Behold the KSP-HOTASABBAK Controller (Kerbal Space Program - Hands on Throttle and Stick and Button Box and Keyboard), just in time for the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.

MelkorsGreatestHits

xcFIQt7_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fBehold the KSP-HOTASABBAK Controller (Kerbal Space Program - Hands on Throttle and Stick and Button Box and Keyboard), just in time for the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.

Full Imgur album link: https://imgur.com/a/8uzr5yu

After a project about a month ago, I ended up with an extra USB controller board sitting around unused and that wouldn't do. So I decided to make another thing. 

This USB controller is inspired by Apollo and early Space Shuttle-era NASA. It's housed in a TI-99/4A case and retains the mechanical keyboard from that unit. 

It has:

>4 axes

>22 gamepad/joystick buttons

>lights

>beeping alarms

>a functional keyboard (also via the USB)

Click the link above for a tour, build walk through, and a couple of videos of it in action.

Edited by MelkorsGreatestHits
Bad link

You know that gif where Chris Pratt is playing the office guy on TV and he smiles big and looks at the camera?

Imagine I posted that, since I got in trouble last time I just posted a reaction gif with no words on it.

A Kerbal-worthy monstrosit, and wow, a TI-99...

My one suggestion would be to rename it KSP-HOTASABBAKFTSABRSAWWMMANM Controller (Kerbal Space Program - Hands on Throttle and Stick and Button Box and Keyboard) for Flying Through Space, Air and Beyond and Rovering the Surface As Well, With Many More Applications Not Mentioned,

Because, if you’re going for a gluttonous abbreviation, why not go all the way?

3 hours ago, MelkorsGreatestHits said:

It's housed in a TI-99/4A case

Wow, I haven't heard that mentioned in ages, that was my first computer.  Wonderful job on the controller!!!

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Considering my favorite game on the TI-99 was Parsec,

That was one of my favorites too.

The Retro Computers enthusiast inside me is screaming desperately :D

(And yeah - I have a working TI99 myself - with speech and a MiniPEB!)

the KSP enthusiast is trying to shout "Kudos" over the screaming. :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.