[1.12.x] TrimIndicators

TrimIndicators is based on code from Nereid's NanoGauges.  

They were original developed by  @dazoe

NanoGauges used to have trim indicators, but they broke back around 1.3.1, and because of that Nereid removed them from the mod.

This code is based on the old code, it has been updated to work with the current versions of KSP.

I've offered to Nereid to re-add these to his NanoGauges mod, but I wanted this as a standalone mod because this is only 6k in size, while the whole NanoGauges is over 260k in size, and I didn't want/need any of the other gauges

Simply install into the GameData.  There are no configurable items

This mod adds trim pointers to the three axis display during flight:  Roll, Yaw and Pitch.  The trim pointer is a smaller version of the pointer on the opposite side of the scale from the regular pointer

Pics (or it isn't true):

TrimIndicators.jpg

Availablity

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ha Ha! 

Hot dang. Thanks for this component resurrect. It's really the simple things with this game as much as the massive component packs and overhauls that keep enhancing the experience. 

Cheers! -- I hope Nereid does re-add them, since I'm a fan of the NanoGauges, too.

18 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Ha Ha! 

Hot dang. Thanks for this component resurrect. It's really the simple things with this game as much as the massive component packs and overhauls that keep enhancing the experience. 

Cheers! -- I hope Nereid does re-add them, since I'm a fan of the NanoGauges, too.

would be nice, I just submitted a PR for him to consider

And, as a bonus, they overlap/work alongside Trim Indicator, in case the numeric value of the trim offset is also valuable (for a specific plane's take off or approach trim, etc.). I loved the numbers, but I really missed the visual doo-dads. Now we can have both again! :D

8 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

And, as a bonus, they overlap/work alongside Trim Indicator, in case the numeric value of the trim offset is also valuable (for a specific plane's take off or approach trim, etc.). I loved the numbers, but I really missed the visual doo-dads. Now we can have both again! :D

I really thought about adding that functionality, but decided against it. Only real reason would be for a small improvement in efficiency

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.