[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

18 minutes ago, Rafael1023 said:

Hey I did download with 1.10 and there is missing left wing for shuttle.

You need B9 Part Switch installed. That will allow you to flip the orientation of the wing and control surfaces. 

Just now, Soviet_Velir said:

Hey! My question may sound unethical and annoying, but when, approximately, will the Planetside update be released and "Buran" will be added to SOCK? Sorry for this question ..

No estimate currently. I don't currently have any time outside of work to work on KSP, so it is dependent on that. Buran is quite a big job so even when I am able to work on it it will take a little while, just to set expectations. 

Just now, benjee10 said:

В настоящее время нет оценок. В настоящее время у меня нет свободного времени для работы над KSP, так что это зависит от этого. «Буран» - довольно большая работа, поэтому, даже когда я смогу над ней поработать, потребуется некоторое время, просто чтобы оправдать ожидания. 

I see, then it remains to wait! Thank you for such a quick response, good luck with your case and mod!

On 5/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, benjee10 said:

No estimate currently. I don't currently have any time outside of work to work on KSP, so it is dependent on that. Buran is quite a big job so even when I am able to work on it it will take a little while, just to set expectations. 

when we get buran, will it be compatible with the tantares energija?

Hi,

I need some help as I have really been wanting to get this mod for my game however when I insert it into the game data folder and start the game the parts do not show up. I have my game on the latest version and have been looking for tutorials and other forms of help with the download of this but to no avail. So I am here looking for some guidance on being able to download this mod and pair it with reDirect which is working for me. If anyone is able to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Hi,

I need some help as I have really been wanting to get this mod for my game however when I insert it into the game data folder and start the game the parts do not show up. I have my game on the latest version and have been looking for tutorials and other forms of help with the download of this but to no avail. So I am here looking for some guidance on being able to download this mod and pair it with reDirect which is working for me. If anyone is able to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Best to post a screenshot of your GameData Folder... most times it is some wrong copying.

15 hours ago, Pepethecat said:

I have a problem that one of the rudders on the split rudder moves faster then the other which ends in em clipping alot.

There are a few mods that cause it to do that. AECS motion suppressor is one that I remember off the top of my head. Look for mods that alter ModuleControlSurface. The way most Module Manager patches are written will only affect the first instance of a module on a part, and since the split rudder has two of them, most patches ignore the second one. This leads to the two control surfaces having different response speeds, hence the clipping.

21 hours ago, Razgriz1 said:

There are a few mods that cause it to do that. AECS motion suppressor is one that I remember off the top of my head. Look for mods that alter ModuleControlSurface. The way most Module Manager patches are written will only affect the first instance of a module on a part, and since the split rudder has two of them, most patches ignore the second one. This leads to the two control surfaces having different response speeds, hence the clipping.

Im not sure where to start to find the mod thats causing the issue to be honest.

1 hour ago, Pepethecat said:

Im not sure where to start to find the mod thats causing the issue to be honest.

You can bisect. Split your mods 50:50 continue in the half where you still have the error and repeat that until you can identify the error mod.

3 hours ago, Pepethecat said:

If you post your modlist/gamedata folder I may be able to help narrow down the ones that are likely to do it.

12 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Does anyone actually have an idea or plan on how to land at a specific point on Kerbin in JNSQ?

E.g., starting from 100k, target KSC with Periapsis of X, then enter angle of Y, etc.? Something to at least come close where you want to land?

Try the Trajectories mods.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Try the Trajectories mods.

Yeah, have that. But even putting the cross directly on the KSC won't end up in hitting it. It seems there are other factors as well (e.g., how long you glide or how steep you brake in the atmosphere) that influence where you end up. Hence a sort of plan would be helpful to test and practice.

So probably better question is, on how to make landing repeatable at the same spot.

Edited by chris-kerbal

3 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Yeah, have that. But even putting the cross directly on the KSC won't end up in hitting it. It seems there are other factors as well (e.g., how long you glide or how steep you brake in the atmosphere) that influence where you end up. Hence a sort of plan would be helpful to test and practice.

Trajectories also does not take into account roll angle, so you can't use it to plan out crossrange at all.

I have been kind of working on a reentry script using kOS for the shuttle in JNSQ. I initially target a reentry orbit such that the apoapsis is at roughly 350km, with a 45 km periapsis directly over KSC (or its projection onto the orbital plane for an inclined orbit) and then hold 40 degrees until the aerodynamics force the nose down. However this profile also assumes a roll angle of 20 degrees with roll reversals, as I was trying to figure out how to work in crossrange control as well. This is also a much shallower reentry than the typical one in order to take advantage of that crossrange capability, so be warned this isn't a "One Size Fits All" trajectory without some sort of feedback control and is much more sensitive to vehicle mass than a steeper 

If you're interested in taking a look at or trying my script for yourself, its located here: https://github.com/Jakathan/shuttle-guidance

I haven't had too much time to work on it lately, but it's at least in a semi-usable state. Note that the currently used variables are for a FAR atmosphere/body lift config, but I left the values that worked for stock in there, you'd just need to read through and replace the FAR variables with those.

19 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

So probably better question is, on how to make landing repeatable at the same spot.

Just trial and error sadly, I had it down on stock Kerbin but I know switched to JNSQ.

Spoiler

screenshot71_-_Copy.png

I just want to say, beautiful mod! I adore shuttles and SOCK is a great shuttle mod. everything works so well, especially on JNSQ, while looking beautiful. Looking forward to the Buran, the other Buran mods are great, but they kinda contrast with the style of ReStock and SOCK imo. Also I know 'Columbia' here is in an incorrect configuration (both in docking position and wing/tail style) for Shuttle-Skylab, I just prefer it like this.