New Suit for DLC 3

What kind of space suit would you like to see added in the third DLC?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of space suit would you like to see added in the third DLC?

• Star Trek TOS style environmental suit
    • Star Trek ENT/TNG style enviromental suit
    • Armageddon Movie style suit
    • Sunshine style suit
    • Sci-Fi military space suits
    • For Custom Answers, leave a comment below

There's a lot of talk about what DLC 3 should be about, but I haven't seen any talk about what the suits should be, or at least I haven't seen any because I might be blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. 

So, we've gotten a suit for each new DLC thus far. 
Making History - Soviet Era suits
Breaking Ground - A SciFi suit resembling the suit from The Martian. 

So what design should DLC 3 suit be? And yes, I realize that spacesuits all start to look alike at some point, but there are still plenty of other suits that can be made.

A few of my suggestions: 
Star Trek TOS style environmental suit - Sure people would love to have some nostalgia
Star Trek ENT/TNG style suit - Basically the helmet was the only bulky part and the rest of the suit was body thin. 
Armageddon Movie style suit -  Miners in space, plus the suits had more of a bubble helmet (more than 180 degree view) instead of a visor style helmet (Limited to 180 degrees at best)
Sunshine style suit - Heavy, bulky, made for protection against heat from the sun, up to a certain point. Since heat was added to the game, a functional space suit to protect kerbals in low Solar orbit would be nice, and this design would certainly serve that purpose. 
Sci-Fi military space suits - I call it military because it seems to be the basic design of military sci-fi space suits. Lightly armored, with a small visored helmet which basically only gives about 50 degrees of view, aka, right in front of you. 

What are some of your desired space suits canonical, conceptual, or otherwise? 

57 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I wouldn't mind a suit with the old 50's style bubble helmet.

I also wouldn't mind a helmet a bit closer to Kerbal head size. I know it's iconic but I think it'd be nice :D

When you say bubble helmet, do you mean those like literal fish bowls as helmets you would see in most sci-fi shows? 

12 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I wouldn't mind a suit with the old 50's style bubble helmet.

I also wouldn't mind a helmet a bit closer to Kerbal head size. I know it's iconic but I think it'd be nice :D

Same here though It will probably look pretty weird. Maybe too weird. I'd have to actually see it though.

While I wouldn't say no to an Expanse-type "ruggedised" Vac-suit, I'm liking the idea of the bubble helmet with a little spire on the top now, for kitschy pulp scifi style and so we can look at something besides the back of a kerbal helmet when walking on the Mun.

1 hour ago, Loskene said:

While I wouldn't say no to an Expanse-type "ruggedised" Vac-suit, I'm liking the idea of the bubble helmet with a little spire on the top now, for kitschy pulp scifi style and so we can look at something besides the back of a kerbal helmet when walking on the Mun.

The expanse is so great.

I chose the military option, since i'm a huge fan of starship troopers.

source.gif

3 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Would you like to know more?

I'd like to know what happened to the movie they were making of the novel that I heard about two decades ago, cause I've never seen any movie based on it.

2 minutes ago, razark said:

I'd like to know what happened to the movie they were making of the novel that I heard about two decades ago, cause I've never seen any movie based on it.

Nope, you saw an amazing, misunderstood satire film that happens to have the same name.  Both the books and movie are great.  They're just different entities.

...but that's neither here nor there.

Edited by klgraham1013

spaceaboveandbeyond.jpg?w=1000&ssl=1

Anyone remember this show? Would have to be one of my all-time sci-fi classics.

Space: Above and Beyond

I votes for sci-fi military XD

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

Nope, you saw an amazing, misunderstood satire film that happens to have the same name.  Both the books and movie are great.  They're just different entities.

...but that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, Heinlein's novel is life-changing and the movies are a fun watch.

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

Both the books and movie are great.

I was not prepared for the movie, having read the book.  One of these days, I'm going to have to rewatch the movie, but I would still like to see an adaptation by someone who's read it, too.

57 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

Anyone remember this show?

Another decent sci-fi show killed off during it's first season by a certain network.  Some good parts, some bad, and some outright silly, but overall I liked it enough to own the DVDs.

12 hours ago, razark said:

I was not prepared for the movie, having read the book.  One of these days, I'm going to have to rewatch the movie, but I would still like to see an adaptation by someone who's read it, too.

the funny thing about the movie is when you see what the director was trying to portray but understand the context of the novel. The movie does "accidentally" get a few things right and they usually fly in the face of what the director was trying to say 

17 hours ago, kerbiloid said:
  Hide contents

Firefly.jpg

P.S.
And please, Kerbal eyes a little up, otherwise they don't match the Gemini windows.

It's my understanding that the federation troopers reused the starship troopers armor. I'm not sure where the firefly crew got their suit from.

Edited by SlinkyMcman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.