[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

@benjee10Is it correct that on Spacedock version 1.1.1 has ~118MB and version 1.1.2 has ~644MB???

That is in fact not correct... very weird. Nothing in the .zip that shouldn't be from what I can tell. Just re-compressed it and it comes out as 124mb. Will update the SpaceDock version, GitHub looks to be normal. If you've already downloaded 1.1.2 then no-need to redownload.

1 hour ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Good morning and Happy 4th of July.

@Emilius73, what filter are you using for the "scale model" appearance.  That's awesome!

Also... where is everyone getting the Docking port clamps with the 4 round petals?  I don't have these and I don't see them in HabTech or BDB which I am guessing would have them.

What do you mean by "scale model"? I'm using JNSQ, EVE, Distant Object, Planetshine and TUFX with Zorg's configs.

39 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

@Emilius73, your images have a "model like" appearance.  My guess is you are using some Photoshop filter.

No photoshop, those are shots straight from the game using the mods I mentioned before!

42 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

@Emilius73, your images have a "model like" appearance.  My guess is you are using some Photoshop filter.

That`s TUFX with Zorg`s Configs.

Also... where is everyone getting the Docking port clamps with the 4 round petals?  I don't have these and I don't see them in HabTech or BDB which I am guessing would have them.

Which do you mean?

Edited by Cheesecake

Can I ask, how do I make the robotic arm less floppy when I’m manipulating things. I know I’ve got to auto-strut it and lock it during ascent and it works perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever.

Though what should be my traverse settings and dampening for the arm?

PS: using Breaking Ground.

@LawnDartLeoYou mean the big ones at the white/red Node? That are the CBMs (C200-CBM) from HabTech2. Recognizable at the thermal cover which can be switched.

Look here at the first post. There is a picture.

The round things are no petals. They are part of the thermal cover. The little pins above this round things are the petals.

Edited by Cheesecake

12 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Looks like I had accidentally disabled the colliders on that side while working on it. Hotfix now live!

Are you using the stock SSMEs or the versions provided by reDIRECT? The stock engines run on liquid fuel while the reDIRECT ones run on liquid hydrogen. For the reDIRECT external tank setup you'll want to use the liquid hydrogen version since that's what the fuel tank contains. 

Thanks, that fixed it for me. Was up super late so I guess the brain wasn't working that well.

I have another problem though with booster separation. The SRB-50K will not attach to the attachment node on the radial decoupler. Same goes for the SRB-75K, but the SRB-25K fits just fine.

752OHqJ.png

Edited by NateDaBeast

13 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Can I ask, how do I make the robotic arm less floppy when I’m manipulating things. I know I’ve got to auto-strut it and lock it during ascent and it works perfectly fine, no problems whatsoever.

Though what should be my traverse settings and dampening for the arm?

PS: using Breaking Ground.

Just use the lowest traverse speed you can and maximum dampening. Unfortunately beyond a certain point there’s not much you can do, the robotics will always have a degree of wobble in them. Just take it as slow as you can!

32 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Thanks, that fixed it for me. Was up super late so I guess the brain wasn't working that well.

I have another problem though with booster separation. The SRB-50K will not attach to the attachment node on the radial decoupler. Same goes for the SRB-75K, but the SRB-25K fits just fine.

752OHqJ.png

Hold alt to disable radial attachment. The node is further down than you have it attached currently. 

(Google Translate);)

Hello @ Benjee10 ... first I want to thank you for the excellent work you did on this mod, it's amazing! Congratulations! This Orbiter and HabTech2 are indispensable for me ...:lol:

I installed the latest version of the mod in my game (KSP 1.9.1) and the new parts work but have the wrong textures. What did I do wrong? How can I submit my KSP.log or get support?

(Even though I am inexperienced I risk saying that there was a conflict of mods, I use many mods hehehe ...)

On 7/4/2020 at 12:40 AM, benjee10 said:

Well folks, somehow it has been a whole year since the release of this mod, and on the same day we've hit 11,000 downloads! 

To celebrate, here's a small update with some additional parts & fixes for 1.10.0. I've added a bunch of structural tubes sized to fit inside the payload bay, which should increase the flexibility of missions you can fly. I'll be adding to this in the near future, mainly focusing on more payload bay mounting options. 

shuttleOrbiter1-1-0.png?width=2140&heigh

SPACEDOCK

Worth noting that reDIRECT is not yet updated nor have I tested a full stack in 1.10.0, however this update should be backwards compatible to 1.8+, so you can continue to fly there until other mods are updated. 

As always please let me know of any issues you find and I'll do my best to fix them. I'll be continuing to tweak the aero as time goes on so any feedback there is appreciated - I've improved it somewhat but it's still a little more squirrelly than it used to be!

Enjoy. 

Hi Benjee, huge congratulations on the update! I have been enjoying your mod for a long time now and I just can't get enough of it.

I do have a quick question though, does this update include the fixture alignment necessity?

EDIT: I meant the removal of the alignment necessity of course!

Edited by Bisket15

4 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Is there a video tutorial on how this manipulator works, docking with it seems almost impossible. I only succeeded once. : \

I would appreciate this, too.

There is a specific line in the manual that is not clear, also... "the end effector can only connect successfully in increments of 120°."  What exactly does this mean?

13 hours ago, KallangoVerde said:

(Google Translate);)

Hello @ Benjee10 ... first I want to thank you for the excellent work you did on this mod, it's amazing! Congratulations! This Orbiter and HabTech2 are indispensable for me ...:lol:

I installed the latest version of the mod in my game (KSP 1.9.1) and the new parts work but have the wrong textures. What did I do wrong? How can I submit my KSP.log or get support?

(Even though I am inexperienced I risk saying that there was a conflict of mods, I use many mods hehehe ...)

Try doing a clean reinstall of the mod, it sounds like the texture files may not have been overwritten properly. To do this delete the Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter folder, redownload the mod and install it again. Hopefully this should fix the issue. 

7 hours ago, Bisket15 said:

Hi Benjee, huge congratulations on the update! I have been enjoying your mod for a long time now and I just can't get enough of it.

I do have a quick question though, does this update include the fixture alignment necessity?

EDIT: I meant the removal of the alignment necessity of course!

Thanks for reminding me, I'll do that for next update. 

59 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

I would appreciate this, too.

There is a specific line in the manual that is not clear, also... "the end effector can only connect successfully in increments of 120°."  What exactly does this mean?

That means that the effector can only dock with the grapple fixture at 120° intervals on the roll axis - so it can be aligned at 0°, 120°, or 240° relative to the fixture. 

5 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Is there a video tutorial on how this manipulator works, docking with it seems almost impossible. I only succeeded once. : \

If you're talking about specifically getting the end effector to attach to the grapple fixture, the gold box on the effector needs to be lined up with the target marker on the grapple fixture in order to dock. Unfortunately KSP is a bit overzealous with the alignment which makes it very tricky to line up right. Reducing the magnet strength on the ports can help a lot & I'll be removing the angle limit in the next update. 

As some of you may have guessed, the addition of the crew tubes is to herald the arrival of Spacelab/Spacehab parts. Spacelab is currently in progress, with both a long and short module available. Those of you who are feeling adventurous can download a test build from the GitHub. There shouldn't be any major changes to these parts moving forward that would cause game-breaking issues, but be aware that the mass, crew capacity etc. may change in the future and currently there are no IVAs for these parts. 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-05_at_14.50.51.png

Screen_Shot_2020-07-05_at_22.53.50.png?w

Screen_Shot_2020-07-05_at_22.53.58.png

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Try doing a clean reinstall of the mod, it sounds like the texture files may not have been overwritten properly. To do this delete the Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter folder, redownload the mod and install it again. Hopefully this should fix the issue. 

Thanks for reminding me, I'll do that for next update. 

That means that the effector can only dock with the grapple fixture at 120° intervals on the roll axis - so it can be aligned at 0°, 120°, or 240° relative to the fixture. 

If you're talking about specifically getting the end effector to attach to the grapple fixture, the gold box on the effector needs to be lined up with the target marker on the grapple fixture in order to dock. Unfortunately KSP is a bit overzealous with the alignment which makes it very tricky to line up right. Reducing the magnet strength on the ports can help a lot & I'll be removing the angle limit in the next update. 

As some of you may have guessed, the addition of the crew tubes is to herald the arrival of Spacelab/Spacehab parts. Spacelab is currently in progress, with both a long and short module available. Those of you who are feeling adventurous can download a test build from the GitHub. There shouldn't be any major changes to these parts moving forward that would cause game-breaking issues, but be aware that the mass, crew capacity etc. may change in the future and currently there are no IVAs for these parts. 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-05_at_14.50.51.png

Screen_Shot_2020-07-05_at_22.53.50.png?w

Screen_Shot_2020-07-05_at_22.53.58.png

Wow! You're really pumping out new features now huh? This add-on is just getting better and better!

Looking forward to the fixture update!

51 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

I'm liking the new parts. With spacelab, I'll have something for my Columbia shuttle to do. Of course I still have to figure out how to safely land it first.

I just stick with my -70 degree glide slope after missing the runway, works every time. But, I won't tell anyone if you just land in the grass

Edited by SpaceFace545

42 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I just stick with my -70 degree glide slope after missing the runway, works every time. But, I won't tell anyone if you just land in the grass

I successfully landed once, but not on the runway. My current problem is figuring out the reentry burn and profile with JNSQ, Realistic Atmospheres and FAR. I have yet to get the right burn location to allow me to make the runway.

5 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

I successfully landed once, but not on the runway. My current problem is figuring out the reentry burn and profile with JNSQ, Realistic Atmospheres and FAR. I have yet to get the right burn location to allow me to make the runway.

yeah, I just use stock cause my laptop can't even handle scatterer. the majority of my landings end up with broken wings.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, alberro+ said:

That suit looks sick! Where’d you get it?

It's a replica of the ACES suit, but I deleted it and can't find it anymore. Sorry :(

Also @benjee10 does the switch to DDS textures affect how the custom shuttle names need to be made?