[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

4 hours ago, Transformatron said:

Does anyone know when Benjee will be releasing Buran?  I dont want to use Comorant for Soviet orbiters and SOCK for US orbiters, cause I want their design to be consistant.  

Only himself knows this.
When it`s done then it`s done.

10 hours ago, Transformatron said:

Does anyone know when Benjee will be releasing Buran?  I dont want to use Comorant for Soviet orbiters and SOCK for US orbiters, cause I want their design to be consistant.  

There's gonna be Buran stuff too? Woop woop!

21 hours ago, Transformatron said:

Be patient . It will be released when it s ready . Nobody has an ETA on its release .

On 4/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, Pepethecat said:

I dont think this is normal but the shuttle for me when gliding in the atmosphere is straight up unflyable. It flips backwarks no matter what I do and stalls.

SOCK includes a patch that changes the mass of the stock SSME to 1.2t (which is more inline with reality, the stock versions are way too heavy to balance their much better performance compared to other engines in that size class). It's possible that if you are using another mod's SSME or have mods that patch the SSME after SOCK does, you could be using engines which are too heavy and affecting the CoM. I am looking into adjusting the patch so that it applies after all others to ensure that the CoM is always correct. 

On 4/13/2021 at 6:19 PM, Transformatron said:

After the next Planetside update + another small mod I have been working on Buran will be my main priority. 

On 4/15/2021 at 6:43 AM, benjee10 said:

SOCK includes a patch that changes the mass of the stock SSME to 1.2t (which is more inline with reality, the stock versions are way too heavy to balance their much better performance compared to other engines in that size class). It's possible that if you are using another mod's SSME or have mods that patch the SSME after SOCK does, you could be using engines which are too heavy and affecting the CoM. I am looking into adjusting the patch so that it applies after all others to ensure that the CoM is always correct. 

After the next Planetside update + another small mod I have been working on Buran will be my main priority. 

Yeah I figured it out, I had another mod that override that patch and I had to fix it myself!

15 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

Anyone know the best way to mount a space station module in the orbiter cargo bay for deployment?

I use the included trusses and use a decoupler with the decoupler force set to zero and then I use the shuttle's rcs to back away.

Only one way to reenter in style.

screenshot782.png?width=1642&height=924

On 3/16/2021 at 10:52 AM, Emilius73 said:

Been building a station with Shuttles and HabTech2 parts over the past few weeks

Idk if I've already posted about this, but the station is finished!

screenshot756.png?width=1642&height=924

21 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Any advice on how to do a proper landing with this thing using an automated system like mechjeb?

I am not really aware of any autopilot mods that are particularly well suited to landing spaceplanes without some sort of engine to maintain speed in the atmosphere. Your best bet is probably a custom made autopilot using kOS. That is my current pet project, but I am focusing more on the entry guidance portion of it than the landing right now.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, benjee10 said:

So thats why its so light hmmm. anyway of making it more balanced aswell as keeping CoM Correct? 

29 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

So thats why its so light hmmm. anyway of making it more balanced aswell as keeping CoM Correct? 

Not without making the mass of the orbiter higher, which in turn throws off the balance of everything else (e.g. require more OMS fuel, more thrust from the SRBs, more fuel in the external tank) which makes everything else unbalanced against stock. It is the stock SSMEs which are unbalanced.

I have found a patch in my install that changes the ssme mass, its an optional patch from CryoEngines that  i used to modify the cryo engines to actualy use cryo.
so at the stock mass of 4 or even 3.7, that will break the SOCK shuttle and maybe the CA Shuttle, right? 

Every time I want to dock to a station with the docking port of the shuttle, MechJeb Autopilot has trouble with it. The Shuttle just flies away. However, the docking port of the payload I want to connect to the station, works perfectly. Please help me.

Absolutely in love with this mod, also yes they may or may not be LRB's which I still can't believe actually looked as good as they do haha!

(edit: just tried to put in pictures but couldn't so here's some links)

https://imgur.com/mL8lwFl https://imgur.com/lraPWhN  https://imgur.com/K9hDN9D

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/my56mw/testing_of_the_descendo_crew_capsule_w_shuttle/

Edited by QuantumNight12
Adding links for pictures

21 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

Feature Request:
To have the Forward/-15 degree control point action-groupable so I can link it with OMS on/off.

Not possible I’m afraid AFAIK, you’d have to ask Squad to implement that.

7 minutes ago, Pepethecat said:

So... Most of the time when I quicksave and quickload with the shuttle my orbit gets scrambled, parts are not where they are supposed to be and everything is crooked....

Need a bit more info than that. Any other mods etc? Safe to say it’s not an issue I’ve experienced!