[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

7 hours ago, Socowez said:

It appears that random parts in benjee10_sharedAssets glitch out the game when you try to attach them to your craft. You can't change scene, open PAWs, launch, load a vehicle, or interact with your craft in the VAB at all. I checked the Github issues page and this wasn't reported. Is there a bandaid fix to this, or is it not compatible with 1.12.3?

The issue is usually you have the part twice and the game kinda just stops. I highly suggest you only install one version of his shared assets to stop that from happening

on the latest update (1.12.3) if i place the OAMS or viking orbital engine it dosent place it also makes it so i cant place anything else or leave the sph or game i get softlocked. please help because this makes it unusable in normal play

1 hour ago, RiccRacc said:

on the latest update (1.12.3) if i place the OAMS or viking orbital engine it dosent place it also makes it so i cant place anything else or leave the sph or game i get softlocked. please help because this makes it unusable in normal play

Update this: https://github.com/benjee10/Benjee10_sharedAssets

Also, welcome to the forums :)

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

1 hour ago, RiccRacc said:

Unfortunately this Did not work I still have the issue and it keeps soft locking any other ideas please help. works fine on 1.10 but 1.12 and it doesn't work this is a fresh install with the Space dock version of SOCK

Spacedock isn't as reliable as GitHub. Click the link for the github page ( https://github.com/benjee10/Benjee10_sharedAssets ), then click on the green "Code" button in the top right. in the dropdown, click "Download ZIP". that should give you the latest version possible, and you will have the best chance of solving the issue on the latest version of KSP. I have this same issue with the androgynous docking port too. 

EDIT: delete the old "Benjee10_sharedAssets" file in GameData before installing the new one. If you don't, things have a tendency to break.

Edited by Socowez
clarification

2 hours ago, Socowez said:

Spacedock isn't as reliable as GitHub. Click the link for the github page ( https://github.com/benjee10/Benjee10_sharedAssets ), then click on the green "Code" button in the top right. in the dropdown, click "Download ZIP". that should give you the latest version possible, and you will have the best chance of solving the issue on the latest version of KSP. I have this same issue with the androgynous docking port too. 

EDIT: delete the old "Benjee10_sharedAssets" file in GameData before installing the new one. If you don't, things have a tendency to break.

okay ive downloaded the shared assets from github but i didnt delete previous version. and also i got SOCK from spacedock. ill try reinstalling those mods with github and ill let youu knoow

4 hours ago, Socowez said:

Hey Update Its working fine now thank you so much

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Is there a build guide? I can't seem to make one with enough Dv for orbit.

Read the manual. It has descriptions of all the parts and instructions for some of them. Read everything. Seriously, read it, and pay particular attention to the shuttle nose and tail RCS instructions, as well as the flight information. The tank and SRBs are from reDIRECT. The SSMEs can be substituted with the ones from Rocket Motor Menagerie and the SRBs can be substituted with Photon Corp SRBs if you so desire. Both of those substitutions will afford you extra options that aren't available otherwise.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:21 PM, obnox twin said:

I am wondering is IR better than Breaking ground robotic parts as I want to use the Kerbolarm without kraken saying hello

BG is fine until physics warp. During reentry, for example, when using physics warp, the arm flails up and down, phasing through the payload bay (with same vessel interaction off). If IR can prevent that it has my vote

So, I absolutely suck at docking.  Generally I'll use MechJeb as the SmartASS and docking autopilot are awesome.  But I've come across a problem.  Neither I nor MechJeb can Z-translate up to dock.  And after a few moments of RCS usage, the RCS no longer fires at all.  Ideas?

6 hours ago, skygunner58203 said:

So, I absolutely suck at docking.  Generally I'll use MechJeb as the SmartASS and docking autopilot are awesome.  But I've come across a problem.  Neither I nor MechJeb can Z-translate up to dock.  And after a few moments of RCS usage, the RCS no longer fires at all.  Ideas?

Are you using the Smart RCS feature as well?  It's great for station-keeping, but will cancel out any translation attempts because it's designed to  hold position.  It used to glitch out every now and then.  Anyway, you want to make sure SmartRCS is disabled before docking attempts.
At a first glance this is all I can figure would be wrong.

7 hours ago, Fabled_Mike said:

Is SOCK and redirect compatible with waterfall?

SOCK and benjee10_sharedAssets are, but reDIRECT is not. To get around this, use PhotonCorp for the SRBs (or use SRB waterfall effects mod for waterfall on the SRBs), and use Rocket Motor Menagerie for the SSMEs, the main engines. There’s an extra in the RMM download to resize the Cotopaxi engine to use with SOCK.

8 hours ago, skygunner58203 said:

If you are using one of the provided shuttle craft files and controlling from the docking port then the RCS actuation toggles will not be correctly assigned. They are configured assuming the cockpit as the command point, so controlling from any other part will result in some axes not having RCS thrusters assigned. You can fix this by manually changing the actuation toggles, or by enabling all axes on all RCS modules. 

4 hours ago, benjee10 said:

If you are using one of the provided shuttle craft files and controlling from the docking port then the RCS actuation toggles will not be correctly assigned. They are configured assuming the cockpit as the command point, so controlling from any other part will result in some axes not having RCS thrusters assigned. You can fix this by manually changing the actuation toggles, or by enabling all axes on all RCS modules. 

Holy crap, how did I not notice this?!   Thank you!  I needed to modify the shuttle with another reaction wheel or two to make it move to my liking, but I can dock now.  Thanks again!

For those who have various control issues, might I recommend Dynamic Deflection. I installed it and it actually makes it so my shuttle can roll heads up with the SSMEs. The description explains what this mod is meant to do better than I could.

Keep in mind that I do not know how well this will behave with FAR, as SOCK doesn't like FAR at the moment, so I don't use it.

AMAZING mod! The models and textures are so detailed, and it looks so good! One question: are there any future plans for SOCK, Such as things like Buran or FAMK Pathfinder parts? I've seen plenty of Buran mods, but I've yet to see a Pathfinder shuttle parts mod. Maybe it could be a separate mod, I'm not sure. But I'd love to see it in KSP.

2 hours ago, isdi0 said:

AMAZING mod! The models and textures are so detailed, and it looks so good! One question: are there any future plans for SOCK, Such as things like Buran or FAMK Pathfinder parts? I've seen plenty of Buran mods, but I've yet to see a Pathfinder shuttle parts mod. Maybe it could be a separate mod, I'm not sure. But I'd love to see it in KSP.

The artist who made the graphics for Pathfinder used a screenshot of this mod as reference, or something...