Jump to content

[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8


benjee10
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Having trouble on Launch, particularly of rolling to 180, right after Liftoff and after SRB Sep to roll up

1.8.1 - JNSQ

 

Right after Liftoff - Rolling to 180, it seems to have trouble rolling right to 180, but it goes crazy as it's trying to roll 180, then it settles 50 seconds after Liftoff into Roll 180

after SRB Sep - Roll up, it also goes crazy...

 

Here's what I do when launching these shuttles:

With the roll issue, you can always turn off "force roll" and manually roll to 180 using Smart SAS. You can also manually resist the mechjeb roll by simply pressing the opposite arrow key. The second option is what I use. As for the SRB separation, make sure you have the cockpit menu open at launch, pin it up, and at separation change the control to -15 degrees. When you're rolling belly down after SRB sep, do the same thing you did at launch and manually resist the mechjeb roll.

I hope this helps friend!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elro2k said:

Here's what I do when launching these shuttles:

With the roll issue, you can always turn off "force roll" and manually roll to 180 using Smart SAS. You can also manually resist the mechjeb roll by simply pressing the opposite arrow key. The second option is what I use. As for the SRB separation, make sure you have the cockpit menu open at launch, pin it up, and at separation change the control to -15 degrees. When you're rolling belly down after SRB sep, do the same thing you did at launch and manually resist the mechjeb roll.

I hope this helps friend!

I Switched to 1.8.1 version of Mechjeb

(I also play still in 1.8.1 and it now launches just fine….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Having trouble on Launch, particularly of rolling to 180, right after Liftoff and after SRB Sep to roll up

1.8.1 - JNSQ

 

Right after Liftoff - Rolling to 180, it seems to have trouble rolling right to 180, but it goes crazy as it's trying to roll 180, then it settles 50 seconds after Liftoff into Roll 180

after SRB Sep - Roll up, it also goes crazy...

12jlFuz.png

 

A couple tips, keep the SSMEs Roll gimbal locked up to SRB separation, and if you're going of accuracy, STS-1 didn't actually roll to a heads-up orientation, the Shuttle started doing that later on to communicate through TDRSS.

Edited by _Krieger_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

Having trouble on Launch, particularly of rolling to 180, right after Liftoff and after SRB Sep to roll up

1.8.1 - JNSQ

 

Right after Liftoff - Rolling to 180, it seems to have trouble rolling right to 180, but it goes crazy as it's trying to roll 180, then it settles 50 seconds after Liftoff into Roll 180

after SRB Sep - Roll up, it also goes crazy...

12jlFuz.png

 

If I were me, I'd set the Force Roll: Climb to 180 as well.

I believe the logic of it is like that it will track straight until ALT (Which you have set for 100m) THEN turn to the "climb" angle (which you have set for 0), then when the gravity turn starts, it will turn to the "turn" angle. (which you have set for 180)
The point being you want to settle on your proper azimuth while you're going slow, because if you try doing it when you're going fast (like, say 50 seconds later) you'll encounter craziness.  =)

I could be wrong, but I set climb 180 turn 180 alt <tower clear alt> and I don't have the same issues.

I keep all gimbals enabled on the mains and never have problems either.  If you want a touch more realism, set your periapsis to -1 and your apoapsis to <desired> so long as it's out of the atmosphere. Set your "attach altitude" to something just out of the atmosphere as well.  Can equal or be less than the apoapsis.  The closer it is to leaving the atmosphere, the more time you'll have to get into position for OMS burn 1.  In this way, once you remove the ET, it'll coast and burn up automagically.  Use OMS engines to boost your periapsis to get into orbit.  Real shuttles always (roughly) worked this way.

 

Edited by slaintemaith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, A Laughing 747 said:

Could you please add Rasterprop monitor support? It'd make this already great mod amazing! Thank you.

Making IVA, especially with RPM is a grat effort. There is already a shuttle-ive for RPM. Don`t know if it works with SOCK because it is build for MK3. But you can try it.

There are two version: Full glas and Retro.

Here is another IVA:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Staticalliam7 said:

I read something about a mod called "htRobotics" being needed for canadarm in previous posts. Is that still relevant, or does the mod no longer need it. I cannot seem to find htRobotics anywhere on the internet. 

htRobotics is bundled with the release of this mod & just includes the Canadarm parts. It depends upon either the Breaking Ground DLC or Infernal Robotics to function, and will automatically work with whichever you have installed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

htRobotics is bundled with the release of this mod & just includes the Canadarm parts. It depends upon either the Breaking Ground DLC or Infernal Robotics to function, and will automatically work with whichever you have installed. 

Ah, thanks. I have BG and Infernal robotics so I'm good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Benjee10, I have a short question for you and I hope you can help me further ....

Is there somehow the possibility that you might find some time and maybe make two small texture changes for me ....

I'm a big fan of your mods and a big fan of the Space Shuttle Challenger, so now to my questions and requests ...

Is it possible that you could adjust the vertical stabilizer and the outer elevons so that they look like the Challenger?

 

nKqoRVK.jpgIDvLRbg.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YourAgony said:

Hi Benjee10, I have a short question for you and I hope you can help me further ....

Is there somehow the possibility that you might find some time and maybe make two small texture changes for me ....

I'm a big fan of your mods and a big fan of the Space Shuttle Challenger, so now to my questions and requests ...

Is it possible that you could adjust the vertical stabilizer and the outer elevons so that they look like the Challenger?

 

nKqoRVK.jpgIDvLRbg.jpg

There’s a submod for this that focuses on texture variants, I think it’s called SOCK Recolored or something like that. You might do better to ask there.

Also Challenger had a slightly different tile pattern around her side hatch, as well as more TPS tiles on the sides of the payload bay like Columbia had on her earlier missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

There’s a submod for this that focuses on texture variants, I think it’s called SOCK Recolored or something like that. You might do better to ask there.

Also Challenger had a slightly different tile pattern around her side hatch, as well as more TPS tiles on the sides of the payload bay like Columbia had on her earlier missions.

Thanks a lot i will try it

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will this mod eventually also get the additional payload bay components like e.g. the EDO pallet, sunshade and the science pallet(which was used on, iirc, most of the spacelab missions).
If needed I can provide some visual documentations on some if you want

Edited by Pointblank66
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

Will this mod eventually also get the additional payload bay components like e.g. the EDO pallet, sunshade and the science pallet(which was used on, iirc, most of the spacelab missions).
If needed I can provide some visual documentations on some if you want

I think it might be dead, given KSP 2 will be releasing soon, so everyone will focus on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 4:04 AM, Pointblank66 said:

Will this mod eventually also get the additional payload bay components like e.g. the EDO pallet, sunshade and the science pallet(which was used on, iirc, most of the spacelab missions).
If needed I can provide some visual documentations on some if you want

If you want those things - you can try it with "Cormorant Aeronology Mod" its old but it works for me - only some scale adjustments 

https://github.com/Pak84/Cormorant-Aeronology

https://github.com/Pak84/Cormorant-Aeronology/tree/master/Assets/payloadUtilities

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 9:17 PM, YourAgony said:

If you want those things - you can try it with "Cormorant Aeronology Mod" its old but it works for me - only some scale adjustments 

https://github.com/Pak84/Cormorant-Aeronology

https://github.com/Pak84/Cormorant-Aeronology/tree/master/Assets/payloadUtilities

 

That's the thing, I am already doing that but the thing is, scaling them to fit it inside the payload bay WITHOUT clipping them into it results into them being to small, and scaling them to the right size results in them fitting perfectly but WITH clipping through the bottom of the payload bay.. Besides that, those payload utilities are made for the default payload bay after all. And being me I'm very much a perfectionist with this game and can get very irritated when certain designs or kitbashes don't look right  (°ー°〃)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...