Principia with KSRSS? Maybe it will work out of the box.

New save didn't work, but deleting the SolarPanels.cfg file (well, renaming it to add ".DISABLED" on the end) did!  Thankyou. =:o}

Are there likely to be any unhelpful consequences from doing that? The content of the SolarPanels.cfg file looks to be only to do with tracking other light sources, so I'm guessing it shouldn't be an issue in KSRSS (unless I go adding another star/system to it!).

1 hour ago, pbristow said:

New save didn't work, but deleting the SolarPanels.cfg file (well, renaming it to add ".DISABLED" on the end) did!  Thankyou. =:o}

Are there likely to be any unhelpful consequences from doing that? The content of the SolarPanels.cfg file looks to be only to do with tracking other light sources, so I'm guessing it shouldn't be an issue in KSRSS (unless I go adding another star/system to it!).

I don’t think there will be consequences in KSRSS but let me know if you find one

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :)

Congratulations for this, it looks very awesome !

I've started a fresh KSP install just for this, and it feels very good. However, I noticed strange behavings on the Moon.

- First, when you're in orbit around the Moon and you start to descent in order to Land, the textures looks .. funny. It looks like it's a grid (see first screenshot). Both 4k and 8k textures have been tested, it does the same.
- Second, is the Moon supposed to be multicolor like you can see it on the second screenshot? :D

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/s/8L5GQTGAskRcZ8B ("griddy" moon)

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/s/jGiEka2qkk3C9jD (rainbow moon)

FYI, every graphical option have been set to max in the game. Terrain preset is KSRSS_med.

Mods installed (beside all the mods needed here) : Restock, Restock+, KS3P with my own config (can'"t be that, because the issue still happens when I toggle the post processing OFF)

Those are not gamebreaking, but it kind of killed the moment for me.

Let me know if you need more informations, I'd be glad to help. :)

Cheers!

On 8/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, Juijote said:

Lja99aL.jpg
My game version is 1.7.3, but now I don't know why these strange stripes appear on the ground;。;.

Same issue for me. I noticed the problem only occured when running the game in DX11. Any fix for this? I want to play this but I much prefer DX11.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Dafni said:

Hello there. How is this mod getting along?

Are you guys still developing it any further?

cheers

Daf

We’re waiting for SQUAD to release the 1.8 update, then KSRSS 0.5 will come with Saturn moons, new terrain textures (again, I know) and new atmospheres for Venus, Titan and Mars (and fixes for several bugs). Yes, it will be less realistic, but we are in stock, not in RO and we need to improve the playability of the mod. The Venus and Titan ones are already done and Mars shouldn’t take too long.

6 hours ago, tony48 said:

We’re waiting for SQUAD to release the 1.8 update, then KSRSS 0.5 will come with Saturn moons, new terrain textures (again, I know) and new atmospheres for Venus, Titan and Mars (and fixes for several bugs). Yes, it will be less realistic, but we are in stock, not in RO and we need to improve the playability of the mod. The Venus and Titan ones are already done and Mars shouldn’t take too long.

That is fantastic to hear! Many thanks in advance!

I dont mind a bit less realism when it comes to certain aspects and parameters. After all, a scaled down Mars atmosphere would be pretty much inexistent for example.

cheers

20 hours ago, GungaDin said:

I have the latest Steam install of KSP along with Making History DLC.  This puts my version 1.7.22.  Can someone help me find the correct version of Kopenicus for this setup so that I can try to get KSRSS installed?  THANKS!

KSP 1.7.22 doesn’t exist. And if you mean 1.7.2, update to 1.7.3, it will be easier to find Kopernicus for that version.

Wow I got KSRSS running and it's awesome.    Right now the only strange thing I'm seeing is that the bases I have available are misplaced on Earth.  Desert base in the middle of the ocean etc...  Is this an issue with Kerbal Constructs or did I miss a step?  Will KSC Switcher work with the latest versions of KSP and KSRSS? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.