[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

On 12/5/2021 at 12:24 AM, Entr8899 said:

I think it might be dead, given KSP 2 will be releasing soon, so everyone will focus on that.

No it isn't Benjee10 has a habit of not telling anyone what he's working on then abruptly dropping a mod. That's what has happened with all of them this year. Currently I do believe he is working on a Habtech 2 revamp, ReDirect revamp, and possibly Buran.

15 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

That's the thing, I am already doing that but the thing is, scaling them to fit it inside the payload bay WITHOUT clipping them into it results into them being to small, and scaling them to the right size results in them fitting perfectly but WITH clipping through the bottom of the payload bay.. Besides that, those payload utilities are made for the default payload bay after all. And being me I'm very much a perfectionist with this game and can get very irritated when certain designs or kitbashes don't look right  (°ー°〃)

ho2OmPJ.png

tVdmJvY.png

And being me I'm very much a perfectionist with this game and can get very irritated when certain designs or kitbashes don't look right  (°ー°〃) -------- i know what you mean, but there is no better solution or you make a new mod ;)

4 hours ago, YourAgony said:

ho2OmPJ.png

tVdmJvY.png

And being me I'm very much a perfectionist with this game and can get very irritated when certain designs or kitbashes don't look right  (°ー°〃) -------- i know what you mean, but there is no better solution or you make a new mod ;)

I mean you re right, I don't really see a better solution either. The thing is, I would love to make a payload mod that would fit perfectly with SOCK but I don't have time to make something that is (for my skill level) that complex, and I am already busy making a parts mod in my free time just to get familiar with modeling

I have returned to the thread with another issue,

https://imgur.com/a/f6eZfNF

Recently I have started using the SOCK in Realism Overhaul. When I got all the mods working I noticed that I get a really wimpy solid rocket plume as seen in the image link. Even when I'm still on the pad and the engines are off this same plume shows up and it has been bugging me. I have waterfall, real plume, and smokescreen so I don't know why the solid's are acting like this. Is there a config that can fix this or is something else off?

Thank you

Also I was wondering if anyone has a special procedure that they could share when deorbiting the shuttle for landing at Kennedy. 

22 hours ago, MikeD said:

Recently I have started using the SOCK in Realism Overhaul.

You probably don't want to do this.

22 hours ago, MikeD said:

special procedure that they could share when deorbiting the shuttle

Because after you deorbit--no matter how well you deorbit--something between FAR and SOCK defecates in the petunias.  (It's a limitation of FAR regarding non-node attached wings--thanks for asking!)
So you're just going to tumble out of control and be disappointed. Every time.

Seems I'm out of the loop.

Edited by slaintemaith

9 hours ago, MikeD said:

Also I was wondering if anyone has a special procedure that they could share when deorbiting the shuttle for landing at Kennedy.

This guy has made a pretty good start with a kOS script that can control the reentry portion.

I have the beginnings of a kOS script to actually perform the deorbit burn, though it is far from complete and currently built to more of 2.5x scale than RSS, but all it should need is tweaking of the reentry parameters to tune it to RSS scale. Sadly I have not been able to work on it much. Real life, and all that... I'm more than happy to accept suggestions/criticisms though!

5 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

You probably don't want to do this.

There are actually decent SOCK RSS configs included in the newest version of Realism Overhaul now. The only thing that isn't handled well is the split-rudder airbrake. FAR is not able to handle multiple aero surfaces as a single part, but it is good enough for reentry now. I would actually like to adapt these to stock-scale configs, but again, I've been too busy to tackle it yet.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:52 AM, Razgriz1 said:

Are you sure?  These don't seem to fit very well.  And there's no functional OMS engines.  The AJ-10s that are available seem to require a form of high pressure tank that the high pressure OMS tanks do not provide.

Does Kerbalism break all of it?
What mods am I missing that'll make this work?

fEXNMGW.png

Edited by slaintemaith

2 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

Are you sure?  These don't seem to fit very well.  And there's no functional OMS engines.  The AJ-10's that are available seem to require a form of high pressure tank that the high pressure OMS tanks do not provide.

I havent actually tried it out myself yet, I just saw that it got added into the RO release, so I'm not sure.

Amazing Mod But

I was Doing a Docking between a shuttle and an orion (Redirect) I had docked them Didnt like the angle of the Orion next to the shuttle so i undock to spin the Orion And redock the claps Disconeced with some force to i had to do the whole docking process again but the FWD/BACK RCS stoped working for no apparent reason the other ones do work

2 hours ago, BlackDinoShadows said:

What is the mod for this payload bay i don't find it in SOCK (i found the image up  . Î ) tVdmJvY.png

Cormorant Aeronology

Still works with latest KSP but you must install the latest version of Firespitter - read the last few pages of that thread for details.

2 hours ago, tinyspy44 said:

Is it possible to get HabTech Robotics standalone or do I just install this and take it out of the file?

Yes, it is possible. You can delete all other folders and leave htRobotics in GameData.

Edited by Cheesecake

On 10/22/2021 at 8:36 PM, Entr8899 said:

Impossible how? Are you making sure the petals are aligned properly, and that both docking ports are retracted?

Like I don't understand how to dock the shuttle, when i dock other spacecraft i control from the docking port however it impossible to do it on the shuttle.

If i control from the cockpit then it messes up the distance to intercept

Is there a video?

Edited by Adamh

You might need to set up the RCS thrusters to only fire in certain ways. The manual listed in the first post tells you which RCS groups to set to which axes. That makes the shuttle a lot more controllable in orbit. I would also recommend using DPAI or a similar mod to help you line yourself up.

20 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

You might need to set up the RCS thrusters to only fire in certain ways. The manual listed in the first post tells you which RCS groups to set to which axes. That makes the shuttle a lot more controllable in orbit. I would also recommend using DPAI or a similar mod to help you line yourself up.

Okay so i have done lots of flights trying to figure out the docking but im finding it quite hard / near to impossible. if anyone can spare some time and help me i would really be thankful, my discord is Jack Lee#7771

• 2 weeks later...