KSP Loading... Preview: KAL-1000 Actions

St4rdust

Good job as always

1. when will it come out?

2. So can we go both robotics and flight?

3. Will you be able to use this as deploying a base as it lands?

4. Can you test it in the VAB?

5. Do you program it in some way (Ex: Turn at 80 M/S)?

Great job @SQUAD or @Private Division. Whatever you're called now

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Good job as always

1. when will it come out?

2. So can we go both robotics and flight?

3. Will you be able to use this as deploying a base as it lands?

4. Can you test it in the VAB?

5. Do you program it in some way (Ex: Turn at 80 M/S)?

Great job @SQUAD or @Private Division. Whatever you're called now

1. We haven’t announced a date yet.

2. The feature is about controlling existing Part Action Window functionality with KAL.

4. Some things can be tested and some can’t  

5. In this example turning was achieved by rotating a probe with a hinge. 

at first i thought the nav ball was bugged out but it makes way more sense that you turned by literally tilting the probe core relative to the rocket. really ingenious way to do that and i am very exited for this. robotics parts was great but automating rockets is better.

We are getting closer to a programmable autopilot in stock KSP.

Though will we be able to add KAL-1000 tracks to action groups as well? It’d be really good to make custom landing gear and be able to deploy them using the gear action group.

8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

We are getting closer to a programmable autopilot in stock KSP.

Though will we be able to add KAL-1000 tracks to action groups as well? It’d be really good to make custom landing gear and be able to deploy them using the gear action group.

This works by now. I use it for my big tankers landing on Minmus to refuel. Just edit the "Gear" action group, add the KAL-1000 and set it to togle play/paused and togle forward/reversed. Et Voilá, nice big 5m long landing legs controlled by the "G"-key. :cool:

Edit: The landinglegs will work even better with the new Girp Pads (I hope).

Edited by Jacky_Rabbit

4 hours ago, dok_377 said:

Just add the ability to lock/unlock the robotic parts via KAL-1000 and it will be priceless. 

Based on what nestor said earlier in the thread, this should be possible with this upcoming update.

2. The feature is about controlling existing Part Action Window functionality with KAL.

Since you can lock/unlock parts with the Part Action Window, this should be doable with the KAL.

7 hours ago, Jacky_Rabbit said:

This works by now. I use it for my big tankers landing on Minmus to refuel. Just edit the "Gear" action group, add the KAL-1000 and set it to togle play/paused and togle forward/reversed. Et Voilá, nice big 5m long landing legs controlled by the "G"-key. :cool:

Edit: The landinglegs will work even better with the new Girp Pads (I hope).

I didn't know that! I haven't really been using the robotics that much since BG's release (because with so many possibilities, I couldn't think of anything to do :P) but I think with the grip pads and KAL-1000 improvements in 1.7.3 I'm going to have to give the robotics some serious use!

25 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Is it an autopilot too? 

No,  just a carefully timed set of manuevers. Essentially, someone timed the actions that needed to happen on that exact size/shape ship, and set those timing to actions in the KAL controller.

I really hope, this update finds its way into the public, as what the dev-team is currently doing and adding to the game is worth not only recognition, but a good number on the bank account. I mean, the game changed in a lot of positive ways, even for experienced players and those on board for years... :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.