[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

6 hours ago, Eddaboss said:

Hey Benjee could you please send me the version of the mod that works with ksp version 1.8.1 because I ftried using the version that you just download off of the website and it did not work

@Eddaboss, Welcome to the forum. Could you describe what you mean by it not working? Does the game load and you do not see the parts? Or something else? 

6 hours ago, Eddaboss said:

Hey Benjee could you please send me the version of the mod that works with ksp version 1.8.1 because I ftried using the version that you just download off of the website and it did not work

Hey Eddaboss-

SOCK should work just fine with 1.8.1. Could you retry downloading it, make sure you install it correctly (tutorial), and then see if that works?

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

This is available as an optional extra in the 'Extras' folder included with the mod, installation instructions are in the ReadMe file. 

Roger

is this the right install path for the wings?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter\ColumbiaWings

Edited by Adam-Kerman
Install Path

Hello @benjee10I love this mod so far!

Couple things I noticed with this in 1.10.1, with Breaking Ground and Making History DLC

First, I have the following suggested mods installed:

Spoiler

ReDirect

Atmosphere Autopilot

Mechjeb 2

Modular Launchpads

And their requirements:

Animated Attachment

Animated Decouplers

B9 PartSwitch

Benjee10_sharedAssets

Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter

CommunityCategoryKit

CommunityResourcePack

DeployableEngines

HabTechProps

htRobotics

PlumeParty

RetractableLiftingSurface

ModuleManager 4.1.4.dll

When spawning on the runway with either the Stock SOCK or the reDirect SOCK, the KerbalArm likes to go for a walk, sometimes accompanying an explosion - same with the KU band antenna. 

For the Arm: doing the suggested joint locking and end effector Root Attachment Autostrut doesn't make a difference.  Having all the parts with the grandparent or root part autostrut just makes it explode faster.  Typically the arm ends up having the middle elbow bent at a 30-45 degree angle up and out of the shuttle cargo bay, with the effector protruding through the cargo bay bottom.

For both the KU antenna and Arm:  Their mounting "blocks" like to slide down the side of the cargo bay, with a bounce or two; however, attaching the mounting "blocks" to a small cubic octagonal strut in the SPH and then spawning the orbiter tends to make the mounting blocks stay in one spot.  The strut doesn't move either.

Not sure what to try next, it's been a very long time since I've delved into KSP in earnest.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Edited by smotheredrun

1 hour ago, ElonMusket23 said:

Here are some screenshots I took with SOCK and a few other mods:

Great pics! Love the vintage look they have. And that Moonraker cockpit texture from SOCK in colours is awesome, gives it a really cool unique look. 

@benjee10Little update regarding my sliding Shoulder Mounts for the KU antenna and robit arm:

Attaching the shoulder mount to either the forward bulkhead (back of the cockpit) or the rear bulkhead (front of engine mount) and the shoulder mounts don't move or slide - so maybe there's something with the cargo bay walls?

My next test will be to see if KJR does anything.  I'll let you know.

Would you like a copy of my log file?  I still have it and can send you a link if you like

Another update regarding the KerboArm:

Thanks to the snooping of the related threads (here, Servo Controller and Buffalo mods), and some advice from @Angel-125I have solved at least part of the issues with my wandering KerboArm.

Again, in KSP 1.10.1 using the mods I listed a few posts ago, but with KJR-Next now added.

It seems like KJR-Next is what solved a few issues.  The "Payload Bay Longeron Attachment Point" (the thing I called the Shoulder Mount) no longer bounces all over the place when radially attached to the side of the Payload Bay (for instance, when using the Shuttle reDirect craft files - Non IR versions).  They are firmly and solidly attached to the payload bay.  

There is no longer any wobble or flopping or spinning of the Kerbo Arm, while on the runway or standing vertically; it does however, when the craft is sitting horizonally on the runway, if you unlock all of the joints, the middle elbow (Elbow Servo Joint) will immediately flop down and start swinging.  It appears the motor doesn't have enough power to reset it to the "build angle" - or any angle other than straight down-ish.  This feature isn't game breaking, but just some added info.

Still haven't figured out how to use the KAL-1000, but I feel like I've made some progress.

Off to do a test flight with a full shuttle stack.  Hope this helps someone

EDIT:  The damping values on all movable arm parts was set to about 61-64.  As a side note, if anyone knows how to do fine incremental adjustments to the values in the PAWs (Rclick menues) as in "use mouse wheel (or something else)to move the number up or down by 1, I'd love to know!  :)

Edited by smotheredrun

hola, una pregunta alguna de la versiones de este mod es compatible con ksp 1.3.1

[Moderator translation via Google Translate][Traducción del moderador a través del Traductor de Google]

hi, a question any of the versions of this mod is compatible with ksp 1.3.1

Edited by Geonovast
Translation

4 hours ago, Nemoksp said:

hola, una pregunta alguna de la versiones de este mod es compatible con ksp 1.3.1

[Moderator translation via Google Translate][Traducción del moderador a través del Traductor de Google]

hi, a question any of the versions of this mod is compatible with ksp 1.3.1

Yes, I believe it should work with the exception of the shuttle payload bay, which will show up but without some of the proper shaders.  I don't actually know if this is the case, or why you would want to do that, but give it a try.

Sí, creo que debería funcionar con la excepción de la bahía de carga útil del transbordador, que aparecerá pero sin algunos de los sombreadores adecuados. En realidad, no sé si este es el caso, o por qué querrías hacer eso, pero pruébalo.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron
Not a native Spanish speaker and I tried to use the least amount of Google Translate possible, so may be tragically wrong.

6 minutes ago, Nemoksp said:

Hello, I already installed the mod. but the cargo bay does not appear to me and the wings appear superimposed one on the other. I tried all versions of the mod and I had the same problems. Would there be any solution to this problem?

What version of KSP? Regardless of what I said above, the cargo bay does not appear at all in versions less than 1.8.1. The wings might be victim to a similar problem.