[Old Thread] KSRSS(VE) - Kerbin Size Real Solar System 0.4.1 "Complete Overhaul"

Kierra

32 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

This is what I get using the 2.5x version with Rescale! and Sigma.

Looks like a scatterer thing. Chances are without scatterer everything will be fine.

@tony48 and @Kierra how about support for Distant Object Enhamcement? That would be lovely! And maybe Planet Shine too, if its not too much to ask? :)  Just kindly asking whats to expect.

9 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

Concur, but I like pretty clouds.  =)

But the clouds are not from Scatterer! They are from Environmental Visual Enhancements.

If you remove Scatterer to get rid of these tiles, you will still have the clouds. Just the atmpospheric scattering will be gone (and depending on the configs the devs provide sometimes the emulated scattering that Environmental Visual Enhancements can do is very nice as well, all by itself)

Edited by Dafni

9 hours ago, tony48 said:

Added to the roadmap ;)

:wub:  cool, thank you! Looking forward to see where this mod is going. So far it looks nice, haven't yet done much more than looking at the planets though.

Hi !

I have played this weekend and I come report some bugs I had met.

- City lights stay ON all the time.

- All Jupiter clouds go in the same direction. (Even if, in view of the .cfg file, they shouldn't)

- Not really a bug, but for some planets I find the clouds really very far from them. I personnaly adjust their altitude between 5000 and 15000 meters. To keep a realistic visual aspect. 

Otherwise, I play with a bunch of mods and everything work fine, that's cool ! 

Hope that will help ;) 

21 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Wow, as someone who was interested in SSRSS, I'm super into this! question though. I'm wanting to play with the history of Spaceflight contract pack, which wa smade for stock and RSS, what do you think would be need done to convert it to function with this?

Hi !

If you want to play the history of spaceflight you can already use

With :

With some of raidernick Amercan and Soviet parts (and others parts mod like Bluedog)  :

All is fully fonctionnal with KSP 1.7.1 and the KSRSS mod ^^

It's my current set up, and the experience is amazing :)

On 7/5/2019 at 6:52 PM, slaintemaith said:

(Ignore the bottom blankness, that was me not cropping the photo properly.)

RFQutCa.jpg

thanks, I'll take a look to see if there is anything I can do to avoid that

@slaintemaith There is a small .dll in the KSRSS folder, which is intended to prevent this type of bug when rescaling. Could you send us your logs ? Maybe this bug is caused by us plugin. In all case, we are working on a better compatibility with Rescale! and Sigma Dimension for next versions.

@Carni35 Thanks for your reports ! Citylights aren't realy a bug, rather one of the limits of EVE. . We have already developped a small plugin to prevent citylights to display when you are in flight and above 10km. Next step is to prevent citylights to display on the galaxymap during the day. I will also put a look on clouds of Jupiter, Earth, etc. 

@Kierra and @tony48 here's one for you:

I have running installs of KSRSS, SSRSS and RSS now, all on KSP 1.6.1, and all with the exact same set of mods (except the obvious ones).

All three have their visual goodies added, high res wherever it is available. The appropriate scatterer version, EVE, etc are all there and working.

I play RSS and SSRSS for quite a while now, my PC is up to the task and I know what kind of performance to expect from KSP and mod bundles such as these.

Now here is the thing: from those three installs the KSRSS one gives me the least physics performance by a significant margin. Like constant yellow timer from just a pod sitting on the pad. In SSRSS and RSS I can fly around small planes with a constant green timer, starts to flicker yellow at around 100 parts.

The performance of KSRSS somewhat normalizes when in orbit, so I guess the issue is a texture one, or related to a demanding scatterer setting or something.

Do you guys have any idea on this?

cheers

Daf

@Dafni Did you have activated the terrain scatter ? If yes, try to disable it. To my knowledge, neither RSS nor SSRSS use terrain scatter. In the lasts versions of Kopernicus, it seems to have a bug that makes scatters consume a lot of performance. Maybe you should try to disable them ? It can also possibly be a bug in the scatterer configs. I will put a look on that.

1 hour ago, Kierra said:

@slaintemaith There is a small .dll in the KSRSS folder, which is intended to prevent this type of bug when rescaling. Could you send us your logs ? Maybe this bug is caused by us plugin. In all case, we are working on a better compatibility with Rescale! and Sigma Dimension for next versions.

Sure!  To where would you like the logs sent?
I had uninstalled this setup, so I had to reinstall it this morning in an attempt the dupe the bug.
I'm pleased to say it's repeatable.

Apart from logs is there anything else you'd like sent?

I can say my install is minimal--only KSRSS(VE), it's dependencies, Rescale 2.5x, Sigma, plus the Cormorant Aeronology shuttle and its 2.5x patch, and MechJeb

Glad to help out!

Edited by slaintemaith

18 hours ago, Kierra said:

@Dafni Did you have activated the terrain scatter ? If yes, try to disable it. To my knowledge, neither RSS nor SSRSS use terrain scatter. In the lasts versions of Kopernicus, it seems to have a bug that makes scatters consume a lot of performance. Maybe you should try to disable them ? It can also possibly be a bug in the scatterer configs. I will put a look on that.

Oh, I never paid attention, but you might be right. That would explain it. I give it a try as soon as I have the chance.

cheers

edit: @Kierra disabling the ground scatter did the trick! Thank you very much. Now the physics performance is as you should expect it, comparable with similar planet packs. Thanks again.

Edited by Dafni

On 7/10/2019 at 8:54 AM, slaintemaith said:

Sure!  To where would you like the logs sent?

You can post a pastebin link here, currently I am on holidays but I will examine your logs as soon as possible;)

@Dafni you can also try to set the terrain settings to KSRSS Med in the KSP settings.

Edited by tony48

On 7/5/2019 at 6:52 PM, slaintemaith said:

(Ignore the bottom blankness, that was me not cropping the photo properly.)

RFQutCa.jpg

@slaintemaith @Sigma88

Hello !

Yesterday, I saw the exact same strange squares from orbit around Earth.

And I don't use sigma or any rescale mod.

This glitch probably directly come from Scatterer (or KSRSS)

2 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

Here you are!
Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Can you create a github issue with steps to reproduce the bug? https://github.com/KerbalFrench/KSRSS/issues

53 minutes ago, ssd21345 said:

Waypointmanager spam Couldn't find celestial body with name 'Kerbin' in the log with ksrss

Apparently this is also a problem with RSS. We can fix this by changing Earth internal name to Kerbin but i am afraid it is a long process because we will have to change the name in all the cfg mentioning the Earth. We'll see.

Edited by tony48

Hey !

I have massive drop framerate when I am at the surface of the moon. Someone know what could cause this issue ?

I have stable 45 FPS on earth surface, 60 FPS in space, and 60 FPS again on the surface of Venus for exemple.

But on the moon (on differents sectors, with differents little probs), my frame rate stay at 7-8 FPS  :/ 

7 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Hey !

I have massive drop framerate when I am at the surface of the moon. Someone know what could cause this issue ?

I have stable 45 FPS on earth surface, 60 FPS in space, and 60 FPS again on the surface of Venus for exemple.

But on the moon (on differents sectors, with differents little probs), my frame rate stay at 7-8 FPS  :/ 

Try to set the KSP terrain settings to KSRSS med.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.