Stricter rules on Planet Pack creation

This is a problem that has steadily gotten worse over time, and it's reached the point where I feel I need to talk about it: The sheer volume of planet pack threads being posted on this forum. Most of these threads are simply ideas, with no downloads or images, as work hasn't even started on them. In most cases, they're abandoned almost immediately after being posted. On the Add-on Development section, I counted 5 of these "non-packs" on the first page alone. Something must be done about this, in my opinion.

If the OP is talking about the Add-On Development sub-forum, currently there are 5 threads on the first page about 'Planet Pack' mods that have no actual content. This is all due to the fact that the same user is semi-necroposting in all these threads, ergo, bumping them all to the front page.

I think it has more to do with that specific user's posting behaviour rather than the issue of dev-threads being posted before content is released.

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I think it has more to do with that specific user's posting behaviour rather than the issue of dev-threads being posted before content is released.

If you feel it's a problem, report the posts that are doing this, and we can handle it.  I'll go take a look now anyways :).

Ok.

I understand wanting something to be done, but SOME of us have lives outside of our computers.

I was just at summer camp for eight days with no internet or computers.

Give us a break, some of us do things in life.

Sorry if it sounded harsh but I'm being honest...

-NTS

• 3 weeks later...

Most of modpacks that do this are the creators first pack, so i feel that we shouldn't accuse people for being beginners. They might just overestimate a bit. I do not feel that this is a problem to be dealt with.

It depends on the situation a lot. Like for Far Lands (my mod that's currently in Dev) I'm working my ass off. My most recent post was 5 hours ago. There's no download, but i guess mine is different because I have little to no concepts

Edited by "Our Benefactors"

Oh sorry I was working on mine but after a while I realized that I'm not good yet at making mods for ksp if I am causing a problem I will be fine with hiding the post. Also I got distracted

Edited by mudkipboy7
I misspelled somthing, I needed

On 8/13/2019 at 9:51 PM, mudkipboy7 said:

Oh sorry I was working on mine but after a while I realized that I'm not good yet at making mods for ksp if I am causing a problem I will be fine with hiding the post. Also I got distracted

No need to apologize. Honestly if someone wants to try and create something cool for ksp I'm not sure why anyone would want to restrict that with arbitrary rules.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.