[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

SLS-1 launches! Mariner (OV-202) takes to the skies with Jeb and Dudmon aboard:

7XtNwWg.pngN7fEuLU.png

wItl4ng.png

xJjTQLo.png

Dudmon takes a walk outside to inspect the tiles. If everything is A-OK, then KSC won't need to send Sojourner, the last K-20, to rescue the crew...

pRJIKVi.png

(naturally, the KMU failed to function)

KfTRFDK.png

QD1yzbv.png

V7cP7ql.png

NK9tw2N.png

Dudmon is back inside, now they wait for KSC to analyze the photos...

This is an awesome mod! :)

Edited by Angel-125

52 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

SLS-1 launches! Mariner (OV-202) takes to the skies with Jeb and Dudmon aboard:

7XtNwWg.pngN7fEuLU.png

wItl4ng.png

xJjTQLo.png

Dudmon takes a walk outside to inspect the tiles. If everything is A-OK, then KSC won't need to send Sojourner, the last K-20, to rescue the crew...

pRJIKVi.png

(naturally, the KMU failed to function)

KfTRFDK.png

QD1yzbv.png

V7cP7ql.png

NK9tw2N.png

Dudmon is back inside, now they wait for KSC to analyze the photos...

This is an awesome mod! :)

Now that I think about it, Jeb is a perfect fit for John Young. That would make Val Wally Schirra, Bill Pete Conrad, and Bob Harrison Schmitt. Makes PERFECT sense! :)

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

Small patch to use my Servo Controller if you use the arm with Breaking Ground robotics:

@PART[ht_C1_elbow,ht_C1_pitch]:NEEDS[ServoController]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = WBIBGSnapshotController
        type = hinge
        debugMode = false
    }
}
@PART[ht_C2_joint,ht_C1_rotator]:NEEDS[ServoController]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = WBIBGSnapshotController
        type = servo
        debugMode = false
    }
}

Edited by Angel-125

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if any of you could help me out at all. I'm using this and can get in to a steady orbit using mechjeb (yes I know it's frowned upon in most cases, but for the purpose and enjoyment of how I play the game I use MJ). However when I try to use the rendezvous MechJeb option to try to get to my ISS the shuttle throttles up and knocks itself off of MechJeb's calculations. Is there a fix for this or does it 'need' to be flown manually? I followed and read the whole manual.

Sorry if this have been asked before!

49 minutes ago, KSPOrbiter said:

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if any of you could help me out at all. I'm using this and can get in to a steady orbit using mechjeb (yes I know it's frowned upon in most cases, but for the purpose and enjoyment of how I play the game I use MJ). However when I try to use the rendezvous MechJeb option to try to get to my ISS the shuttle throttles up and knocks itself off of MechJeb's calculations. Is there a fix for this or does it 'need' to be flown manually? I followed and read the whole manual.

Sorry if this have been asked before!

I have no relation to the mod author in any way but I have a lot of game time with the shuttle. Have you made sure to right click the cockpit and change the control point from “Forward” to “-15 degrees”? This is crucial for operation of the OAMS engines. 

If that’s not it, it could be an issue with MechJeb itself, I’ve been having some problems with the Rendezvous function. To get around it I’ve been using Maneuver Planner’s “bi-impulsive Hohmann transfer to target” option. Works just the same.

45 minutes ago, lemon cup said:

I have no relation to the mod author in any way but I have a lot of game time with the shuttle. Have you made sure to right click the cockpit and change the control point from “Forward” to “-15 degrees”? This is crucial for operation of the OAMS engines. 

If that’s not it, it could be an issue with MechJeb itself, I’ve been having some problems with the Rendezvous function. To get around it I’ve been using Maneuver Planner’s “bi-impulsive Hohmann transfer to target” option. Works just the same.

I have to say that helped a lot! Still struggling to rendezvous with Mechjeb as the blue marker moves all over the place! However the 15 degree control helped A LOT!

On 7/30/2020 at 3:23 PM, benjee10 said:

Great screenshots. Love the use of (I assume) conformal decals to add stuff like the rescue sign!

I'm afraid I have no plans to support KSP versions prior to 1.8.

hmmm ....only the Payload bay is missing .... all the other parts are there :-/

2 hours ago, YourAgony said:

hmmm ....only the Payload bay is missing .... all the other parts are there :-/

Radiators on the payload bay use the mapped shader which isn’t supported in earlier version.

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

But man, the robotics arms are so wobbly!

They are not if you operate them at speeds comparable to the real thing, that is, very very slowly. If you tried normal KSP speeds with the real one, it'd flop around, too (not that the motors can generate that much torque). 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:54 AM, KSPOrbiter said:

I have to say that helped a lot! Still struggling to rendezvous with Mechjeb as the blue marker moves all over the place! However the 15 degree control helped A LOT!

Stop using the mechjeb docking function. Iits good to use to get close, a kilometer or two.  Then, with the station you are docking with in a desired attitude, start using the built in prograde/radial/normal capabilities with MANUAL docking thrust.

for the ISS  and MIR stations I have in orbit, I just let mechjeb get me close and then I switch to forward control and radial  facing + using smart as so I can also set a roll angle. Everything is squared up for you and docking is a breeze.  Remember to maintain control from cockpit and not the docking port.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

• 2 weeks later...

Satellite capture! The KerboArm grabs a leftover upper stage used during Munflight. Gerrim just loaded a communications satellite onto it.

ze0vAhO.png

@benjee10 I also noticed that htRobotics has some "KerboArm 2" parts in the folder including a boom, joint, and latching end effector. The .mu and the .cfg files are there, but the parts don't show up in game. Has anybody seen the KerboArm 2 parts?

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Satellite capture! The KerboArm grabs a leftover upper stage used during Munflight. Gerrim just loaded a communications satellite onto it.

ze0vAhO.png

@benjee10 I also noticed that htRobotics has some "KerboArm 2" parts in the folder including a boom, joint, and latching end effector. The .mu and the .cfg files are there, but the parts don't show up in game. Has anybody seen the KerboArm 2 parts?

The KerboArm2 parts are for Canadarm2 (predictably enough!) but they aren't textured yet. I was using them to test out the new robotics initially. They should all be functional, so if you fancy testing them out (albeit untextured) you can un-comment the PART node in the configs (warranty void etc. etc.) 

5 hours ago, benjee10 said:

The KerboArm2 parts are for Canadarm2 (predictably enough!) but they aren't textured yet. I was using them to test out the new robotics initially. They should all be functional, so if you fancy testing them out (albeit untextured) you can un-comment the PART node in the configs (warranty void etc. etc.) 

Ah, that explains it! Thanks for letting me know. :)