[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

I'm kind-of-sort-of working on one right now. I've been very busy since February, so I haven't had the time or energy to make any meaningful progress. It's getting there but it's going to be slow going. Best I can say is that it'll be ready when it's ready. Hopefully that's before KSP2 launches, but I promise I'll see at least the analogue cockpit finished.

3 hours ago, Jovzin said:

What is the difference for the control mode Forward vs - 15 degrees ?

It changes the control point to be more aligned with the thrust vector from the SSME's and the OMS. It is useful for controlling the vehicle after booster separation up until reentry.

43 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Is this mod "feature complete" or are you planning on adding anything additional?

I’d call it feature complete in that I’ve covered the scope of what I was originally planning. There are certainly things I’d like to add if and when I have the time, but don’t count on it!

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

I’d call it feature complete in that I’ve covered the scope of what I was originally planning. There are certainly things I’d like to add if and when I have the time, but don’t count on it!

Like Buran and Spacehab? :p :p 

hi benjee im lucalis, i want to make an buran aft-tank (using as a base the shuttle aft-tank), to use with your mod as an extra part to be able to make the buran with your mod, i want to ask if there is some problem on doing it?

Edit: i have the model already done

Edited by LucalisIndustries

12 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Those winglets look amazing. Wow!

Oh yeah. Clever trick too. Make a bunch of thin wing parts stacked on top of each other and then rotate them sequentially to get a clean bend, and then just translate them into each other to close the gaps. 

14 hours ago, soyuz 33 said:

Yeah Its planned but i think its going to be a While 

On 4/21/2022 at 1:36 AM, LucalisIndustries said:

hi benjee im lucalis, i want to make an buran aft-tank (using as a base the shuttle aft-tank), to use with your mod as an extra part to be able to make the buran with your mod, i want to ask if there is some problem on doing it?

The buran parts are still in development. Just be patient and wait for Benjee10 to finish them.

11 hours ago, soyuz 33 said:

Thats why i said it will be a while because it takes time

And that's why I said be patient.

16 minutes ago, LucalisIndustries said:

yes, i know, but im asking to use a "lite vertion" meanwile, for my own use

There wouldn't be any problem if it's for your own personal use.

On 4/21/2022 at 1:36 AM, LucalisIndustries said:

So to clarify you are welcome to make a part that fits with SOCK & release it however you please, so long as that part doesn't make use of models or textures from SOCK itself. So if you wanted to make your own Buran aft section that works with SOCK that is no problem.

However, you may want to hold fire:

screenshot127.png

There is still a lot to be done on Buran but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. The entire rest of the orbiter needs new textures to fit with the fully-tiled Buran look, and I need to make a new set of front landing gear & a variant of the cargo bay to fit it (Buran's landing gear are on the cargo bay rather than the nose). 

I'm wondering if people's preference would be for me to release the parts as they are finished (e.g. release just the aft section) or to wait until the whole craft is done. 

4 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

So to clarify you are welcome to make a part that fits with SOCK & release it however you please, so long as that part doesn't make use of models or textures from SOCK itself. So if you wanted to make your own Buran aft section that works with SOCK that is no problem.

screenshot127.png

There is still a lot to be done on Buran but I'm hoping to get back to it soon. The entire rest of the orbiter needs new textures to fit with the fully-tiled Buran look, and I need to make a new set of front landing gear & a variant of the cargo bay to fit it (Buran's landing gear are on the cargo bay rather than the nose). 

I'm wondering if people's preference would be for me to release the parts as they are finished (e.g. release just the aft section) or to wait until the whole craft is done. 

I mean its up to you but it would be nice if you released parts as they were finished on github then fully release on spacedock but its up to you 

And Oh my god Buran looks So nice

45 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

screenshot127.png

I'd say as they're done, but thats only because I'm an impatient sort of person like that lol.

4 hours ago, benjee10 said:

screenshot127.png

Due to your time constraints, releasing a part into Beta for us to break would be very appreciated.  Then we can give you a ton of compliments and boost your motivation! \o/

Welcome to page 51!

Edited by MashAndBangers