Mechjeb2 Cant clear landing location

DareDrop

Mechjeb2 Cant clear landing location.

I'm lander on Menmus and want to take of and land at another spot.  I launch and then start the Landing Guidance function, pick and spot to land and it is not able to clear the old spot.

CANT CLEAR THE OLD LANDING SPOT?????

Do I really need to go all the way back up into orbit to land somewhere else??

Thanks

Sorry post wrong spot cant kill

Edited by DareDrop

@DareDrop The only way I've been able to use the landing autopilot while on a suborbital trajectory is to just hit Land Anywhere button and that should still work. It's just going to brake and land based on your current trajectory. It won't try to navigate to another landing site once you are suborbital.

Moved to Add-on Discussion, as we are not releasing a mod, but discussing one.  Please, do not jump down the throat of other members, especially newer ones, regardless of their join date.  They may not know our customs and culture yet to know where to post certain questions.  A gentle nudge is fine, but being rude about it is not.   As such, some posts have been removed. 

@DareDrop it is often best to ask within the mod release thread itself, as there are often many users of that mod to answers questions.  If you do not get the answer you are looking for here, try in the MJ thread itself.   :D

Strangely I'm able to use the MJ landing assist for biome-hopping just fine.  Strip-mined Minmus just a few days ago using this technique.

This is how I do it personally:

1. While still landed, select your new destination using the landing guidance 'select target' function.
  2. Manually loft yourself onto a trajectory that gets you somewhat close to the target
  3. Wait until near or just after AP
  4. Press the 'land at target' button on the landing guidance window.
  5. MJ will perform a course correction, and then initiate suicide-burn mode.

Now.. I should also mention that I'm using a slightly older version of MJ.  Not sure precisely how old it is (prob. from KSP 1.6 era?), but it still appears to function.  Perhaps something has changed in recent MJ versions that breaks this workflow?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.