What phone do you own? (if you do)

LandBoatBuick

iPhone =(

RIP Steve Jobs... every successive generation of phone seems worse. Although I have to give them the fact that this gen iPhone is the first I’ve had that doesn’t shatter in a stiff breeze >_<

Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime - yes one of those phone types Samsung makes just like they're selling hotcakes.

I also have a Nokia, but I forgot to top-up the sim card, and now I don't have a number for it...

A phone with 3.7 m (12 ft) parabolic, high-gain antenna Deep Space Network transceiver with S-band (13 cm wavelength) and X-band (3.6 cm wavelength) communication

Doogee S60 Lite, which is not even close to light. It's actually a heavyweight at almost 290 g.

The battery does comfortably last for 3 days, which is a plus, but I long for my old Siemens C35 which would get a full week of battery life at a third of mass, and managed phone calls just as well.

There is one annoying bug I've been hunting down ever since I got it though. It sporadically turns off all sounds, including alarms and ringtones. It doesn't lower or mute the volume, it doesn't enter the Do not disturb mod, there is no indication at all, and I'm sure it's not my pocket that's doing it since once it happened while I was putting it on the wireless charger. The first time I placed it a bit off center and it produced a complaining sound, so I removed it and replaced it. It produced no further sound, even though it should have confirmed the placement.

When this happens, the only way I manage to turn on the sound is to reboot the thing. I've tried googling the symptoms I've come across multiple people having same issues with different devices, which leads me to believe that the problem is with Android and not the device itself. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet.

3 hours ago, ARS said:

A phone with 3.7 m (12 ft) parabolic, high-gain antenna Deep Space Network transceiver with S-band (13 cm wavelength) and X-band (3.6 cm wavelength) communication

Is your grandmother living inside the Voyager Space probe or something?

12 hours ago, LandBoatBuick said:
16 hours ago, ARS said:

Is your grandmother living inside the Voyager Space probe or something?

He's just an extraterrestrial secret agent, so he just needs it to communicate with HQ.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, LandBoatBuick said:

i'm bored.

Since people are actually answering, might as well add mine

Mine is a Huawei Pixel 6P. This phone has some bad problems, and not just mine. The phone usually cuts life at 30% to 60%, and bootloops, and it is known for that. The phone itself is good, but you people are lucky to have long batterys.Nexus-9-640x427.jpg

8 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Apparently most kids these days have no idea how to use a rotary dial phone. I don’t think they’ve been made for decades 

Rotary dialing apps actually exist.

I bet there's a factory, somewhere, that still manufactures the things.  I mean, there's a factory a few miles from me that still makes cassette tapes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.