[1.12.x] Dynamic Battery Storage: electrical/thermal planning and timewarp compensation (August 11)

Nertea

I see, thanks. Reason I asked, I happened to send a probe to Eeloo, part of it was a satellite with probe core, ScanSat parts, and just enough RTGs to satisfy all EC requirements for scanning. On paper at least it was. Turned out, I was 0.05 EC short :( 

With this mod, I could have avoided this, I thought, but as I said earlier, I couldn't find the respective consumers, hence I asked :) 

2 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

I see, thanks. Reason I asked, I happened to send a probe to Eeloo, part of it was a satellite with probe core, ScanSat parts, and just enough RTGs to satisfy all EC requirements for scanning. On paper at least it was. Turned out, I was 0.05 EC short :( 

With this mod, I could have avoided this, I thought, but as I said earlier, I couldn't find the respective consumers, hence I asked :) 

I believe some work on my and on their side is needed for ScanSat to be compatible. However, I looked and I don't actually think the stock scanners use EC at all so there should be no issue there. 

18 hours ago, Nertea said:

I believe some work on my and on their side is needed for ScanSat to be compatible. However, I looked and I don't actually think the stock scanners use EC at all so there should be no issue there. 

Stock scanners are ScanSat scanners - ScanScat patches the scanning capability into them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just out of quick curiosity, how much might this this mod's calculations and caching slow down load times (for the VAB or in general) on a midrange CPU?

EDIT: Nevermind, this information is readily available through the timestamps in the KSP.log file. Thanks for the mod!

Edited by nwillard

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, there some kind of issue with this mod, CryoTanks and the 1.8.1 recompile of B9ProceduralWings where a bunch of NREs are created(

: Multiple ModuleCryoTank nodes found with identical or no moduleName). It can be fixed pretty easily by deleting the B9ProceduralWings patch CFG in CryoTanks.

15 hours ago, dlrk said:

FYI, there some kind of issue with this mod, CryoTanks and the 1.8.1 recompile of B9ProceduralWings where a bunch of NREs are created(

: Multiple ModuleCryoTank nodes found with identical or no moduleName). It can be fixed pretty easily by deleting the B9ProceduralWings patch CFG in CryoTanks.

The perils of user submitted patches. I guess there is some way that the tanks are getting patched that is not in that file now.

Would be nice if you could drop a MM cache/log here so I can investigate.

59 minutes ago, Nertea said:

The perils of user submitted patches. I guess there is some way that the tanks are getting patched that is not in that file now.

Would be nice if you could drop a MM cache/log here so I can investigate.

I'll do that when I get home. Didn't before because it seemed harmless to remove the patch.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:23 PM, dlrk said:

Well now I feel a bit guilty - I contributed that patch, back in the day. 

Do you have ModularFuelTanks? I've never played with it so I neglected to include a check for it in my patch. It's possible that's how there are two ModuleCryoTank nodes being applied there.

It's not totally easy to debug but:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks]

The MFT patch will do this, which will add the Cryo module to all parts that use MFT (of which I assume B9PW is one). This patch operates AFTER the B9PW patch....

@PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeA,Proceduralwing*]:NEEDS[CryoTanks]

This will have already added a copy of the module. The first patch needs to check for the existence of the cryo module before adding it. 

• 1 month later...

DBS is throwing NREs in the VAB/SPH when Signal Delay

is installed and an antenna is part of my vessel.

Here is my player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jryfyozt8nf45v/Player.log?dl=0 

(An output log is  not being generated). This was with DBS verbose logging enabled. Thanks. My guess is that Signal Delay's antenna telemetry usage is confusing DBS.

I

Edited by dlrk

17 hours ago, dlrk said:

DBS is throwing NREs in the VAB/SPH when Signal Delay

is installed and an antenna is part of my vessel.

Here is my player.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jryfyozt8nf45v/Player.log?dl=0 

(An output log is  not being generated). This was with DBS verbose logging enabled. Thanks. My guess is that Signal Delay's antenna telemetry usage is confusing DBS.

I

There is an open issue in that repo that says "Add DBS support" so...

I looked into it anyways for you and i found that possibly there is an issue with the patch Garwel submitted to me. You can try changing the line here though:

https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/DynamicBatteryStorage/blob/master/GameData/DynamicBatteryStorage/DynamicBatteryStorageSettings.cfg#L478

I think it's supposed to be ecRate, not ecCRate.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bug report: the CalculatePanelScalar() function in UISolarPanelManager.cs is incorrect, as it assumes solar power drops off as an inverse and not as an inverse square. This leads to unusual results like the electrical panel in the VAB suggesting that solar efficiency is ~20% around Jool, when in reality it is closer to ~4% (the square of the falsely reported value).

23 hours ago, gtetr2 said:

Bug report: the CalculatePanelScalar() function in UISolarPanelManager.cs is incorrect, as it assumes solar power drops off as an inverse and not as an inverse square. This leads to unusual results like the electrical panel in the VAB suggesting that solar efficiency is ~20% around Jool, when in reality it is closer to ~4% (the square of the falsely reported value).

Oof, thanks, I'll fix that math typo.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.