KSP Loading... Preview: Breaking Ground - Propeller and Helicopter Blades

St4rdust

This blade part can be used to convert lift into thrust if you spin it fast enough. 
The advanced users can even find useful on other planets with an atmosphere.

High-resolution image here!

2 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

variable pitch

Looks like the prop has built-in pitch control - I guess helicopter blades generally need more complex arrangements.  Can't wait to find out.

1 hour ago, KerbolExplorer said:

OMG

This is defenetly going to force me back to the game! 0_0

The question is?

Will this be in the stock game or in braking ground?

Looking back at the other threads in brief, all things related to Breaking Ground had Breaking Ground in their titles, grip pads, these and the LF rotors don't, so I may take a guess this is going to be in the base game! But I could be wrong... Can a dev confirm?

Edited by Dirt The Space Dirt Fox

1 minute ago, Dirt The Space Dirt Fox said:

Looking back at the other threads in brief, all things related to Breaking Ground had Breaking Ground in their titles, grip pads, these and the LF rotors don't, so I may take a guess this is going to be in the base game!

LF engines and propellers are Breaking Ground content.

I´m away for one single day, and I totally missed the  LF engines announcement. What an awesome surprise.

On the one hand I want all the 1.7.3 features right now. On the other hand... If you magnificent people insist on adding more and more stuff to it, it would be rude to hold you back . ;) (Wrong emoji. :confused: There, Kerbal watching rotorblades. Better)

1 hour ago, nestor said:

LF engines and propellers are Breaking Ground content.

Thanks for clarifying! Might be a good idea to clearly label previews as being either DLC exclusive or not in the future so one knows which is the case. Any case I bought breaking ground on about day 1, so I look forward to these new options!

Edit: oooh I see, the high res version was labeled! Got cut off in the forum. Still, wouldn't hurt to put in title.

Edited by Dirt The Space Dirt Fox

3 hours ago, Anth12 said:

BG. it shows it in the picture

look at the high res version where it isnt cut off

No, looks like the propeller blades have a twist built in at the base, while the helicopter blades are flat. Doesn't completely rule out the possibility of variable pitch though.

Edited by Paaaad

2 hours ago, Paaaad said:

No, looks like the propeller blades have a twist built in at the base, while the helicopter blades are flat. Doesn't completely rule out the possibility of variable pitch though.

I'm seeing the exact same rotor-like end on all of the blades. I don't see why they'd put that on a blade and make it not rotate, when on another blade it does.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.