[Old Thread] KSRSS(VE) - Kerbin Size Real Solar System 0.4.1 "Complete Overhaul"

Kierra

34 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

When Kopernicus is updated for 1.9, will this be updated aswell? I would love to use it myself, but i don't want to revert back to old versions.

When Kopernicus AND scatterer will be ready for 1.9, this will be updated, but if we finish KSRSS 0.5 before one of the two mods updates, the release will be for 1.8.1.

10 hours ago, tony48 said:

When Kopernicus AND scatterer will be ready for 1.9, this will be updated, but if we finish KSRSS 0.5 before one of the two mods updates, the release will be for 1.8.1.

Thanks! Also, Are there any mods that this is incompatible with?

Introducing KSRSSVE Lite !

KSRSSVE Lite is a version of ksrssve that doesn’t require scatterer, enhancing performance on small computers.

On the left : Mars in KSRSS without KSRSSVE.

On the right : Mars with KSRSSVE Lite.
ERjeYx-WsAUUaXz?format=jpg&name=large

On the left : Earth in KSRSS + KSRSSVE but without scatterer

On the right : Earth with KSRSSVE Lite

ERjeYyJWAAIjAhX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

(Earth color in this picture is not up to date, we changed it to a darker one)

13 hours ago, tony48 said:

KSRSSVE Lite is a version of ksrssve that doesn’t require scatterer, enhancing performance on small computers.

On the left : Mars in KSRSS without KSRSSVE.

On the right : Mars with KSRSSVE Lite.
ERjeYx-WsAUUaXz?format=jpg&name=large

On the left : Earth in KSRSS + KSRSSVE but without scatterer

On the right : Earth with KSRSSVE Lite

ERjeYyJWAAIjAhX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

(Earth color in this picture is not up to date, we changed it to a darker one)

Looks amazing, especially for low end systems! Gotta admit though, nothing lives up to it with normal Scatterer.Capture_du_2019-12-22_09-18-22.png

14 hours ago, tony48 said:

Neat. I am sure many users will appreciate this. Personally I have the hardware to run the full version, but I still appreciate you coming up with a lite version for the low end PC and laptop users. Good job! Eh, that EVE is a helluva mod, right? Amazing what it can do.

Tony, can I kindly ask if you have a rough EDA for KSRSS 0.5? Just asking as I am debating holding off a fresh play-trough. No pressure and no rush, just innocent curiosity... and those pics of the new textures have me very excited here, cant blame a guy for a little impatience after you made us drool over new textures now, can you? :D

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

Neat. I am sure many users will appreciate this. Personally I have the hardware to run the full version, but I still appreciate you coming up with a lite version for the low end PC and laptop users. Good job! Eh, that EVE is a helluva mod, right? Amazing what it can do.

Tony, can I kindly ask if you have a rough EDA for KSRSS 0.5? Just asking as I am debating holding off a fresh play-trough. No pressure and no rush, just innocent curiosity... and those pics of the new textures have me very excited here, cant blame a guy for a little impatience after you made us drool over new textures now, can you? :D

Hello !

We  decided to push back the scatterer config revamp to 0.6. So, KSRSS 0.5 will use the current scatterer config. We make this choice because scatterer is a mess. We need more time to understand how to make proper config. So, release of KSRSS 0.5 is a question of few days/weeks, but without new scatterer config !

And just a little screen : this is the earth less blue than the last screen. Just with EVE.
ERkkMJUWkAAud14?format=jpg&name=large
Sorry for my english

Edited by Kierra

49 minutes ago, Kierra said:

Hello !

We  decided to push back the scatterer config revamp to 0.6. So, KSRSS 0.5 will use the current scatterer config. We make this choice because scatterer is a mess. We need more time to understand how to make proper config. So, release of KSRSS 0.5 is a question of few days/weeks, but without new scatterer config !

That is fine, the current scatterer configs (0.4.1) looked more than okay.

Thank you for the insight, I appreciate it a lot!

Good luck and all the best!

I'm super excited about installing this, but I'm still a bit confused as to how planet packs and kopernicus are installed.When installing a planet pack, people tell me to copy and paste a new KSP into a new directory. How, why, and what does this mean?

Edited by alberro+

19 hours ago, alberro+ said:

I'm super excited about installing this, but I'm still a bit confused as to how planet packs and kopernicus are installed.When installing a planet pack, people tell me to copy and paste a new KSP into a new directory. How, why, and what does this mean?

If you have KSP on Steam, it’s better to make another KSP installation otherwise Steam will auto update the game and Kopernicus won’t be compatible with your KSP anymore. Just copy your KSP directory and paste it anywhere.

1 hour ago, winproof said:

hello

nice mod, thanks, it's good to have a replacement for ssrss :)

one question, can i play a carrer with this mod? (in term of science, contract etc...)

You can, but we still haven’t tested KSRSS in career mod, so we don’t know if progression is balanced. And for contracts, the stock ones should work but modded contract packs won’t.

Hey fellow kerbal enthusiasts, thanks for a great addition to the fun of this game, just wondering how things were going with the updating of this mod further as its one of my favourites, but many additional mods I use are improving and have updated to 1.81 and 1.91 so unable to use the improvements and fixes, would love this to update also

54 minutes ago, Yboik said:

Hey fellow kerbal enthusiasts, thanks for a great addition to the fun of this game, just wondering how things were going with the updating of this mod further as its one of my favourites, but many additional mods I use are improving and have updated to 1.81 and 1.91 so unable to use the improvements and fixes, would love this to update also

Update is going well, unfortunately we don’t have a lot of time to work on it. The big things to do before the release are custom scatters, Titan and Mars atmospheres and changes on Earth heightmap. We don’t have a release date yet. 
While you are waiting, you can play with KSRSS 0.4.1, it should work with KSP 1.8.1.

HI

one little things, actually low/high atmosphere/orbit use rss values.

i've try to change this for stock value (just for earth now) , but change flyingAltitudeThreshold/spaceAltitudeThreshold in GameData\KSRSS\KSRSSKopernicus\bodies\bodie.cfg don't work (but work with  Celestial Body Science Editor)

maybe i don't use the correct file?

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

8 hours ago, winproof said:

HI

one little things, actually low/high atmosphere/orbit use rss values.

i've try to change this for stock value (just for earth now) , but change flyingAltitudeThreshold/spaceAltitudeThreshold in GameData\KSRSS\KSRSSKopernicus\bodies\bodie.cfg don't work (but work with  Celestial Body Science Editor)

maybe i don't use the correct file?

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

It should work :huh:

Are you editing Earth.cfg?

Btw we’re French too and we have a discord if you want to talk in our language https://discord.gg/vDtrAun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.