[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

32 minutes ago, Tundra said:

I also did rescale  all the parts up to 1.75 so the payload bay would be bigger

Are you using RSS/RO, or some other scaled up system?

Why did you rescale the parts?

I am guessing that is the source of your problems...

14 hours ago, Tundra said:

I needed/wanted to transport a big object into space using a shuttle, so I just rescaled it.

I think scaling up is the problem because the parts are bigger but not the shielding. As far as I know the shielding is made in Unity, not in cfg. So scaling up shuttleparts is very complicated.

On 3/5/2022 at 4:06 PM, Tundra said:

Another problem, I seem to be experiencing drag inside the shuttle bay resulting in me not being able to retain any speed.   I know the shuttle was  HORRIBLE glider, but I cant even get past 125 m/s going straight down with the OMS firing.    

Get FAR (Ferram Aerospace Research) it completely reworks the aero system to be less reliant on nodes and occluded nodes.

On 2/27/2022 at 9:57 AM, benjee10 said:

No plans for this I'm afraid as the amount of new texturing required would be immense, but here's an interesting fact - the concept artist for For All Mankind used a screenshot of SOCK as part of the concept work for Pathfinder:

Pathfinder_200206_WIP_DS.jpg?format=2500

Look carefully at the front section, the tile layout matches this screenshot exactly:

udm21kf3exr21.jpg

Holy hell, that is absolutely ridiculous. You should sue them! I remember coming across a similar situation to that years ago, some nutjob conspiracy blog used very old screenshots of Tantares to support some bogus theory about Salyut 7.

7 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

I remember coming across a similar situation to that years ago, some nutjob conspiracy blog used very old screenshots of Tantares to support some bogus theory about Salyut 7.

(Off topic)

Really? I'd love to know more!

On 4/15/2021 at 8:43 PM, benjee10 said:

SOCK includes a patch that changes the mass of the stock SSME to 1.2t (which is more inline with reality, the stock versions are way too heavy to balance their much better performance compared to other engines in that size class). It's possible that if you are using another mod's SSME or have mods that patch the SSME after SOCK does, you could be using engines which are too heavy and affecting the CoM. I am looking into adjusting the patch so that it applies after all others to ensure that the CoM is always correct. 

How Heavy can the engines be before it throws the CoM out? is 2t still too heavy? 

On 1/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, Doc Shaftoe said:

With @benjee10's permission, I've started working on a MAS-compatible IVA for S.O.C.K. This is a very WIP image of the progress so far.

t8ekvgP.png

I had to alter the control panel and glare shield mesh to make things fit. The dimensions still aren't perfect, but everything fits now! It won't be 100% accurate, but I think it'll be close enough. I'm working on setting up shuttle-specific versions of existing MAS/ASET props for more accurate labels and uniform text sizing. Right now my priority is getting the gauges, buttons, and switches set up on the forward control panel and center console. It's getting there!

Oooh I love it, Cant wait for it to be finished. Keep up the amazing work

17 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Holy hell, that is absolutely ridiculous. You should sue them! I remember coming across a similar situation to that years ago, some nutjob conspiracy blog used very old screenshots of Tantares to support some bogus theory about Salyut 7.

I mean, it wasn't with malintent. also it would be too hard to sue over 1 picture.

On 3/5/2022 at 5:17 AM, Cheesecake said:

@Tundra@lemon cup That`s not problem with TweakScale or SOCK. It is a problem of KSP-Recall and Subassemblies. Looking here:

<…>

The newest KSP-Recall has a fix but it works only for newer Subassemblies which are made after this fix.

I found a workaround!!! :)

Install CraftManager, and then use it to load the SubAssemblies as they were ordinary crafts! 

157281034-ded72f5a-e653-46a4-bcc2-a410cc

(Loading crafts works fine, it's the SubAssemblies the problem)

Just load the SubAssembly as it was a Craft, and then drag and drop it into a new SubAssembly! :)

Cheers!

On 3/6/2022 at 9:55 PM, PokeWasTaken said:

Get FAR (Ferram Aerospace Research) it completely reworks the aero system to be less reliant on nodes and occluded nodes.

I've, even recently, had *very* bad luck with SOCK and FAR.  To the point where I think they still don't play well together, even though I updated to the most recent version of both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vieju17 said:

Hi! This is one hell of an amazing mod! Really enjoying it. However, I wanted to ask about the state of the Canadarm2, is it usable in some way??

what do you mean by Canadarm2, currently its not in HT robotics or sock

9 hours ago, PokeWasTaken said:

what do you mean by Canadarm2, currently its not in HT robotics or sock

I mean it was planned… If you go to the parts folder of htRobotics you can see there are parts for the Kerboarm2, but they do not have textures. I just wanted to know if it was completely abandoned or if there was intention of finishing it

8 hours ago, vieju17 said:

I mean it was planned… If you go to the parts folder of htRobotics you can see there are parts for the Kerboarm2, but they do not have textures. I just wanted to know if it was completely abandoned or if there was intention of finishing it

what I did for my ISS is I just took canadarm 1 and added some extra joints to simulate the increased mobility of the real canadarm and also added a grapple at the other end too.