[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

16 minutes ago, Nemoksp said:

I have ksp 3.3.1

Is there a way to solve it or a version of the mod that can help me for ksp 1.3.1?

No. There is no way to get it to work with 1.3.1. I would recommend upgrading to 1.8.1 or higher, but do know that most of your installed mods will break or need to be updated, and your saves will possibly be invalid, too.

Hi, is Anyone else Having Issues with the wheels? They slip off in a random direction when the craft loads on runway. i tested with and without the arm, to no change. then i put stock wheels in and that seemed to have fixed the issue, but they look bad aesthetically. Is there a Workaround for this?

can someone guide me on setting mechjeb for launch guidance in the stock kerbol system, i used the values in the manual howver after engine throttle up post max-q, the shuttle pitches hard over (mutch faster than 0.6 degrees a second) untill it's facing about 10-15degrees nose down, after which i have to perform a bailout abort because the rocket has only reached 15km before doing this and it ends up flying straight into the ocean. I have used the premade craft, with standard forward controll refference and the same staging sequence as listed in the manual.

@x170doom Yes, I've had the same result.  Avoid using the "Primer Vector Guidance" if using Stock and no RSS or 2.5x Kerbin System.  If using the "Standard Gravity Turn" (I think that is the correct name) you should only be able to set your Apoapsis and not your Periapsis.  Makes jettisoning the ET at the right moment a bit more of a challenge, but you can do it.

2 hours ago, sharkrider2187 said:

I am using version 1.10.1

Sorry but I think I can't help further with that.  The last thing I can tell you is to provide a KSP.log so that @benjee10 can check it out and help you with that issue. Good luck ;) 

Edited by computercat04
Added "out".

15 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

@x170doomCorrection: I find that if I use "Classic Ascent Profile", I get better results.

EDIT:  Also, with using the stock planetary system, expect the timings given in the manual to be substantially different than what you end up with.  If I am heading to a 350km orbit with this in stock MECO is usually around 2 minutes or so instead of 4 minutes as mentioned in the manual

Hello there.

I dont know if this is the right place to post my issue.

I just want to build my new shuttle with the cool Olympus S4-Jumbo 5m External Cryogenic tank cause thats exactly the tank from the UserManual, but i cant change to the correct fuel. There is always only Oxidizer, but i need LF+Oxidizer.

Any ideas?

Edited by Drehverschluss

Hi! This pack is AMAZING and I have thoroughly enjoyed building the orbiters and shuttle stack. However, when I go to connect the Modular Launch Pads V2 Shuttle Launch Platform Base, it doesn’t line up with the STS stack. I’ve tried moving it but it won’t line up to the engines without moving away from the center. Is there a way to fix this?

On 7/3/2019 at 4:26 PM, AlphaMensae said:

Yes, the shuttle Mobile Launch Platform, FSS and RSS are in my WIP v2 dev build of Modular Launch Pads, on the Github.

One big note:  It was designed and sized for the Cormorant Aeronology shuttle stack, as SOCK wasn't even a rumor at the time. Getting the whole pad to work with SOCK requires a lot of offset gizmo adjustment, and even then it won't look exactly right, i.e. like it does with the Cormorant shuttle. In a future v2 update, I will add some adjustment options to accomodate SOCK.

How do we move it so it does line up? I’ve been trying for hours and it still won’t line up!

5 hours ago, haygen.w said:

How did you get the Shuttle Launch Platform to line up with the engines?

First: Welcome to the Forum.

Second: Please use the "Edit" instead of several new posts behind each other with the same question. Also: give the community some time to answer your questions.

Workaround: hold shift while useing the offset-tool.

20 hours ago, haygen.w said:

How did you get the Shuttle Launch Platform to line up with the engines?

Yes, need to hold left-shift when dragging the offset gizmo's handles to get 20m of free offset range.

Edit to add: v2.1 of Modular Launch Pads has a rebuilt craft file (KSP 1.8.1) for the SOCK and reDIRECT shuttle stack.  I tested it, and the shuttle launches fine.

Edited by AlphaMensae

I have found a weird thing with the airlock part when the Interior Overlay is used, a second cutout of the airlock appears off to the right and rotated which makes it look like a hole in space

https://imgur.com/a/uBX1Z9z

Also the Shuttle pack seems to work fine in 1.11 my only suggestion would be to make the power data grapple fixture storable in the containers so we can tack them onto stuff on orbit

• 2 weeks later...