I made this mobile base a while back that could take seven kerbals along Eeloo's surface and get some sweet science points.

w2sCt7T.jpg

As small as the base itself is, the delivery craft has the delta-V to make it all the way to Eeloo and safely land the rover on the surface. All I need to do is get some scientists to process the data gathered on Eeloo, and we're cooking.*

* ironic since Eeloo is practically a giant snowball.

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/Mars-Bound_Hokie/Eeloo-Mini-Mobile-Base

(Also comes with cargo slots)

Edited by Mars-Bound Hokie
Craft file

Nice one! The craft in the distance is the scy crane? Would you please give as some screenshot of Rover deployment (aka landing and seperation)?

Which purpose has the narrow band scanner? You don't have an ISRU If I didn't miss something. Just looking cool (that's a good reason actually)?

Regards, Jost

1 minute ago, jost said:

Which purpose has the narrow band scanner? You don't have an ISRU If I didn't miss something. Just looking cool (that's a good reason actually)?

You're right, I don't have an ISRU (or a drill or ore tank, for that matter). However, besides it looking cool, I can get:

• Planet and biome
    • Can be useful in screenshots as proof I'm in, let's say, Eeloo's midlands or Dres' craters or something.
  • Coordinates
    • Though decimal; I can get minutes and seconds with MJ
  • Ore concentration
  • Kerbnet access
    • Can also mark down good landing spots for vehicles with ISRU.

7 minutes ago, jost said:

Nice one! The craft in the distance is the scy crane?

It's pretty straightforward, actually. The booster is attached to the rear of the mobile base, then I decouple it from the booster upon landing. I just need to land the base on its wheels, or else it's toast.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.