[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

hyIRMM0.png

vs:

4E6nQoB.jpg

Part of it is perspective being a little different and the fact that the picture of the real truss has the big mounting bracket, but I think you can see the boom is too long.  It certainly doesn't fit into the shuttle bay without clipping really bad.

12 minutes ago, Kurld said:

hyIRMM0.png

vs:

4E6nQoB.jpg

Part of it is perspective being a little different and the fact that the picture of the real truss has the big mounting bracket, but I think you can see the boom is too long.  It certainly doesn't fit into the shuttle bay without clipping really bad.

Hmm, it is close enough that I don't really want to use rescale factor to adjust it and break everyone's existing craft. I know it's not in a public release yet but it's been on the dev build for a long time. There's also a really bad bug with stock robotics and rescale factor which propagates the rescale factor onto anything attached to it on scene load. Community fixes addresses that but can't expect everyone to have it. 

I just checked and in the retracted state I am able to fit Z1 + plus the boom into the payload bay just fine by offsetting it up a couple of clicks. Trunnion pins don't line up, but at this stage I am not going to go into the model and change it (and I'm pretty sure the trunnion pins don't line up on a lot of the parts, they are just decorative really). 

That's fine; I understand your reasoning, for sure.  I'll make it work, I'm sure.

Good to know about rescaleFactor, though the way I tried to sort it was changing scale in the model node. Is that essentially the same thing?  One thing I noticed is that the node2 on the boom did not move at all, so that approach won't work, anyway.

I am not a massive shuttle user, but with all the mod attention lately I took a dive into getting one to work. This is my WIP for what works for me in both JNSQ and KSRSS. It's using the ORANGES ET, BOLE SRBs from ACK, and I'm still using the Rainstorms (from a minimized reDirect), as the engine from RMM still doesn't fit right for me, even with the recent resize.

Anyway, this baby executes a perfect PVG ascent to 130km x 130km with a little margin. I'm doing pretty much all the liftoff/ascent staging via SmartParts. 

kU5Fxvq.jpg

856W53p.png

14 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know the correct staging order for the shuttle stack with MLP?

Crew arm > beanie cap > intertank access arm > ROFIs (the tail service mast "Activate Engine") > everything else. Smartparts and AGX can be used to make a timed GLS and RSLS.

20 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Crew arm > beanie cap > intertank access arm > ROFIs (the tail service mast "Activate Engine") > everything else. Smartparts and AGX can be used to make a timed GLS and RSLS.

Hi,

I meant the staging order, not the action groups.

12 hours ago, CirrusUpdraft said:

I've got a question: Will the craft files that were bundled with the previous updates receive updates when update 1.2.0 is released fully? As currently, with the newly updated shared assets they cannot be loaded in due to the old AJ-10 engine and CMB-100 being fully removed

Yes, the craft files will be updated. 

8 hours ago, Brokeast said:

Name decals appear glitched on the orbiter, this occurs both in the VAB and when launching. Does anyone know a solution to this?

This is caused by using a TU config like Magpie that applies TU shaders to all parts indiscriminately. 

5 hours ago, QueenElizabeth1940 said:

I know its a funny question, but will there ever be a version of the user manual with the DOD payload section unredacted or is it just sort of a little nod to the Space Shuttles DOD payload options?

That is classified information I'm afraid. 

19 hours ago, CirrusUpdraft said:

I've got a question: Will the craft files that were bundled with the previous updates receive updates when update 1.2.0 is released fully? As currently, with the newly updated shared assets they cannot be loaded in due to the old AJ-10 engine and CMB-100 being fully removed

CMB-100?

23 minutes ago, The guy from duna said:

Hey is it possible to actuate the robotic arms using only Breaking Ground, or is it dependent on Infernal Robotics to work? If it's able to work using just Breaking Ground how do I utilize it?

HT Robotics is designed to work with Breaking Ground first. IR is completely optional!

3 hours ago, The guy from duna said:

Thanks mate! But do you also happen know how to control the arm itself? I tried using the KAL controllers but they don't seem to do anything

There isn't really a great way to control stock robotics so I just do it one hinge at a time and move the joints very, very slowly. KAL controllers aren't really all that helpful for robotic arms. They're great for simple moving parts, but arms are a little too complex. I just use them as an easy way to set storage positions for arms. We really need some kind of inverse kinematics controller for stock robotics, but I don't think anyone is working on one or willing to start this close to KSP2's release. 

Once upon a time there was an inverse kinematics controller mod for Infernal Robotics but I don't know if it's updated for 1.12+ and I know for a fact that it wasn't configured to use any of the habtech robotics parts.