[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

Why could I be tipping over and backwards on reentry, at ~50 km? Love the mod so much, but can't use the orbiter because of terrible, unimaginable aerodynamical instability (no FAR, using crafts that are included with the mod).

2 minutes ago, NiL said:

Why could I be tipping over and backwards on reentry, at ~50 km? Love the mod so much, but can't use the orbiter because of terrible, unimaginable aerodynamical instability (no FAR, using crafts that are included with the mod).

What's your weight and balance like? Is all your weight behind your CoM?

21 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

What's your weight and balance like? Is all your weight behind your CoM?

I don't know actually, since i didn't modify the craft i throught I didn't need to check. Thanks, I'll check... IDK, I cannot really move the wings but maybe added weight or clipped winglets could help.

55 minutes ago, Jim Pickle said:

I think I built it correctly this time, I just can't figure out the controls on how to move it.

With the stock Breaking Ground DLC, you control the arm using the Part Action Window (shown when you right-click the part).

I also created the Servo Controller mod to organize the controls. You can find it here:

It has its own set of limitations due to how robotics are implemented in KSP 1.8.1- you have to open the PAW on the servos in order to control them through Servo Controller, but it's less of a nightmare than using the individual PAW windows.

32 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

With the stock Breaking Ground DLC, you control the arm using the Part Action Window (shown when you right-click the part).

I also created the Servo Controller mod to organize the controls. You can find it here:

It has its own set of limitations due to how robotics are implemented in KSP 1.8.1- you have to open the PAW on the servos in order to control them through Servo Controller, but it's less of a nightmare than using the individual PAW windows.

For some odd reason, the arm does not move whenever I attempt to control it using the Part Action Window.  Am I doing something wrong?  I open the menu, and then try to move one of the slides, but nothing happens.  

However, when I do reenter through the atmosphere, the arm does appear to glitch through the cargo bay and heat tiled bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, nick1041 said:

all of the parts are not appearing and i only have the folder that i extracted from winrar in the gamedata folder

It may help to see your log file and a screenshot of your gamedata folder to provide more specific advice then.

25 minutes ago, nick1041 said:

i extracted Shuttle_Orbiter_Construction_Kit-1.1.2b and placed it in the GameData folder.

You shouldn't place the entire folder in GameData - if you look inside the Shuttle_Orbiter_Construction_Kit folder, there should be a GameData folder which a bunch of subfolders inside. You want to take the contents of that GameData folder, and then move it into your KSP install's GameData folder. Should look something like this:

QeMyvPM.png