What Features in .17 are you most exited for? (Poll)

Rocket_man

What .17 feature are you MOST exited for?  

1. 1. What .17 feature are you MOST exited for?

• New Planets
    • New Moons
    • Internal Veiws
    • New Skybox

I haven't been following the .17 development close enough I guess...what is "Skybox?"

New Space background, and improved atmosphere/effects of atmosphere, as in colors I think. And I'm with Softweir, I love everything about every update, and this one is no exception :)

New Space background, and improved atmosphere/effects of atmosphere, as in colors I think. And I'm with Softweir, I love everything about every update, and this one is no exception :)

It would be awesome if they added clouds and weather. OR better when youmgo through the clouds they move :D

What is Skybox?

It's the sky's texture basically. I was into shooting these when I was real into Linux and heavily personalized desktops, I'd shoot panoramas in neat locations and stitch the images into a skybox for Beryl's 3D desktop. You can see the new skybox in this 0.17 video.

It would be awesome if they added clouds and weather. OR better when youmgo through the clouds they move :D

Bad weather would be neat too, like having to adjust your reentry to avoid a storm. I think it'll be neat when there are cities all over the planet and you have to mind your debris more.

Edited by Arkasai

New moons = epic (on the same level of awesome as the new planets tbh)

New skybox will also be exciting to see

IVA's will provide some new awesome opportunities, complementing EVA's nicely (and should be extra-rewarding for all of us into flying spaceplanes around)!

But for me the new planets really take the cake.

To me its a kind of 'multiplier' in terms of the games content. ie when the Mun was added KSP became 2x better in terms of what you had available in the game to explore and enjoy and spend time aiming for. Minimus took KSP to 3x. Every planet or moon in 0.17 will multiply the level of awesome in KSP (including the suns surface) :)

The new skybox is by far the best addition, the new planets are that are par for the course (no offence) and were 'expected' or whatever where as the new skybox is the dev's doing their thing and being awesome decided to give us a hot new space scene and a new sun <3

It sounds like the wierdest thing to do ever but now we technicly have astronomy in the game. Looking up at the newly textured and lush sky someone (not me) can name some of the constilations. The best part of this is the planets that our kerbals will be able to look up at and pick out the planet their friend was so recently KIA and remember them... Now all we need is a teliscope mod/part so we can do this on kerbin but also maybe look up at kerbin from other worlds such as duna, or see a base set up on one of the moons of Jool from an other moon when they pass by.

I just hope the new skybox has enough unique and discernible features to it from one place to another. Even though it sounds silly, I often use the skybox subtle yet clear landmarks to figure out my rocket's directional positioning. If the new skybox turns out to look rich visually but kind of too complicated to make heads or tails of what patch of the sky I'm looking at, I will be sad.

Is it sad to be checking the site and blogs about 4 or 5 times a day just to see if they've released .17 yet?

I can't wait to take the kethane mod and start an outpost on one of the moons of jool. So definitely planets and moons for me.

Although the hope of finally being able to build a somewhat viable (doesn't crash on the runway) spaceplane is a close second.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.