[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

Small update - added Waterfall RCS plumes (much improved!), stock inventory support, and a few tweaks (finally angle snap is gone from the Candarm!)

Also updated Benjee10_sharedAssets with a new APAS model:

Screen_Shot_2021-03-02_at_00.27.34.png?width=1860&height=1466

Old version is deprecated, so please remove any instances from flight after this update as future updates will remove the old part entirely. 

Backwards compatible with 1.8.1 in theory, so please back up your files before trying!

Download from GitHub or Spacedock!

21 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Small update - added Waterfall RCS plumes (much improved!), stock inventory support, and a few tweaks (finally angle snap is gone from the Candarm!)

Also updated Benjee10_sharedAssets with a new APAS model:

Screen_Shot_2021-03-02_at_00.27.34.png?width=1860&height=1466

Old version is deprecated, so please remove any instances from flight after this update as future updates will remove the old part entirely. 

Backwards compatible with 1.8.1 in theory, so please back up your files before trying!

Download from GitHub or Spacedock!

Should i delete old shared assets folder or just overwrite it? I installed redirect too and i think there is orion solar panel parts inside that folder

Just now, llikooid said:

Should i delete old shared assets folder or just overwrite it? I installed redirect too and i think there is orion solar panel parts inside that folder

You should delete the old version first. The Orion solar panel is in the reDIRECT folder not shared assets so nothing will change there, but the folder structure has changed slightly so deleting the old version first will prevent any issues. 

Sorry to spoil a surprise, but:

benjee10.shuttle.buranCockpit_icon.png
benjee10.shuttle.buranOMS_icon.png

Found on the GitHub repository in the Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter/parts/@thumbs directory...

Pretty awesome update coming soon, I suppose!

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron
Removed a bigger spoiler

11 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Found on the GitHub repository in the Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter/parts/@thumbs directory...

Pretty awesome update coming soon, I suppose

I was wondering when someone would find those...

18 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

Been building a station with Shuttles and HabTech2 parts over the past few weeks

Great screenshots!

reDIRECT's engines probably need a larger revamp. Most don't have emissives/shrouds etc. so it seems a bit redundant to add waterfall support until they're updated. 

3 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

Hey @benjee10, I just installed the new SOCK version but the RCS Waterfall effect on it is constantly on. Is it on maybe some type of Waterfall testing mode?

screenshot202.png

screenshot203.png?width=832&height=468

Make sure you have the latest version of Waterfall installed. 0.6.0+ is needed to handle the multiple RCS modules on a single part.

18 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Pretty awesome update coming soon, I suppose!

Omg, we're gonna Buran parts?! :o :o 

Not a big fan of the Buran, but still pretty cool for people to have ;) .

1 hour ago, Emilius73 said:

Been building a station with Shuttles and HabTech2 parts over the past few weeks

screenshot170.png

screenshot102.png

screenshot172.png

Great to see that the RCS has Waterfall support now! Wonder if reDIRECT's engines will get it...

Cool and inspiring! :D

Love seeing those NF tech parts, @Nerteadid great work on them :) 

Edited by SpaceX_Boi
Had to put in some grammer :P

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Great screenshots!

reDIRECT's engines probably need a larger revamp. Most don't have emissives/shrouds etc. so it seems a bit redundant to add waterfall support until they're updated. 

BDB has a good RS-68 and SSME. Only the mount doesn`t fit, also this engine is bigger than your SSME.

11 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Is it optional, or will I need Waterfall to show plumes in future updates?

It’s a requirement now yeah. Note that no other waterfall configs are bundled with the mod, so it won’t affect any other parts unless you choose to install additional configs.

47 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

It’s a requirement now yeah. Note that no other waterfall configs are bundled with the mod, so it won’t affect any other parts unless you choose to install additional configs.

Not even stock plumes? That's really bad.

Unfortunately, some other mods has their Waterfall configs buried deep and do not provide easy opt-out, so it's somewhat inconvenient to delete these after each update.

Also, what would happen if I try to use it without Waterfall? Simply no plumes, NFEs, instant CTD?

Edited by biohazard15

On 3/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, biohazard15 said:

Not even stock plumes? That's really bad.

Unfortunately, some other mods has their Waterfall configs buried deep and do not provide easy opt-out, so it's somewhat inconvenient to delete these after each update.

Also, what would happen if I try to use it without Waterfall? Simply no plumes, NFEs, instant CTD?

Fortunately for the RS-25, the stock vector has a wonderful plume found in Stock Waterfall Effects, and since this one just uses that same model, it's pretty easy to copy the config and edit it to apply to this one instead.

The config for the O-10 "Puff" works decently for the AJ-10 as well, though that one requires a bit of scaling to work correctly.

I'm glad benjee added the RCS waterfall configs, it makes the whole thing look so much better when maneuvering. I was planning on making some myself but he beat me to it :D

6 minutes ago, Razgriz1 said:

Fortunately for the RS-25, the stock vector has a wonderful plume found in Stock Waterfall Effects, and since this one just uses that same model, it's pretty easy to copy the config and edit it to apply to this one instead.

The config for the O-10 "Puff" works decently for the AJ-10 as well, though that one requires a bit of scaling to work correctly.

I'm glad benjee added the RCS waterfall configs, it makes the whole thing look so much better when maneuvering. I was planning on making some myself but he beat me to it

I am absolutely NOT adding Waterfall to my main install, and I may add it to my test installs only for testing purposes.

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

I am absolutely NOT adding Waterfall to my main install, and I may add it to my test installs only for testing purposes.

Then use the previous version of SOCK. The only added features in this version are stock inventory and Waterfall support, and I think you can live without stock inventory.

I was hoping 1.11.2 would fix the issue with EVA constructing docking ports but it doesn't seem to have - wondering if the culprit is either B9partSwitch or something about the colliders themselves. Needs more testing to figure it out. 

Minor update is up on Git + SpaceDock. Have patched the inventory so that it only shows up on 1.11+, hopefully making it more backwards-compatible. Also transferred the waterfall configs to a MM patch so the horrendous stock plumes will be used as a fallback if waterfall isn't installed. 

Also just a gentle reminder that I do this for free & only because I want to make things that other people will enjoy. If you have a problem with an update or want to request a feature, please do so politely :)

17 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

I am absolutely NOT adding Waterfall to my main install

Why not? It works quite well, and is really cool :/ 

Also @benjee10 or someone, I have a weird problem with the Spacelab parts. I don't know if this is another problem with my dumb graphics card, but the parts to build Spacelab don't highlight and I don't see any info when I right-click on them :/ 

Edit: exact same thing happening with the OMS engine, no delta-v readouts, doesn't show up in staging, doesn't highlight and can't right click :/

Another Edit: Same thing with the Shuttle cockpit too, and it could possibly be any other part :0.0:

Edited by SpaceX_Boi