[1.12.x] TAC Fuel Balancer

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had an idea for a future version.

I frequently resupply ships at stations, as my landers and shuttles.

It would be great to have a  mode where instead of having it sorted by resources it would be by ship, so I can quickly load or unload a particular ship.

Thx.

29 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

It would be great to have a  mode where instead of having it sorted by resources it would be by ship, so I can quickly load or unload a particular ship.

Thx.

I like - until then you can do this with SM (Ship Manifest).

On 10/5/2019 at 4:50 AM, Tacombel said:

Thx.

You do know that when a ship docks to a station, it becomes part of the station and loses its identity as a ship?

7 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

Yea, but there is a number that lets us identify the subassemblies and is consistent across tabs. That's what we use to transfer from one ship to another and the filter to classify the different ships by.

So you want it sorted by that subassembly number?

Instead of having a tab for resource with the different containers, it would be a tab per subassembly, with the containers of every type, grouped by container type. Something like

Ship 1  |  Ship 5   |  Ship 7

Oxygen          L H  I O B D -

Rocket           L H  I O B D -

RCS                  L H  I O B D -

Edited by Tacombel

On 10/12/2019 at 11:34 AM, Tacombel said:

Instead of having a tab for resource with the different containers, it would be a tab per subassembly, with the containers of every type, grouped by container type. Something like

Ship 1  |  Ship 5   |  Ship 7

Oxygen          L H  I O B D -

Rocket           L H  I O B D -

RCS                  L H  I O B D -

You keep saying "ship", but a subassembly doesn't have a name.  Of course I could search for command parts and see if I could get it from there, but what if there are two command parts in one subassembly?

Of course I could just call them "Subassembly 1", "Subassembly 2", etc., but that isn't' very helpful

You don't need to search for ships, that is already done. The number in the column that I marked corresponds to the different ships in the station.

In the image above, I have a station, parts belonging to subassembly number 1, and two ships attached, parts belonging to subassemblies 5 and 7. That's why I can select all the rocket tanks in a ship by using alt-click in a part.

As far as I know, the code classifies the parts assuming the ships are separated by docking ports. That would lead to "false positives" because there can be a ship or station that has docking ports inside, but the ship attached to a station will have all its parts correctly classified as, usually, it doesn't have internal docking ports.

20 hours ago, Tacombel said:

You don't need to search for ships, that is already done. The number in the column that I marked corresponds to the different ships in the station.

Ok, so how will you know which subassembly is the Discovery, which is the Enterprise, etc?  In other words, how will you know which number corresponds to a ship?

TAC Fuel Balancer is designed to only have one resource in the window at a time.  To do what you are asking, while I understand the reason behind it, is not inline with the way the mod is written.  While the functionality is similar, I think you would be better served with a new mod. The amount of work required to do what you want is a very significant amount of work and time, neither of which I have a  lot of at this time

If someone would do this work and submit a PR, I'd be happy to include it

Sorry

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, so how will you know which subassembly is the Discovery, which is the Enterprise, etc?  In other words, how will you know which number corresponds to a ship?

The same way that I do it now, using the highlight to identify the correct ship.

4 minutes ago, Tacombel said:

@linuxgurugamer

Thinking about what you said, would it be possible/easy to have a tab called "All" that combines all the resources in one?

Not so clearly, but it would achieve the same result.

No.  The mod deals with one resource at a time, combining multiple on one screen is still a problem

5 hours ago, Tacombel said:

Thinking about what you said, would it be possible/easy to have a tab called "All" that combines all the resources in one?

I know not exactly what you want, but I use Alternate Resource Panel to keep track of things that TAC doesnt exactly do... vOv

Fresh install of KSP 1.7.3, installed mods manually following listed dependencies.

TAC Fuel Balancer doesn't appear in either the Stock or Blizzy toolbar.

Made sure that the TAC and dependencies versions (TAC 2.21.4.1, ToolbarController 0.1.8.1, ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.7.2) are correct, not sure what else to do to make it work..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer, am running KSP 1.8.1 and I am unable to get the game to start when  TAC Fuel Balancer is installed (2.21.5) 

While loading up the game (I am assuming its either MM or Mechjeb or even MADLAD telling me that the dll file is incompatible)

Load screen gets up to loading the Serenity Expansion and then the console slowly gets spammed with the following.

[EXC 20:53:00.646] ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembyList.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    AssemblyLoader.GetPathByType (System.Type type) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    AT_Utils.PluginState.get_config (System.Type object_type) (at <06fc2bb492054b45919a0c96aa2441ac>:0)
    AT_Utils.PluginState.SaveState (System.Object obj, System.String basename) (at <06fc2bb492054b45919a0c96aa2441ac>:0)
    AT_Utils.AddonWindowBase`1+<>c[T].<Awake>b__12_0 () (at <06fc2bb492054b45919a0c96aa2441ac>:0)
    AT_Utils.ActionDamper.Run (System.Action action) (at <06fc2bb492054b45919a0c96aa2441ac>:0)
    AT_Utils.ActionDamper.Run () (at <06fc2bb492054b45919a0c96aa2441ac>:0)
    AT_Utils.AddonWindowBase`1[T].LateUpdate () (at <06fc2bb492054b45919a0c96aa2441ac>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 20:53:00.646] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
TacFuelBalancer 2.21.5.0 GameData\TacFuelBalancer\Plugins\TacFuelBalancer.dll

here is my KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrxqp5j6qbz6b9l/KSP.log?dl=0

If I remove Tac Fuel Balancer I can get to the main menu with no issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 11:20 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

When still Pre launch (or Landed): edit the amount of a resource loaded in a part. Works on all resources, even solid rocket fuel.

I'm just moving up to KSP v1.8.1 and I'm not seeing this option anymore when I launch a vessel out to the pad. Anyone else confirm?