[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

36 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Not possible I’m afraid AFAIK, you’d have to ask Squad to implement that.

Need a bit more info than that. Any other mods etc? Safe to say it’s not an issue I’ve experienced!

Many many mods but as it sounds. the parts of the shuttle get jumbled around and aren't where they are supposed to be, like the which is crooked and stuff.

18 minutes ago, Pepethecat said:

Many many mods but as it sounds. the parts of the shuttle get jumbled around and aren't where they are supposed to be, like the which is crooked and stuff.

OK, well a mods list/log of the issue being replicated is needed to diagnose what's going on. Not much I can do based just on that. 

45 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

OK, well a mods list/log of the issue being replicated is needed to diagnose what's going on. Not much I can do based just on that. 

My bad dude, here you go.

To replicate it all I do is quicksave and then load, I found no specific situation where it happens only that sometimes it does sometime it doesn't.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Ummmm It seems that some parts have not been applied.

unknown.png

(i loaded preset space shuttle,but it was not loaded! some parts are missing.)

I downloaded everything listed in the description, but the parts are missing.

What additional mods should I get?unknown.png

here is my mod list.

please help me!

Edited by 아무생각

4 hours ago, 아무생각 said:

Ummmm It seems that some parts have not been applied.

unknown.png

(i loaded preset space shuttle,but it was not loaded! some parts are missing.)

I downloaded everything listed in the description, but the parts are missing.

What additional mods should I get?unknown.png

here is my mod list.

please help me!

Did you reinstall SOCK and reDIRECT because it looks like there is sometihin wrong with your installation.

22 minutes ago, Pepethecat said:

Also heres an example of what it looks like after a load

My instinct is that it could be Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, seems like the only mod you have that could potentially cause that. Could you try removing that and see if the issue persists? 

3 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

My instinct is that it could be Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, seems like the only mod you have that could potentially cause that. Could you try removing that and see if the issue persists? 

Will do!

29 minutes ago, KallangoVerde said:

Hey Benjee!

I saw on a previous page (I don't remember which one) that you plan a Buran in the same style. Will it be a new mod or would it be included here? (curious to see this:D)

It will be included as part of this mod!

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

I’ve had similar issues to this one (maybe not the specific cause), and had the same instinct.

I updated KJR, the same problem presented itself.

I uninstalled KJR, the problem was still there, and my rockets were wet noodles now.

I don’t know the specifics of @Pepethecat’s problem, but I do know when something similar happened to me KJR wasn’t the culprit.

I had this problem too many times and it has nothing to do with KJR. It´s a stock-problem, especially if you have a craft with dockingports and autostrut it to the heaviest part. If this part is changing (dock to a station or decouple the heavy freight) this issue happened to me. That`s the reason why I hate autostruts.

19 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

I had this problem too many times and it has nothing to do with KJR. It´s a stock-problem, especially if you have a craft with dockingports and autostrut it to the heaviest part. If this part is changing (dock to a station or decouple the heavy freight) this issue happened to me. That`s the reason why I hate autostruts.

Oh well Ill have to investigate bit more to make sure.

8 hours ago, Pepethecat said:

Oh well Ill have to investigate bit more to make sure.

The autostrut to heaviest thing might be the answer - I only ever use strut to root or grandparent part because I don’t trust autostrut to heaviest, so I wouldn’t have seen this in testing. 

20 minutes ago, AstroMatthew said:

@benjee10I ask the creators of ckan if they can add 2 more your mod Redircted and SOCK. they said i need to come ask you if you are ok with these two mods being on ckan?

I’m working on my own CKAN integration down the line.

54 minutes ago, finkmac said:

QU0cSRu.png

Any way to fix this, erm... "flaccid" external manipulator?

Lock all the joints in the arm and apply autostrut to the end effector (ideally to root part). You can bind the lock/unlock to action groups to make it easy to unlock and relics it all at once.

On 4/30/2021 at 3:17 PM, benjee10 said:

It will be included as part of this mod!

Will Buran be coming with its own launcher, or will it use another mod (similar to how the shuttle uses parts from reDIRECT)?

Has anyone attempted to write FAR configs for the wings and control surfaces for this shuttle? I tried my hand at it, but they don't seem to be applied correctly. I think the tutorial on the FAR wiki is somewhat out-of-date.