[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 9:21 PM, Drehverschluss said:

Hello there.

I dont know if this is the right place to post my issue.

I just want to build my new shuttle with the cool Olympus S4-Jumbo 5m External Cryogenic tank cause thats exactly the tank from the UserManual, but i cant change to the correct fuel. There is always only Oxidizer, but i need LF+Oxidizer.

Any ideas?

Anything new to this?

On 12/13/2020 at 9:21 PM, Drehverschluss said:

Hello there.

I dont know if this is the right place to post my issue.

I just want to build my new shuttle with the cool Olympus S4-Jumbo 5m External Cryogenic tank cause thats exactly the tank from the UserManual, but i cant change to the correct fuel. There is always only Oxidizer, but i need LF+Oxidizer.

Any ideas?

7 hours ago, Lennox85OC said:

Anything new to this?

I think it was not installed correctly. It seems the Community Ressource Pack, which is a dependency, is not installed because the S4-Jumbo has not LF+Oxidizer. It has LOX+Oxidizer. And for LOX you need the CRP. It isn`t a stock fuel.

12 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

I think it was not installed correctly. It seems the Community Ressource Pack, which is a dependency, is not installed because the S4-Jumbo has not LF+Oxidizer. It has LOX+Oxidizer. And for LOX you need the CRP. It isn`t a stock fuel.

The community ressource pack is installed. It looks like this:

2nia3md4.jpg

22 minutes ago, Ollz said:

Would You consider Making A Part Switch / a New set of pieces for the Block II Orbiter.

I know Cormorant Aeronology has a Block II Orbiter, but I Think a SOCK Block II would be Really Cool!

rogerwang86 made a mod for that

https://spacedock.info/mod/2472/Project EOC(WIP)

edit: nevermind, I thought you meant Shuttle C

Edited by SpaceFace545

26 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

rogerwang86 made a mod for that

https://spacedock.info/mod/2472/Project EOC(WIP)

edit: nevermind, I thought you meant Shuttle C

Woah - I had no idea - even tho that’s Shuttle C, man That’s so good I love Shuttle C.

As Bob Ross Says, “ Happy Accidents”

thanks Man

On 1/24/2021 at 3:49 AM, SpaceFace545 said:

Hey @benjee10 are you gonna add waterfall configs for your stuff?

and could it be arranged that the restock version of the rs-25/vector model could be used in sock/redirect for the rainstorm(real hydrolox rs-25)?

Edited by Starhelperdude

46 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

and could it be arranged that the restock version of the rs-25/vector model could be used in sock/redirect for the rainstorm(real hydrolox rs-25)?

Its the same engine so he doesn't have much work to do, he just needs to copy and paste the configs for the two engines and the RCS thrusters.

6 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Plume party is a mod that just adds parts that make plumes for stuff like oxygen venting and wing tip vortexes. This mod is purely cosmetic and doesn’t interfere with anything

That`s not right. PlumeParty adds engine particles for engines too so it can interfer with other parts/engines very well.
For examples look here: https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/PlumeParty

Hi
Benjee10, are your mods purposely being kept downgraded so they can be used with 2.5 scale solar system?
I would really like to use your mods with KSP 1.11+ , because they are amazing, especially this one :(
I've tried to use your mods like this with KSP 1.11 and 1.8.1, but when I'm in the VAB, or out on the launch pad or something, it'll sometimes make the parts transparent, flash shadows over the ground, or just make the entire screen plain black.

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

3 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

Hi
Benjee10, are your mods purposely being kept downgraded so they can be used with 2.5 scale solar system?
I would really like to use your mods with KSP 1.11+ , because they are amazing, especially this one :(
I've tried to use your mods like this with KSP 1.11 and 1.8.1, but when I'm in the VAB, or out on the launch pad or something, it'll sometimes make the parts transparent, flash shadows over the ground, or just make the entire screen plain black.

There is nothing that would make any of my mods incompatible with the latest ksp version as far as I’m aware - I’ve been using SOCK/HabTech in 1.11 just today with no issues. What you’re describing sounds like a different problem - what other mods do you have installed & what are the specs of your PC? 

45 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

I’ve been using SOCK/HabTech in 1.11 just today with no issues.

So wait, the Habtech2 Solar trusses floating away problem has been fixed?  Note:  It happened when I put new trusses up on my station.  Also I haven't tried 1.11 with Habtech2.

Edited by MashAndBangers

8 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

So wait, the Habtech2 Solar trusses floating away problem has been fixed?  Note:  It happened when I put new trusses up on my station.  Also I haven't tried 1.11 with Habtech2.

Not explicitly but I haven’t been able to replicate it here - tried reloading saves multiple times, switching flight scenes etc. and I’ve never encountered it. Would you mind showing your mod list/game data folder so I can try to work out if it’s a conflict somewhere?

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

There is nothing that would make any of my mods incompatible with the latest ksp version as far as I’m aware - I’ve been using SOCK/HabTech in 1.11 just today with no issues. What you’re describing sounds like a different problem - what other mods do you have installed & what are the specs of your PC? 

OK, here are my PC specs:

Processor     AMD Phenom(tm)  ll X4 840 Processor   3.20 GHz

Installed RAM    16.0 GB

Device ID     3E0F174E-6D7E-47DC-A792-105A6A74C405

Product ID     00326-10000-00000-AA127

System type      64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

And here are the mods I am currently using, at all of their latest versions:

Beware, there is a lot of them, in my knowledge :/

Animated decouplers

B9 part switch

Click through blocker

Community resource pack

Cryogenic engines/tanks

Deployable engines

Dynamic battery storage

Kerbal engineering redux

Kerbal reusability expansion

KSP AVC

Mechjeb 2

Module manager

Near future construction/electrical/props/propulsion/solar/spacecraft

Persistent thrust

Real chute

Real plume

Restock/Restock+

Retractable lifting surface

Smokescreen

Station parts expansion redux/metal surfaces

Toolbar

Tundra Exploration/technologies

Waterfall

Waterfall - restock plugin

Zero mini AVC

Also, will you ever put your mods on CKAN? It would make the installation process a lot easier and efficient :) 

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

23 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Not explicitly but I haven’t been able to replicate it here - tried reloading saves multiple times, switching flight scenes etc. and I’ve never encountered it. Would you mind showing your mod list/game data folder so I can try to work out if it’s a conflict somewhere?

I went ahead and reinstalled everything into 1.11.1, so here's my Gamedata and computer specs:

iE5cXmo.pngDslex3G.pngzsKagqn.png

On 2/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, benjee10 said:

What you’re describing sounds like a different problem

Hi, so I found out what went wrong. It was a different kind of problem. My graphics card for my computer is really outdated, so that could be the cause of my screen going black and parts being transparent. No more need for you to do anything else, I can take it from here. :) 

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

Hello everyone, I am using this mod to build the shuttle, with the launch and the orbital trajectories I have no problem, the problem arises after the reentry, no matter how hard I try, I can't make the shuttle glide until it lands, I'm currently using the mod Atmospheric Autopilot  but even so I can not plan what happens is that immediately after it traverses the upper layers of the atmosphere the shuttle loses support and falls almost vertically, if you can help me, I would appreciate a lot

50 minutes ago, Nemoksp said:

Hello everyone, I am using this mod to build the shuttle, with the launch and the orbital trajectories I have no problem, the problem arises after the reentry, no matter how hard I try, I can't make the shuttle glide until it lands, I'm currently using the mod Atmospheric Autopilot  but even so I can not plan what happens is that immediately after it traverses the upper layers of the atmosphere the shuttle loses support and falls almost vertically, if you can help me, I would appreciate a lot

so space shuttles may look graceful but they are practically bricks with wings so once you lose too much speed you are just gonna stall. to fly it you need a very steep glideslope to maintain a proper airspeed so you don't stall. I use about a 30 degree slope and then I taper off to a flare once I am back at the KSC The first few flights I overshot the KSC and then I used a nearly vertical glide slope to bet back. fly it takes plenty of practice.