Crashes while computing intercepts

Since getting the new update / Breaking Ground, I've run into a strange error from time to time.  When it happens, the game just crashes to desktop - no error message or anything.  

I've noticed it only happens when I'm trying to rendezvous with a target, and I think it only happens when I use the rendezvous tab on the new maneuver editor.  

The end of the log file is full of zillions of lines of this:

CheckEncounter: failed to find any intercepts at all

Which sounds like it corroborates my hypothesis about rendezvous problems.

Mods: KER, KAC, Transfer Window Planner, SimpleFuelSwitch.  I thought for a bit that it was related to PreciseManeuver so I uninstalled that, but no luck.

Tried to verify local files via Steam, but that did not help.

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide!

Log file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sNRmYmyQ2npHM_i2w3yFbW9FojWO3J30

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

In response to schwank, I tried lowering conics all the way down to 2 and that didn't fix the problem either. I then removed the maneuvers all together while already executing one and focused view on Jool. As soon as my conic moved into an orange line within the Jool system, the crast to desktop still occurred. At this point, I'm going with the notion that this is not a fault on my own, and is just a bug with the game. The developers of KSP did not start right in the beginning anyway and it was never rebuilt from the ground up to help fix all the many bugs it has but I look forward to KSP2 which is developed from scratch by more experienced developers.

As for the workaround to my problem right now, I'll just cut engines, use the cheat to set orbit around Pol, and discard any parts that should have been tossed during the transit. The Cheat menu can be access with Left Shift+Alt+F12. Because the Shift is used to increase your thruster, you may need to cut engines before use.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.