[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

Hmmmm...

Can't seem to get the Canadarm to grab anything in 1.9? 

Even when using the Grapple/Fixture the arm just passes right through it and into the object to be grabbed with no collision?

Am I doing something wrong?

On 4/13/2020 at 2:21 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

@benjee10 Just curious, what are you working on at the moment with respect to your mods?

Nothing new to show for the time being.

30 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Hmmmm...

Can't seem to get the Canadarm to grab anything in 1.9? 

Even when using the Grapple/Fixture the arm just passes right through it and into the object to be grabbed with no collision?

Am I doing something wrong?

See posts on the previous pages dealing with this. 

6 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Nothing new to show for the time being.

See posts on the previous pages dealing with this. 

I did. 

Enabled same vessel Integration to add collision...

Still get grab the Grapple/Fixture to dock and hold.

an someone post a video of this in action?

Thanks!

Edited by Kilo60

6 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I did. 

Enabled same vessel Integration to add collision...

Still get grab the Grapple/Fixture to dock and hold.

an someone post a video of this in action?

Thanks!

There should be a rotating part behind the End Effector that allows you to roll it into position - the gold box on the End Effector should line up with the crosshair on the grapple fixture. That being said it can be fiddly, it seems the angle snap is not wholly reliable. Some people have removed it from their config entirely and I may well do the same next update. 

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

There should be a rotating part behind the End Effector that allows you to roll it into position - the gold box on the End Effector should line up with the crosshair on the grapple fixture. That being said it can be fiddly, it seems the angle snap is not wholly reliable. Some people have removed it from their config entirely and I may well do the same next update. 

Are you referring to the Camera on the end effector as the "gold Box"?

If so yes, I'm lining that up with the crosshair on the grapple fixture and still could not grab it...

Thanks!

7 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Some people have removed it from their config entirely and I may well do the same next update. 

benjee just wanted to weigh in and say that removing that from the config did nothing for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me it says I’m missing the SRBs and there couplers and the tank I have no clue how to fix this I think an update is needed

Just now, PeshBuilds said:

For me it says I’m missing the SRBs and there couplers and the tank I have no clue how to fix this I think an update is needed

Please help

Just now, PeshBuilds said:

Please help

The tank, SRBs and decouplers are from the reDIRECT mod. This mod is just for the Orbiter itself. 

@PeshBuilds For the full shuttle experience,  you also want Modular Launch Pads and Habtech2. That will give you the full shuttle launch hardware and the American ISS components. If you want the LC39 statics, look up KSC Extended. Make sure you download all the relevant dependencies. 

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm using this and reDIRECT, and it looks great, I can get all the parts together well, and it works brilliantly with the modular launch pads. But I'm having trouble with the fuel tanks, the engines on the orbiter (Vectors) use Liquid Fuel, nut the external fuel tank is Liquid Hydrogen, I've tried changing the config to make it liquid fuel, but it doesn't even get off the ground. Is there another setting I need to modify or is there a different part I'm missing?

40 minutes ago, Infamous_Xylophone said:

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm using this and reDIRECT, and it looks great, I can get all the parts together well, and it works brilliantly with the modular launch pads. But I'm having trouble with the fuel tanks, the engines on the orbiter (Vectors) use Liquid Fuel, nut the external fuel tank is Liquid Hydrogen, I've tried changing the config to make it liquid fuel, but it doesn't even get off the ground. Is there another setting I need to modify or is there a different part I'm missing?

You need to use the ‘rainstorm’ engine included with reDIRECT not the vector. It uses the same model as the stock SSME but is configured to use liquid hydrogen.

I have a bug or something not sure so i installed a ton of mods and im trying to build the shuttle and the fuel options for the Redirect tanks from Redirect are all Oxygen,Hydrogen,and Oxidzer and i do not have the option to put both LH2 and Oxygen or Oxide (i can't remember which one the rainstorm uses) I think its another one of my mods i tested a clean install with just Interstellar fuel switch and Redirect that wasn't it i tried Cryo tanks that wasn't it, I tried both together that wasn't it either. I'm not sure what it is so i have a text file (my mod list is big) of all my mods im not sure how to send you the log if its needed but if you can help me find out whatever the source is that's causing it that would be nice thanks in advance!:) https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk6shhqakcrvjl9/Ksp 1.8.1 JNSQ modlist.txt?dl=0 also here is a picture of what i mean https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvj6qwkurn5xpsn/screenshot352.png?dl=0

Edit it was Interstellar extended causing it in warp plugin going to add the LH2 and Oxygen mix as a fuel option

Edited by Jim123
Forget to add something and found the problem

@benjee10 i am unable to use the craft files for some odd reason. it brings up an error saying missing part DIRECT.KJ10 and part module syncmodulecontrolsurface

any ideas? i seem to have the SOCK parts so i can actually build the shuttle, but im having trouble with the attachment nodes for the landing gear, they just refuse to go in place. 1.8.1 btw

Edited by si2504

1 hour ago, si2504 said:

@benjee10 i am unable to use the craft files for some odd reason. it brings up an error saying missing part DIRECT.KJ10 and part module syncmodulecontrolsurface

I've also had issues with the AJ10 not being present in benjee10sharedassets. It seems the reDIRECT dev branch has the AJ10 though .

13 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I've also had issues with the AJ10 not being present in benjee10sharedassets. It seems the reDIRECT dev branch has the AJ10 though .

its DIRECT KJ10 thats missing not AJ10. i dont know what OMS engines you are supposed to use either.