[1.12.x] Dynamic Battery Storage: electrical/thermal planning and timewarp compensation (August 11)

Nertea

Bug Report: (minor)

The Current-meter (power flow) on the left in the NF dynamic battery storage menue does not actualize to zero if you cut off an engine with alternator by pressing X. It still shows a positive energy balance, even if a electrical powering rocket engine is shut down.

Testcase: shoot up a rocket without static solarpanels, rtgs etc. Reach space, cutoff engine (press x), watch the power-flow-o-meter in the menue. It should go to zero. Instead it still shows the full powerflow from the engine. Set thrust again to 50% and then press x. The powerflow value in the menue freezes at 50% of the engines alternator power flow. Playing with the monitoring toggles do not change the before mentioned behavior.

@Nertea

KSP-Version 1.11.2

Not a complaint, just a help for development.

Edited by Rakete

• 1 month later...

So at this moment, DBS doesn't make use of the toolbar mod (first made by Blizzy78, now maintained by linuxgurugamer).

I wanted to ask if that is a feature that is either

• planned for some future release.
  • a stretch goal too far-flung for anything more then a 'probably not'.
  • a won't-do on principle, even if somebody else was to offer a pull request to make it so.

11 hours ago, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

So at this moment, DBS doesn't make use of the toolbar mod (first made by Blizzy78, now maintained by linuxgurugamer).

I wanted to ask if that is a feature that is either

• planned for some future release.
  • a stretch goal too far-flung for anything more then a 'probably not'.
  • a won't-do on principle, even if somebody else was to offer a pull request to make it so.

@NerteaIf you would be willing to accept a PR (and two dependencies), I'd be happy to do the ToolbarController code for you

DBS 2.2.5

• Improvements to solar altitude fields (yalov)
  • Support for Surface Mounted Lights (yalov)
  • Hide internal antennas that don't use power (yalov)

Many improvements by yalov, really, I'm not doing crap :P. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2020 at 4:23 AM, dlrk said:

a bunch of NREs are created(

: Multiple ModuleCryoTank nodes found with identical or no moduleName)

Somehow I stumbled at that error yesterday.
I have it when both Talisar Spherical Tanks and Nertea's Cryo Tanks are installed. Spherical Tanks mod is pretty much dead and this thread is the only place whith informtion. So mind me for a second =)
I checked my save file content and found out that there are two ModuleCryoTank nodes  for Talisar tanks.
And as far as I can understand, I can fix it  if I delete ModuleFuelTanks section from tank configs. This one to be exact:

https://imgur.com/a/nEqIURB

I don't use Modular Fuel Tanks so I'm ok with deleting this section.
I want to do it whit MM patch, but I'm a bit stupid and tired, so I can't figure out how to remove modules from configs.

Can you help me guys?

---
Nevermind. There were not so many parts in that old mod. I deletd MFT sections manualy.

Edited by SuppaTenko

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 12:11 AM, SuppaTenko said:

Somehow I stumbled at that error yesterday.
I have it when both Talisar Spherical Tanks and Nertea's Cryo Tanks are installed. Spherical Tanks mod is pretty much dead and this thread is the only place whith informtion. So mind me for a second =)
I checked my save file content and found out that there are two ModuleCryoTank nodes  for Talisar tanks.
And as far as I can understand, I can fix it  if I delete ModuleFuelTanks section from tank configs. This one to be exact:

https://imgur.com/a/nEqIURB

I don't use Modular Fuel Tanks so I'm ok with deleting this section.
I want to do it whit MM patch, but I'm a bit stupid and tired, so I can't figure out how to remove modules from configs.

Can you help me guys?

---
Nevermind. There were not so many parts in that old mod. I deletd MFT sections manualy.

It is very likely that the only mod uses the old way of configuring CT. You can probably fix it by looking at the tank configs, comparing them to the ones that come with CryoTanks, and adjusting to match.

I did try to edit the config file to add the wind turbines in the planet side mod 

But it only ruined it all together since it seems the power generation with the turbines are very different to the reactors in Near Future mods. I could send the config file but I should probably ask the author first.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:03 PM, Apollo 13 said:

I did try to edit the config file to add the wind turbines in the planet side mod 

But it only ruined it all together since it seems the power generation with the turbines are very different to the reactors in Near Future mods. I could send the config file but I should probably ask the author first.

Yes they use a custom module so it would have to be coded for.

• 5 months later...
On 12/13/2019 at 4:46 PM, Nertea said:

Minor update - 2.1.2

• Mod is now fully disabled when Kerbalism is installed (thanks SirMortimer)
  • Corrected units in solar altitude display
  • Added Chinese localization (tinygrox)

Hello,

sorry for a maybe stupid question, but does this mean, that the Nertea mods that are depending on this mod, will work with this mod disabled, if Kerbalism is installed or are then all the Nertea mods disabled?

Sorry, if I annoy someone with this question, it's just, that I love Nertea mods and I like the functions of Kerbalism.

Maybe someone did try this out or someone tested this.

@Sir Mortimer?

• 2 months later...

It seems there is still a bug present where that, when the game tries to autosave, it results in a sudden and momentary depletion of electricity while at timewarp. This is annoying on some vessels, but downright catastrophic when something like antimatter tanks are included (i.e. vessel goes boom!). (ADD: Note this could be either this mod or it could be the related but different Near Future Electrical - I'm not sure.)

Edited by shimmy00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Nertea, I'm getting constant NRE spam apparently from DBS whenever i fly a manned vehicle (Not probes ).

Module DischargeCapacitor threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.get_CurrentCharge () [0x00025] in <81c4957bdce64bef809a1ac06ed71d14>:0
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00204] in <81c4957bdce64bef809a1ac06ed71d14>:0
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x000bd] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0  
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

I haven't got any capacitors on any of my craft, so I'm not sure why this would be being called.

Modlist

4Gijl2L.jpg

Logs and MM cache :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bnhngz1ptaw9zx/KSP Logs.zip?dl=0

The only mods that directly touch electrics as far as I know are ODFC and TAC-LS.

Log spam starts at line 135530

I've noticed that only the Mk1 and Mk1-3 command pods have a discharge rate slider. (and of course they're the only ones I've used so far :))

Edited by Ravlain
More information

On 9/8/2022 at 11:06 AM, Ravlain said:

Hi @Nertea, I'm getting constant NRE spam apparently from DBS whenever i fly a manned vehicle (Not probes ).

Module DischargeCapacitor threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.get_CurrentCharge () [0x00025] in <81c4957bdce64bef809a1ac06ed71d14>:0
  at NearFutureElectrical.DischargeCapacitor.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00204] in <81c4957bdce64bef809a1ac06ed71d14>:0
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x000bd] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0  
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

I haven't got any capacitors on any of my craft, so I'm not sure why this would be being called.

Modlist

4Gijl2L.jpg

Logs and MM cache :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bnhngz1ptaw9zx/KSP Logs.zip?dl=0

The only mods that directly touch electrics as far as I know are ODFC and TAC-LS.

Log spam starts at line 135530

I've noticed that only the Mk1 and Mk1-3 command pods have a discharge rate slider. (and of course they're the only ones I've used so far :))

Something put a badly configured DischargeCapacitor module (part of Near Future Electrical) in those parts, which broke them, which in turn broke this mod.

Likely it is ODFC. I seem to recall some kind of similar bug ages ago with it. 

• 7 months later...

Hi,

It seems like KSPIE module Interstellar Solar Generator isn't patched by your mod, thus not allowing its very handy Ec time warp feature working...
Do you know how I could make a compatibility patch ?
yuORQl6.png

Thanks for your help :)

Peace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.