Target icon missing during docking

12 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

This is a dumb question, but what exactly is "tap view?"

We are talking about xbox console controllers here, so "tap" means push one of the 8 or 9 buttons on the controller but don't hold it down, and "view" is the name printed on the button. LB/RB + means "hold down the left or right bumper too" which is the button above the triggers.

You may be playing on a PS4, however, and the buttons there are labeled differently.

What console are you running, and what button preset?

Edited by bewing

59 minutes ago, bewing said:

OK, I believe "view" is the button that current controllers show with an image of two little overlapping windows.

Well, I tried it and it didn't work. LB + view didn't do anything, while RB + view turned off GUI. LB + RB + view toggled the map.

What now?

5 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

Well, I tried it and it didn't work. LB + view didn't do anything, while RB + view turned off GUI. LB + RB + view toggled the map.

What now?

Looked it up. According to the old binding info, it only worked in the Cursor preset. So go into the Minisettings, temporarily flip to the Cursor preset, back out of Minisettings, then LB + view (which should turn on the "Ship markers"), then back into the Minisettings to switch back to your Radial preset.

2 hours ago, bewing said:

Looked it up. According to the old binding info, it only worked in the Cursor preset. So go into the Minisettings, temporarily flip to the Cursor preset, back out of Minisettings, then LB + view (which should turn on the "Ship markers"), then back into the Minisettings to switch back to your Radial preset.

I'll try this tomorrow since the rest of my day is filled up. Thanks for all your help!

17 hours ago, bewing said:

I tried again and it didn't work. I tried decoupling two pods, then I pressed LB + view. Unless I'm doing something wrong, it hasn't worked. I also tried planting a flag, but that didn't work, either. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.