Deployed Mystery Goo SPAM

I have Deployed Mystery Goo science thingies deployed on the Mun and Minmus. They've been working fine. They reported back every day or whatever with 8 or 16 science. Cool.

Upgrade to 1.7.3 - and at the same time, replaced the solar panels with RTGs, and redeployed the science thingies with a better scientist.

Now I'm SPAMmed every 5 minutes with Goo reports for a tiny fraction of a point of science. The Minmus one reports twice every 5 minutes.

Any advice?

Thanks

Edit: Mistake. Each Mystery Goo is making one report every 5 minutes. The Ion thingy is also reporting every five minutes.

Edit 2: It might be every 20 minutes. Still, way too often.

Edited by ThreeMartiniLaunch

same problem... wish there was a setting for how often it should send a ping with science... I.e. send science every period of time or send when amount of science points is collected ... because I set up 3 simple deployed science sets (control,power,goo) on Kerbin in different biomes for some passive science collection while I work on other things that aren't science centered.. but I didn't expect to get spammed with notifications every few minutes that my stuff produced 0.001 science and to pile up to where I now have 500 notifications for it because I time warped 15 (kerbin) days to get to a maneuver node... won't be so bad if I could just mass delete ...but i have to click each one ... hope a fix comes quick... or even a simple mod.

Same here. One ~3 hour time warp yielded roughly 2400 messages coming from several Goo and Seismograph experiments. I couldn't even open the message window to delete them (got a busy cursor icon for several seconds, and then the window didn't open); had to edit the save file directly. Basically, until it's fixed the game is unplayable for me. 

• 1 month later...

Ridiculous. Still not patched. I feel like after deploying that ground science stuff I started getting some other issues too. Like several seconds freeze to switch from ship to map view. Not sure if related to Breaking Ground, 1.7.3 update or some mod though.

I think these should transmit their data less frequently and have a single message for all your deployed science.

It should not display to screen either, just to the listing.

I think that as little as every 2 (in-game) hours should be frequent enough.

There should be an option to turn off notifications altogether.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.