KSP Loading... Preview: Forces on Cryovolcanoes and Geysers!

St4rdust

Small but fun feature! Now Cryovolcanoes and Geysers will generate forces when emitting particles. 

Hmm, I can see it now, geyser assisted return launches, just because it has to be done :P! , or a really, really well timed rover, making the greatest leap of Kerbal Kind hehe!

Edit, though in hindsight, if the force doesn't scale up for bigger objects than Kerbals, well, I'm sure someone will mod these geysers to be able to do it, like a cork in a bottle!

Edited by Dirt The Space Dirt Fox

This will be great for gliders! Can’t wait.

10 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

The feature I think would be nice would be if they could be harnessed for electricity.  It would be handy on Laythe where solar panels aren't so good.

I believe the BG servo module supports regenerative charging, Should be able to run a little generator.

10 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

The feature I think would be nice would be if they could be harnessed for electricity.  It would be handy on Laythe where solar panels aren't so good.

Fun idea, but the geyser doesn't produce a constant thrust, as we see.

I still think we should ditch the kettle plume and go with a big gas cone. This just doesn't feel right and teaches physics wrong.

Most impressive surfacefeature, true reason to put a base on Vall and venture all the secrets around! Can`t wait for my next holidays in winter to dive into all the new stuff!

Gods, this is great stuff! Can't wait for Volcano assisted launches!

But I really really have one request - Can we have a way to RESCALE the BG scatters? The current volcanic features are far too small imo and i would like to see them bigger.

Much bigger.

Edited by Xurkitree

Oh... My... Kraken. THIS IS AMAZING! Now we just need a gas-electricity generator, like a geothermal generator. Or even better! We need these on Eve! Why eve? A. My favorite. B. To crush kerbals of-course :D.

Oooor, even better! Make a Volcano on Kerbin with the same features!

Hoo boy...

This is just asking people to build all kinds of crazy geothermal-powered contraptions!

It was an excellent strategy to release the DLC, get player feedback, and then flesh out all the features. I really do think people enjoy "having a hand" in the development.

Great job!

13 hours ago, cantab said:

Any thoughts on making the hot volcanic features actually heat Kerbals and vessels that are standing on them?

This would be a valid addition to Laythe, being squeezed by Jool and all that.

I'll just put this here.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.