[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

45 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

I don't actually use CameraTools that much. For these shots, I paused the game and hit F2 to hide the GUI in pause, then held down Alt while scrolling to set the FOV.

Believe it or not, this is a game changer. Did not know alt could be used for camera movement.

2 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

Hey @benjee10(sorry for another ping), but is there a way to offset a longer shuttle name so it doesn't get cut off at the ends?

ImageImage

IIRC there isn't a way to do it in-game, but if you're in GIMP/Photoshop, you can just shrink the word slightly to get it to fit. Either change the text size or apply it as an image and scale it. 

On 7/19/2022 at 2:47 AM, Razgriz1 said:

Realism Overhaul does actually have SOCK configs, and you can manually define the wing parameters to get around the issue with node-attached wings. The rudder is not configurable with FAR because it cannot handle multiple control surfaces in a single part. All that being said, I've never flown it in RSS/RO so I can't comment on how good the configs actually are. The Space Shuttle System Expanded mod is supposed to be a lot better for RSS/RO.

Ohh that IVA for the Space Shuttle System Expanded Mod is nice 

Edited by xD-FireStriker

I am having one hell of a problem with this mod, I have reinstalled my ENTIRE game about 3 times now, cleared all mods and just installed this on vanilla 1.12.3.  And STILL this issue persists.  All of the nameplates are blacked out, all decals are giant red or black squares, I have tried everything, installing custom ones, editing images and saving new ones, absolutely nothing works, and this is clearly happening on a vanilla game, only have this mod installed right now.  Why are the decal files saved as DDS files when it says in your install guide they are PNG's?  This is not another mod causing a problem, this is a problem in the mod, I can find absolutely nothing about it online.

https://imgur.com/a/QeprPyD

Edited by Melluns
Adding Photo

@Melluns It looks like your problem is being caused by whatever mod you're using to apply TU shaders to parts. If you're dead-set on having a glossy shuttle, you might be able to bypass this by using conformal decals instead of the name and decal variants included on SOCK parts. My recommendation would be to avoid any of the mods that apply TU shaders universally because they tend to cause problems like this.

4 minutes ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

@Melluns It looks like your problem is being caused by whatever mod you're using to apply TU shaders to parts. If you're dead-set on having a glossy shuttle, you might be able to bypass this by using conformal decals instead of the name and decal variants included on SOCK parts. My recommendation would be to avoid any of the mods that apply TU shaders universally because they tend to cause problems like this.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had that narrowed down, any known compatibility issues with  this and BDDB?

BTW: If anyone else has this problem, the culprit was a suggested texture replacement mod that is suggested with JNSQ.  So do not install that option if you  want  to use SOCK.

Edited by Melluns

1 hour ago, Melluns said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had that narrowed down, any known compatibility issues with  this and BDDB?

BTW: If anyone else has this problem, the culprit was a suggested texture replacement mod that is suggested with JNSQ.  So do not install that option if you  want  to use SOCK.

Check your TU configs and comment out the affected parts or check if your config excludes the "flags" ("excludeMesh = flagTransform", " excludeMesh = Flag")

@Melluns SOCK doesn't have any compatibility problems with BDB, and I use them together all the time. If anything they compliment each other quite nicely! There's also a great payload delivery systems mod that adds a shuttle payload bay adapter for the BDB IUS and Centaur. I'm pretty sure it's called Shuttle Payload Deliver Systems? There's also a beautiful looking shuttle derived launchers mod in development that's going to add an external tank that's at the same art standard as BDB, SOCK, and Benjee's gorgeous new Artemis Construction Kit.

Talking about shuttle names, any ideas for one? I have seven and want an eighth:

Endurance, Pathfinder (already in the mod lol), Perseverance, Opportunity, Inspiration, Resilience, and Curiosity

26 minutes ago, Emilius73 said:

Talking about shuttle names, any ideas for one? I have seven and want an eighth:

Endurance, Pathfinder (already in the mod lol), Perseverance, Opportunity, Inspiration, Resilience, and Curiosity

Endeavor, Enterprise, Discovery, Atlantis, Beside the real ones I named mine Stargazer, Triton,  Xyphos, Vanguard, Pioneer, Delphos, Athena, Argos, and Hekate, that's all I remember

On 10/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, Emilius73 said:

Adventure.

Promise. 

Unity. 

Ingenuity. 

And if you want some more military themed names:

Grissom
Hyperion
Samurai
Ambition

On 10/9/2022 at 11:06 PM, Emilius73 said:

Beagle, Renown, Courageous, Argonaut, Eagle, Falcon, Magellan, Einstein, Newton, Scott, Shackleton, Von Braun, Franklin, Erebus, Goddard

On 10/10/2022 at 9:42 PM, G'th said:

Adventure.

Promise. 

Unity. 

Ingenuity. 

And if you want some more military themed names:

Grissom
Hyperion
Samurai
Ambition

Thank you! Will use these when the Pathfinder shuttle mod drops.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:43 PM, Cdodders said:

Beagle, Renown, Courageous, Argonaut, Eagle, Falcon, Magellan, Einstein, Newton, Scott, Shackleton, Von Braun, Franklin, Erebus, Goddard

These as well!

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, AveSanya said:

Hi, could you tell me how to use the manipulator?

Thats the fun part you don't. The Manipulator uses you not the other way around :D.

Jokes aside it uses Infernal Robotics Next(if you have it installed) or the stock Robotic System (if you have Breaking ground) and works how all the other robotic parts from the respective systems work. One tip someone in here gave me was to try and pre calculate the angles in the SPH before you launch.
If you are talking about building it, the manual has a really good diagram on how to build it 

Other then that, Good Luck We're all counting on you :wink:.

Edited by xD-FireStriker

• 2 weeks later...

Did the PVG settings change with an update? I cannot get the shuttle into orbit using RSS and PVG, no matter what I try. I've used both the provided craft file as well as building my own per the manual and PVG keeps giving thrust is off errors as I approach SRB burnout and pitches up rather than continuing to turn. I have tried to replicate the profile manually as well and there just doesn't seem to be enough deltaV to get it into orbit. I'm obviously missing something but I can't figure out what. 

2 hours ago, halverson said:

Did the PVG settings change with an update? I cannot get the shuttle into orbit using RSS and PVG, no matter what I try. I've used both the provided craft file as well as building my own per the manual and PVG keeps giving thrust is off errors as I approach SRB burnout and pitches up rather than continuing to turn. I have tried to replicate the profile manually as well and there just doesn't seem to be enough deltaV to get it into orbit. I'm obviously missing something but I can't figure out what. 

The RSS/RO group is responsible for the RSS configs for this, not Benjee.

As for the "Thrust is off" errors, that's due to the fact that the RSS configs simulate the tail-off in thrust that occurs toward the end of booster burn, but MechJeb doesn't know about that. It assumes solid boosters burn at 100% thrust all the time. As for what you could do about it, you can force MechJeb to wait to start the PVG until after the boosters separate ("PVG after stage X", or something similar)

The PVG settings in the user manual are also designed for stock-ish sized systems, and the stock shuttle. RSS will likely require different settings to work correctly.

7 hours ago, Razgriz1 said:

The RSS/RO group is responsible for the RSS configs for this, not Benjee.

As for the "Thrust is off" errors, that's due to the fact that the RSS configs simulate the tail-off in thrust that occurs toward the end of booster burn, but MechJeb doesn't know about that. It assumes solid boosters burn at 100% thrust all the time. As for what you could do about it, you can force MechJeb to wait to start the PVG until after the boosters separate ("PVG after stage X", or something similar)

The PVG settings in the user manual are also designed for stock-ish sized systems, and the stock shuttle. RSS will likely require different settings to work correctly.

Is that also an issue with proton corp srbs that tail off towards the end of burn? 

1 hour ago, SpaceCube2000 said:

Would it be possible for this mod to be added to CKAN again?

Apparently CKAN lists it to be incompatible with 1.12.4.

There's a red stop sign at the right trying to draw your attention to one of the dependencies:

6OMKDR4.png

You can choose to mark more versions compatible if you are confident they are:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

Hullo, I recently returned to KSP and immediately jumped into this absolutely amazing mod.

I'm currently on 2.5 scale kerbin system and using mechjeb since my piloting skills aren't very good.

All seems perfectly nominal during the approach and I can reach pretty much any orbit I desire.

However, I have a little issue with switching to control point -15 just after SRB jettison - as per manual. Mechjeb is commanding immense lateral and horizontal corrections which cause serious instability. Without swithing the control point I can reach the orbit just fine. I am just curious if I am making some mistake in my mechjeb PVG setup or maybe something else is causing this?

Have any of you guys ever experienced this?