[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

38 minutes ago, idiot said:

on github it says that it's bundled in version 1.2.0 that is still in development 

It should be fine. The Buran parts were provided by Benjee10 since he isn't planning on doing more with them since KSP2 is out now. They haven't been updated recently so you can download the pack and separate them, then place the parts in your current SOCK install.

52 minutes ago, idiot said:

on github it says that it's bundled in version 1.2.0 that is still in development 

To get them go to the github, Download manually by selecting Download ZIP from where it has a green button labeled code, then in the Extras folder, take all the files in the Buran folder, and place them in the main parts folder of the mod, and for the cargo bay install SOCK Repainted

10 minutes ago, CirrusUpdraft said:

To get them go to the github, Download manually by selecting Download ZIP from where it has a green button labeled code, then in the Extras folder, take all the files in the Buran folder, and place them in the main parts folder of the mod, and for the cargo bay install SOCK Repainted

thanks now i got it

Hi, 

I'm trying to use the MechJeb2 PVG to launch a shuttle into orbit, and I'm trying to follow the instructions in the manual. When the manual says to set the target orbit to 300km by 100 km, does that mean I set the Periapsis to 300 and the Apoapsis to 100?

20 minutes ago, Ultim32 said:

Hi, 

I'm trying to use the MechJeb2 PVG to launch a shuttle into orbit, and I'm trying to follow the instructions in the manual. When the manual says to set the target orbit to 300km by 100 km, does that mean I set the Periapsis to 300 and the Apoapsis to 100?

Other way around. Ap is always higher than the Pe. If you are using Rocket Motor Menagerie, Photon Corp and ORANGES, I would suggest using a 0.3 deg/sec turn.

11 hours ago, JebNotFound said:

What's wrong with the decals on the wings??

Textures Unlimited.  MagpieMods

go into that mod folder and delete the .cfg titled SOCK.

has a bunch of configs for a ton of mods that it has no business supporting. That is why the Shuttle is totally shiny, it just applies the metallic look to all parts.

Edited by lemon cup

8 hours ago, lemon cup said:

Textures Unlimited.

go into that mod folder and delete the .cfg titled SOCK.

TU has a bunch of configs for a ton of mods that it has no business supporting. That is why the Shuttle is totally shiny, it just applies the metallic look to all parts.

I looked in 000_TexturesUnlimited and found no cfg for SOCK or even anything, what am I doing wrong?

2 hours ago, JebNotFound said:

I looked in 000_TexturesUnlimited and found no cfg for SOCK or even anything, what am I doing wrong?

My apologies, I was trying to remember off the cuff. 

It is MagpieMods that has the .cfgs, one of which should be SOCK. Delete it.

Confuses me sometimes because it ties in with Texture Replacer just like TU.

If you examine how Magpie Mods writes the MM patches that give parts shiny/reflective appearances, you can write your own custom cfg that handles that on a part-by-part basis, if you want.

But as it stands Magpie just applies a bunch of patches en masse that basically amounts to: All Parts = Shiny.

Edited by lemon cup

Hi,

@benjee10, when I rotate the KerboArm1 axial servo joint past 1 or -1, when I try to set it back to 0, it just skips over it. Is this a bug? 

EDIT: This is probably unrelated to the first problem mentioned, but for some odd reason, Challenger decided to spaghettify during re-entry. Idk if this is a bug or not, but it crashed the game.

Edited by Ultim32

When I re-entered Columbia after deploying the Power Tower for Skylab, I tried to make Columbia land on solid ground, and the shuttle was attacked by the kraken. To avoid losing the crew, I used the alt f12 set position cheat to set the orbiter back on land. Everything inside the payload bay exploded, and all five elevons on the shuttle exploded as well. Does anybody know if Matt Lowne will do Kerbin Rescues? Or does he only do rescues on other planets?

y4mDilQSNE09Xg3R70UB5oihYS5HOFIKMmGWSar0

4 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Anyone else have a kraken attack every time they attach the payload to Canadarm and decouple it? The arm starts swinging violently, clipping through the rest of the craft, and bringing the whole shuttle with it.

Sounds like you are not in a neutral position of the joints = having tension on the arm. It is then like a pre loaded spring. Also you should move every joint on slowest setting.

3 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

I don't think it does. It's too wobbly.

I made the mod - I can assure you it uses Breaking Ground! Although as Rudolf pointed out it will use Infernal Robotics Next if that is installed. 

Wobbliness is just an inherent problem with robotic arms in KSP (and to a lesser extend in real life too). You are trying to move a large mass on the end of a long, flexible structure - there is going to be some wobble in it. IRL they solve this by going extremely slowly, and the same is true in KSP - bringing the dampening all the way up and the traverse rate all the way down and it becomes much more controllable, but also much slower.