Reviving a mod

Ryan_Coates

First, sometime when you download a mod you need to accept conditions, like to not reproduce the mod. If it does, you can't upload it. If the mod is a compiled plugin, i dont think you can update it yourself because you would need the Unity file but if its a part mod you can update the configs like this 

PART
{
	name = fuelTankSmallFlat //This MUST be unique!!!
	module = Part
	author = Squad
	mesh = model.mu	//This is case sensitive, and assumed the config is in the same folder as your .mu
	rescaleFactor = 1.0 // default is 1.25 Use at your discretion.
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1 //this defines a stack node. See Note below.
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
	node_attach = 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0 //this is the surface attachment node.
	TechRequired = basicRocketry //defined the tech node
	entryCost = 1200
	cost = 150
	category = FuelTank //Only certain categories are pre-defined. Be careful to choose one of them.
	subcategory = 0
	title = FL-T100 Fuel Tank //This is what appears in the editor tool tip box
	manufacturer = Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
	description = The T100 is a miniature fuel tank made to be even more adorable than its bigger brother, the T200. Handle stoically and with care.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0 // attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
	mass = 0.0625
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2
	crashTolerance = 6
	maxTemp = 2000
	breakingForce = 50 //how much force before the joint breaks
	breakingTorque = 50 //how much twisting before the joint breaks
	bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf //part size for sorting in the editor. Does not affect part physics.

//PART MODULES AND RESOURCE DEFINITIONS GO HERE
}

Also there is a tutorial how to make an asset from start to finish on the KSP Wiki if you need it https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Making_an_asset_from_start_to_finish

But usually outdated parts mod still working, I installed FASA for 1.0.5 and it worked for 1.7.3, I just needed to remove the reflection plugin.

2 hours ago, Ryan_Coates said:

So I want to revive all the USI mod by RoverDude and fix it and update it. I tried message him no answer. Is there anything i have to allow or do?

You might want to let @RoverDude know about it, because I don't think he's abandoned his mods. I'm using a few just fine on 1.7.3.

Yes I'd be interested in what mod you are referencing.  I don't know of any of his mods that he has left behind.  Now he has taken some mods and integrated them into other mods, but I don't know of any he has abandoned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.