KSP Loading... Preview: Improvements to PAW Sliders

St4rdust

24 minutes ago, Nightside said:

In the olden days # was the symbol for “number”. 

We called it a “number sign” - not a “hashtag”.

Really?  ...is THAT what you thought I meant?

"Non-intuitive" in the sense that my expectation was that I would just double-click the slider and have the option to edit the number... as you might intuitively expect based on the way about every other application with similar features has incorporated such a thing over the last couple decades... perhaps even stretching as far back as ye olden days.

I can live with hitting the button, now that I know it's there.  I didn't even notice it was there, til someone pointed it out in a comment on one of my videos.

Edited by XLjedi

Just now, XLjedi said:

"Non-intuitive" in the sense that my expectation was that I would just double-click the slider and have the option to edit the number... as you might intuitively expect based on the way about every other application with similar features has incorporated such a thing.

I can live with hitting the button, now that I know it's there.  I didn't even notice it was there, til someone pointed it out in a comment on one of my videos.

Hey, I only just learned yesterday that people now consider it rude to put punctuation in texts/tweets

But yeah, I agree it is not the best UI. Based on hearing modders complain, I gather Unity is challenging to work with in that regard. Pretty crazy that the game engine can make a working solar system, but the UI is right out of Windows 98.

1 minute ago, Nightside said:

Hey, I only just learned yesterday that people now consider it rude to put punctuation in texts/tweets

But yeah, I agree it is not the best UI. Based on hearing modders complain, I gather Unity is challenging to work with in that regard. Pretty crazy that the game engine can make a working solar system, but the UI is right out of Windows 98.

Bah... kids these days... they all prefer to spell with single letters anyway.  Punctuation is rude, cause they don't know what the symbols mean and they think number signs are hashtags.   LOL!

As I said, though...  I'm just relieved to have a way to enter a value in a textbox.  I don't care if I have to click on a Jeb smiley face in orbit around a popup window.

23 hours ago, XLjedi said:

"Non-intuitive" in the sense that my expectation was that I would just double-click the slider and have the option to edit the number... as you might intuitively expect based on the way about every other application with similar features has incorporated such a thing over the last couple decades... perhaps even stretching as far back as ye olden days.

Oh, the GIMP style interfatc? Too many times I click on it and messed up the numbers

23 hours ago, Nightside said:

Rude to use... punctuation? *facepalm* But a well-placed comma can completely change the meaning of a sentence! Yeah, I know, that's an edge case.

But having to click the pound key is as good an implementation as any. Too bad it doesn't work for resource transfer...

17 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Rude to use... punctuation? *facepalm* But a well-placed comma can completely change the meaning of a sentence! Yeah, I know, that's an edge case.

But having to click the pound key is as good an implementation as any. Too bad it doesn't work for resource transfer...

You trying to insult me with those asterisks??? 

18 hours ago, Jestersage said:

Oh, the GIMP style interfatc? Too many times I click on it and messed up the numbers

Well sorta, GIMP is bad too...  Should be double-click only and why on earth I click into a GIMP slider and it doesn't automatically auto-select the ENTIRE NUMBER VALUE just boggles the mind.  Yeah, no really, my intention was to add my value input of 100 right there in the middle of the 107 slider value to jack it up to 110,007.  Thanks GIMP!  LOL

Edited by XLjedi

• 2 weeks later...

I too welcome the addition of text entry, though it highlights something else.
When you do get your angle, or something else, on the value you want using the slider and go to text entry, you can see your value is not as exact. 90 degrees becomes 90.003 for instance. It makes me wonder what else may be "misaligned" though perhaps the error is negligible.

Is there any way to have this feature also affect the fuel flow priority number?  There have been times that I have had to adjust that number by 20-40 points on multiple objects, which is tedious, especially if you have the audacity to change staging and the (rather stupid) auto-staging algorithm goes nuts.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

this is old I already have this but never use it however I see how some people may enjoy having direct value imputs

This is for KSP 1.7.3 (The current version), everyone has it. You commented on a 1.7.3 thread that's 4 months old. This isn't for 1.8. 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.