[Old Thread] KSRSS(VE) - Kerbin Size Real Solar System 0.4.1 "Complete Overhaul"

Kierra

4 hours ago, GungaDin said:

Wow I got KSRSS running and it's awesome.    Right now the only strange thing I'm seeing is that the bases I have available are misplaced on Earth.  Desert base in the middle of the ocean etc...  Is this an issue with Kerbal Constructs or did I miss a step?  Will KSC Switcher work with the latest versions of KSP and KSRSS? 

I can confirm that KSC Switcher is working with the latest version of both.  Several of the sites do look strange (like Vandenberg sitting on an island, or Baikonur being surrounded by beautiful green meadows) but they are still located at the right latitude and longitude, so those errors are mainly due to the loss of resolution you get from shrinking the Earth by 90%.  If the errors you're seeing are due to sites showing up at the wrong coordinates, like Kourou relocating to the west coast of Madagascar or something, that would point to bigger issues with your install, like corrupt files or some kind of conflict between KSRSS and another mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been playing KSRSS for a little bit and noticed two weird things. First of all, the KSC Switcher coordinates are off. Not only are the sites offset from their correct places, but also Kennedy Space Center appears to be underground for me. This is a minor issue as I’m able to remedy this easily by modifying the KSC configs.

The other issue is somewhat harder for me to fix; it appears as if the ocean is too low/ground is too high. When taking off from Florida, I see many places are raised above the ocean where they are not supposed to be in the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.

I only have minor experience working with Kopernicus configs, but maybe it is due to the terrain height noise being high enough to raise pieces of land over the sea level? It’s worth noting that it only happens in small chunks of land in seemingly random places so it would make sense this is the cause. I was able to partially fix this error by raising the sea level, but I feel like if I just keep raising the sea level I might create other issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a quick fix for the land being under water. Just download he EarthHeight.dds and place it in the ..\GameData\RSS-Textures\PluginData and replace the old one.

https://mega.nz/#!YyoTQKKD!X2f8QxH7KJAI1wIl7ute4xVzJ7Yr8lZSh1ayH6Pz7qo

Florida will still be under the ground but you can fix that in the LaunchSites.cfg in the KSRSS mod by adding 'repositionToSphereSurface = true' to 'us_cape_canaveral' at around line 553

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kspidor said:

is it possible to increase to the real size of the solar system???

Yes of course. For that you can use rescale :

But Ksrss is not realy made to do that. If you want play in a real solar system you should directly use that :

On 10/19/2019 at 6:26 AM, Carni35 said:

Hi !

I am curious about the next release of KSRSS ^^

Do you think you'll be able to use the new texture feature of 1.8 to improve your mod ?

And do you think release the new version this year or more for 2020 ?

Again thanks for this mod ;)

EK52NxhWsAEOMwI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

;)

5 hours ago, Dafni said:

Intriguing!

Can we hope for a release before the holidays maybe? That would be awesome!

Either way, many thanks in advance!

At the moment Kierra doesn’t have a lot of time to work on the mod and I’m afraid it won’t change until the holidays, so I would say no release before 2020 sorry :/

On 12/4/2019 at 6:59 PM, tony48 said:

At the moment Kierra doesn’t have a lot of time to work on the mod and I’m afraid it won’t change until the holidays, so I would say no release before 2020 sorry :/

Oh, no need to apologize! It is ready when it is ready and it will be amazing I am sure. In the meantime I'll happily play the current version. Cheers and thanks again for the nice work!

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Sherwin said:

Hi,

I have some question.

1) I have an issue with the sunray. The sun is here, but without visual effect when i look it. Any ideas ?

2) is it possible to play KSRSS with KSP 1.8x ?

fbl5.png

Thank you 

1) a screenshot of the sun in the tracking station would be helpful

2) You have to wait for a Kopernicus update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to make this mod Interstellar Consortium compatible so all us planet pack nuts can play this and about 20 other packs? It should be simple, requiring only a MM line to make Earth the homeworld only if IC is not installed, and giving it the lines to define its position. Thanks for anything you can do!

On 2/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Is it possible to make this mod Interstellar Consortium compatible so all us planet pack nuts can play this and about 20 other packs? It should be simple, requiring only a MM line to make Earth the homeworld only if IC is not installed, and giving it the lines to define its position. Thanks for anything you can do!

Added to the roadmap. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.