[1.12.x] TAC Fuel Balancer

linuxgurugamer

49 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

no, this was a feature available as described in my quote from the OP. You could edit resources while on the launch pad

This was changed in version 2.21:

• Made edit mode only available when in sandbox mode (beginning of integrating career modes)

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer I've been seeing exceptions from Tac Fuel Balancer when I open it.  I'd guess it started with the Unity engine change. I'm opening it from Blizzy's toolbar if it matters.

I haven't tried troubleshooting it at all as it's mainly just a nuisance and doesn't seem to affect anything.

Link to Log  KSP 1.9.1 with around 100 mods.

[EXC 17:52:16.341] ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing repaint
Aborting
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoToggle (System.Boolean value, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.Toggle (System.Boolean value, System.String text, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	Tac.MainWindow.DrawWindowContents (System.Int32 windowID) (at <d6bc66b7e25b4ec8b1b87be6f40cf781>:0)
	Tac.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (System.Int32 windowId) (at <d6bc66b7e25b4ec8b1b87be6f40cf781>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[ERR 17:52:16.342] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Suggestions that would make this mod rock even more than it already does.  This is mostly related to fuel transfers between ships:

1) Optionally display ship name instead of ship id, and/or optionally display ship name instead of resource part name

2) Optionally concatenate kos tags of part onto part names if part names are to be displayed

3) This is the big one in my view: for any given ship id or ship name be able to flag it as a resource supply vehicle or a resource consumer vehicle.  The default would be whatever it was slotted as last time TFB had a category set for it based on ship persistent id under the hood.  Then have a one button click action that tops up all resources on the consumer vehicles from the supply vehicles amongst all the craft that may be rafted up together.   Users can lock the tanks of "bingo fuel" tanks on the supply vehicles to keep the supply ship from being bled dry, or TFB could optionally do that (after topping up the supply bingo fuel tanks first) based on tag names of the tanks or something.  This would, in my case, turn a typical 30 minute laggy eye-roller (one click per 3 second tops; often only every 10 seconds or so) in a 5+ ship raft-up for refueling purposes into a 5 minute operation at most

Merely suggestions, but I'm guessing it would be appreciated by a lot more people than just me once it got into use

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 1:43 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No, settings tab for this mod

... Where would that tab be? Can you go through it step by step? I've looked around the settings both in-game and on the main menu and I can't find something TAC related.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:42 PM, KriLL3 said:

... Where would that tab be? Can you go through it step by step? I've looked around the settings both in-game and on the main menu and I can't find something TAC related.

Beware that you are quoting a post more than two years old.

Yo can find the options tab here:

Esc>settings>Difficulty options: custom

wt7aK1q.png

Edited by Tacombel

On 10/22/2021 at 11:10 AM, Tacombel said:

Beware that you are quoting a post more than two years old.

Yo can find the options tab here:

Esc>settings>Difficulty options: custom

Thanks, I'd never have thought to look there, I assumed that button was just going to change the difficulty between normal/hard/easy

Would it be possible to have center-of-mass trim options? Most useful would be trim forward and trim aft: Most of my use of TAC Fuel Balancer has been for Concorde-style CoM adjustments in different mach regimes on large FAR spaceplanes. Rather than selecting individual tanks to move fuel into/out of, it would be nice to have a single-button means of shifting fuel forward/aft. Extra nifty would be the ability to specify a datum point on the spacecraft in the hangar, and then, in flight, type in an offset in meters from the datum, punch a button, and have the fuel balancer automatically maintain CoM at that position. Absolutely incredible would be a mechanism to configure a CoM adjustment schedule based on variables like mach number or air pressure.

On 11/1/2021 at 12:11 PM, jwbrase said:

Extra nifty would be the ability to specify a datum point on the spacecraft in the hangar, and then, in flight, type in an offset in meters from the datum, punch a button, and have the fuel balancer automatically maintain CoM at that position.

I don't think this does ALL of what you want, but it's main feature would give you the automatic CoM balancing:

Hope it helps!

• 2 months later...

Invaluable mod - thanks for maintaining it. Apologies if this is a stupid question, but the in-game manual for this says "You can either transfer resources from individual parts, or select multiple parts and execute the transfer for all of them at once" - but I can't work out how to to multiple transfers at once? I can select multiple parts fine, but when I click the option for in/out/balance/etc it still does it individually by part. Am I missing something here?

BTW, is there any way to have TAC Fuel Balancer blacklist certain resources? A few mods add fake pseudo-resources for coding reasons - specifically KSP Recall adds RefundingForKSP111x, and Kerbalism adds one for each processor type (_FuelCell, _PressureControl, _RTG,_Scrubber, etc). Then there's also a few resources like Solid Fuel which can't be managed by Fuel Balancer, but still appear in the list. If you're running Kerbalism especially, this can end up clogging up the menu with quite a lot of resources that you'll never want to use. Minor issue, but thought I'd ask.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

First of all many thanks for this Mod TAC Fuel Balancer by @linuxgurugamer it's great and really helping when refuelling is needed. I was wondering whether there will be (is) possibility to group all takes at the vessel to be seen as one? Like to group them under Ship ID, so instead of 15 different tanks (sorted by Ship ID) from two vessels there will be only "two" tanks? (not sure I describe it correctly). That would make it even easier. Obviously this is nothing critical, just idea. Thanks anyway.

Martin

Edited by elGremlin

2 hours ago, elGremlin said:

Hi,

First of all many thanks for this Mod TAC Fuel Balancer by @linuxgurugamer it's great and really helping when refuelling is needed. I was wondering whether there will be (is) possibility to group all takes at the vessel to be seen as one? Like to group them under Ship ID, so instead of 15 different tanks (sorted by Ship ID) from two vessels there will be only "two" tanks? (not sure I describe it correctly). That would make it even easier. Obviously this is nothing critical, just idea. Thanks anyway.

Interesting idea.  Frankly, I haven't played with this for years, so would have to revisit it.  Could you post a picture to help me visualize this?  

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Interesting idea.  Frankly, I haven't played with this for years, so would have to revisit it.  Could you post a picture to help me visualize this?  

Sure, hope this will give more clarity, try this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz1fb877a0u74u6/Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 16.13.47.png?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am not sure why, but when I select multiple items, then click one of the buttons to balance, lock, or transfer, it only activates that button for the one single item, the rest of the items are not activated.

The select all button selects all, but when I press a button it only applies to one single item.

Am I missing something? Is there any way to enable lock or balance for multiple tanks? Clicking each one is cumbersome.

I appreciate this mod especially, because it makes fuel transfer easy :) Thanks LGG :)

Update: It turns out it only works for the lock button - maybe this is intended? Still it'd be nice for it to work with the other buttons too.

Update 2: I found out that it does work for the other buttons, but you have to use the menu on the right side instead of the buttons. Problem solved thanks :)

Edited by kspkat
status update