Is there any detailed photos\blueprints regardless Space Shuttle's RCS placement?

I'm trying to build a Space Shuttle replica. Again. But this time i'd like to make it comparatively realistic in terms of look, the problem is that the only photos or blueprints I found mentioned only nose RCS (three for pitching down, three for thrusting backwards, four on left & right for yaw control) or 2 thrusters at the back near each OMS engines for thrusting forward. Is it really how shuttle was controlled? I'm curious why is the yaw controls placed only on the nose then and none of them are on the tail side or at least near it. And also i'm still missing on the pitching up RCS entirely, there are some photos with heatshield exposed, but it's unclear if there are any thrusters at all.

Edited by Actually_New_KSP_Player

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

It's kinda weird as to why googling "space shuttle orbital maneuvering system" gives you a better look at the RCS rather than "space shuttle rcs" which helped me to see yaw and pitch ones at the back, but it still doesn't answer the question "is that it?". Most of the drawings here are useless too since they represent completely different systems and instead of being rude via posting the link to a billion pics you could have just linked one or two and saying something like "rcs is placed here, here and here and that's about it".

1 hour ago, Reactordrone said:

As for pitch up, two of the RCS units on each side of the nose are pointing downwards to provide nose up pitch.

True, those are sneaky ones.

Edited by Actually_New_KSP_Player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_orbiter#Attitude_control_system

Gives an overview of how many thrusters there are and roughly where. 44 total, comprising 14 primaries and 2 verniers in the nose, and 12 primaries and 2 verniers in each OMS pod. The verniers were mainly used for docking.

There's also a good picture of the nose https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Shuttle_front_RCS.jpg

The oval openings are thrusters firing at an angle, that's how the pitch-up and aft translation thrusters were done, while the round openings are the same size thrusters but firing straight out. The small hole just forward of the pitch-up thrusters is one of the verniers.

EDIT PS: Keep in mind that for attitude control, your RCS doesn't have to be in balanced pairs. If it's not then you'll end up with a linear thrust when you're turning, but in orbit all you need is a little pulse to start you turning and another to stop you in your new orientation so the linear effect can be minimal, while during re-entry the aerodynamic forces will soon dominate in affecting the trajectory. For docking that's where it becomes important to control both translation and rotation, but real life spacecraft take docking very carefully and can probably deal with an unbalanced RCS system.

Edited by cantab

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.