[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

You didn`t install it correctly. It must be GameData\Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter as in the download. Never change a path name of a mod!!!

thanks I got the mod to work but when I play it says that the B9 part switch had an error and said to look in the logs for more info so here is the link to my logs https://docs.google.com/document/d/1prxJkS55eNvGait574LuaOPdOehNLr_y-JlTi0e6ZZM/edit?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I see a strange behaviour of my Shuttle when I install it. I'm still running KSP 1.9.1 (Mac version), using mod version 1.0.0 (tried Version 1.1.2b, same result). The issue is that if I select "Control from here" from docking port, the certain RCS stop working, while when I do "Control from here" from Shuttle cabin, all RCS works perfectly. Issue is I can't dock, because when controlling from docking port, RCS are not working. Any idea? Here is my KSP.log if that would help. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mim2csm1p44pax8/AADs7_aid3X5jJ79UwWEByxka?dl=0

Thanks for help. It start now, under 1.9.1 I'm sure that on 1.7.3 everything was working perfectly.

8 minutes ago, elGremlin said:

Hi,

I see a strange behaviour of my Shuttle when I install it. I'm still running KSP 1.9.1 (Mac version), using mod version 1.0.0 (tried Version 1.1.2b, same result). The issue is that if I select "Control from here" from docking port, the certain RCS stop working, while when I do "Control from here" from Shuttle cabin, all RCS works perfectly. Issue is I can't dock, because when controlling from docking port, RCS are not working. Any idea? Here is my KSP.log if that would help. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mim2csm1p44pax8/AADs7_aid3X5jJ79UwWEByxka?dl=0

Thanks for help. It start now, under 1.9.1 I'm sure that on 1.7.3 everything was working perfectly.

Are you using the craft file included with the mod? As this has RCS transforms disabled in certain axes to help balance the craft. Unfortunately these are relative to the axis of the control point, so changing control from the cockpit to the docking port results in some ports being disabled in an unusual way. There are a couple of workarounds - simplest is to fly the shuttle from the cockpit manually. You can click around the Iva to get a view out of the aft windows which are useful for lining up the docking port. Alternatively, you can enable all the actuation toggles for the RCS in the right click menus. Your RCS will be slightly imbalanced and less efficient but you’ll be able to fly fine from any control point.

5 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Are you using the craft file included with the mod? As this has RCS transforms disabled in certain axes to help balance the craft. Unfortunately these are relative to the axis of the control point, so changing control from the cockpit to the docking port results in some ports being disabled in an unusual way. There are a couple of workarounds - simplest is to fly the shuttle from the cockpit manually. You can click around the Iva to get a view out of the aft windows which are useful for lining up the docking port. Alternatively, you can enable all the actuation toggles for the RCS in the right click menus. Your RCS will be slightly imbalanced and less efficient but you’ll be able to fly fine from any control point.

OK thanks, that would be the case!

Anyone have a good rescale factor for the CA shuttle payload bay equipment to get it to work with SOCK's Shuttle? I know said equipment is being worked on for SOCK, but I'd like to rescale CA's stuff in the mean time. If nobody has a number, I may play with it this weekend to figure it out.

goofing around with the Shuttle and due to experience with scenery DEMs used in FS2004/FSX, I was wondering if anything we have now in the KSP mods that would allow for an SRTM radar payload that can be used with SOCK, preferably with Scansat functionality. Or has someone built an analog of it once?

s99e5476.jpg

image_gallery?uuid=52de7674-d9ac-4828-8b

Figure-1-Shuttle-Radar-Topography-Missio

On 11/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, dresoccer4 said:

Hi! Excited for this. I downloaded this and and redirect as instructed. However when I go to open up a craft file it fails, saying: missing part SyncModuleControlSurface :(
Where can I find this piece?

That's strange. At a guess, it might be a product of the craft file being created with atmospheric autopilot installed (I think that might add custom modules to control surfaces). Will the craft load correctly if you install atmospheric autopilot? If not, do the elevons/control surfaces work correctly when you add them to a craft yourself?

1 hour ago, computercat04 said:

There's a random black artifact magically attached to the Shuttle.

https://mega.nz/file/pfhG0bJb#MUDkRLDou-JK_60Xd468TLWRLwr3jtEAdB0lZrp5nQI

Looks like it could be the depth mask from Orbiter Docking System's IVA. There was an issue with that being on the wrong layer in earlier versions but I thought I fixed it. 

Could you confirm:

• What version of the mod you are using,
  • What KSP version you are using,
  • Does the docking system IVA appear in cutaway mode, or is it hidden?
  • Does the issue persist with a clean reinstall of the mod (i.e. delete the mod from your GameData, and install fresh download)

Hi! :D

I installed this mod and its dependencies from Spacedock a bit ago, and I've been following the manual to build a good shuttle for a station I want to slowly build in orbit. It's a really cool mod and did exactly what I needed it for, except for that I can't get the Kerboarm to work for the life of me. I've got the Breaking Ground DLC and tried using the KAL controller, IR menu, IR-1 controller, Servo Controller menu, and finally tried to right click on the joints and adjust them manually, but there's not any controls anywhere. :( The action group selection for the KAL just says "Axis Fields". I can get and post a log if needed. Sorry if this is a common bug (or just user error :P), I tried finding something about it on previous pages of this thread but couldn't find anything. 

Gamedata folder: https://imgur.com/ufaIoBT

Vid: 

Thanks

Edited by endersniperwds
better wording on 1st sentence

2 hours ago, endersniperwds said:

Hi! :D

I installed this mod and its dependencies from Spacedock a bit ago, and I've been following the manual to build a good shuttle for a station I want to slowly build in orbit. It's a really cool mod and did exactly what I needed it for, except for that I can't get the Kerboarm to work for the life of me. I've got the Breaking Ground DLC and tried using the KAL controller, IR menu, IR-1 controller, Servo Controller menu, and finally tried to right click on the joints and adjust them manually, but there's not any controls anywhere. :( The action group selection for the KAL just says "Axis Fields". I can get and post a log if needed. Sorry if this is a common bug (or just user error :P), I tried finding something about it on previous pages of this thread but couldn't find anything. 

Gamedata folder: https://imgur.com/ufaIoBT

Vid: 

Thanks

Hmm, seems like it might be a problem with the IR patch. Did you install IR after building the arm by any chance? If not, the patch itself may be broken - I'll have to take a look into it. 
Removing the 'Patches' folder from the 'htRobotics' folder should revert the joints to use the Breaking Ground robotics which hopefully should fix the problem. You might need to rebuild the arm to see the effects if that doesn't work. 

Also - just a heads up, you have the end effector upside down on the top of the arm - the end with the grey stripe is the grappling end!

On 11/10/2020 at 1:07 PM, benjee10 said:

That's strange. At a guess, it might be a product of the craft file being created with atmospheric autopilot installed (I think that might add custom modules to control surfaces). Will the craft load correctly if you install atmospheric autopilot? If not, do the elevons/control surfaces work correctly when you add them to a craft yourself?

Looks like it could be the depth mask from Orbiter Docking System's IVA. There was an issue with that being on the wrong layer in earlier versions but I thought I fixed it. 

Could you confirm:

• What version of the mod you are using,
  • What KSP version you are using,
  • Does the docking system IVA appear in cutaway mode, or is it hidden?
  • Does the issue persist with a clean reinstall of the mod (i.e. delete the mod from your GameData, and install fresh download)

Sorry to reply late but anyways, I think it got fixed.

17 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Hmm, seems like it might be a problem with the IR patch. Did you install IR after building the arm by any chance? If not, the patch itself may be broken - I'll have to take a look into it. 
Removing the 'Patches' folder from the 'htRobotics' folder should revert the joints to use the Breaking Ground robotics which hopefully should fix the problem. You might need to rebuild the arm to see the effects if that doesn't work. 

Also - just a heads up, you have the end effector upside down on the top of the arm - the end with the grey stripe is the grappling end!

I had IR installed before I got the mod, but I just found out that it was a Realism Overhaul version of IR and I replaced it with IR next. However, when I used IR Next it was like the mod wasn't even installed, the menu didn't show up or anything, no robotics parts added.. I decided to just uninstall anything IR and then the Kerboarm started working with the KAL. Is there a specific version of IR that the Kerboarm requires? 

nvm, as I was typing this I was loading KSP after reinstalling IR Next, and everything's fixed! It shows up in the IR editor now too, so I guess I just had to use IR Next instead of IR RO. I didn't delete the Patches folder or anything though, should I?

Can't wait to get started working on this station, ty for the help! :D

Edit: Also, is there any way I could make a thing where the Kerboarm can grab a payload, pull it out, and then somehow hold a kerbal to place things on that payload?

Edited by endersniperwds
question

3 hours ago, endersniperwds said:

I had IR installed before I got the mod, but I just found out that it was a Realism Overhaul version of IR and I replaced it with IR next. However, when I used IR Next it was like the mod wasn't even installed, the menu didn't show up or anything, no robotics parts added.. I decided to just uninstall anything IR and then the Kerboarm started working with the KAL. Is there a specific version of IR that the Kerboarm requires? 

nvm, as I was typing this I was loading KSP after reinstalling IR Next, and everything's fixed! It shows up in the IR editor now too, so I guess I just had to use IR Next instead of IR RO. I didn't delete the Patches folder or anything though, should I?

Can't wait to get started working on this station, ty for the help! :D

Edit: Also, is there any way I could make a thing where the Kerboarm can grab a payload, pull it out, and then somehow hold a kerbal to place things on that payload?

Ah, IR RO sounds like it was probably the cause, then. If it works any differently to RO Next the patch wouldn't work correctly. No need to delete the patch unless you want to revert to using the stock robotics system. 

I guess what you're wanting is something like the Canadarm foot restraint: 

STS-114_Steve_Robinson_on_Canadarm2.jpg

Don't currently have anything like that in the mod, but I suppose you could surface attach a command seat onto the arm and have a kerbal ride it like that. I will be adding the Canadarm2 in a future update so I will likely add something like the foot restraint alongside it. 

Awesome mod, but I have problems with the kerboarm, I don't understand and I can't make it stay still and stable during the ascent and descent. if you can give me some advice, since I can't find an answer anywhere it would be very helpful. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Teborro said:

Awesome mod, but I have problems with the kerboarm, I don't understand and I can't make it stay still and stable during the ascent and descent. if you can give me some advice, since I can't find an answer anywhere it would be very helpful. Thanks.

Counterintuitively, damping on the arms is bad. Try turning that to zero, locking the arms, and autostrutting them to grandparent.

52 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Counterintuitively, damping on the arms is bad. Try turning that to zero, locking the arms, and autostrutting them to grandparent.

I've already tried it but it doesn't work... I only want to know how someone that use this mod did it. I'm sure this is something really easy but I can't manage to do this. Thank you anyway.

3 hours ago, Teborro said:

I've already tried it but it doesn't work... I only want to know how someone that use this mod did it. I'm sure this is something really easy but I can't manage to do this. Thank you anyway.

Try locking every robotic part of the arm and then autostrutting the end effector to root. ALL the joints need to be locked, or the autostrut won’t be able to pass through them.

11 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Try locking every robotic part of the arm and then autostrutting the end effector to root. ALL the joints need to be locked, or the autostrut won’t be able to pass through them.

211/5000

Sorry but despite having so many hours of play I'm a real noob. Could you link me to a tutorial or something similar where it is explained how to use the robotic parts efficiently? Thanks to the availability.

• 2 weeks later...