Breaking Ground Mini Mods

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125 I've found a few bugs with the SLOTH parts, probably caused by the transition to 1.8.

First, the Ankle Pivot is rotating in the wrong direction. I noticed a similar problem with the Side-by-Side Servo from More Servos too.

OW4y8Bd.png

Second, the Hip Joint appears to dislike being copied. This isn't an issue with this mod, ignore this part. I did, however, find that if you try to take a snapshot with the Servo Controller you get an empty, uncloseable window. It'll only go away if you leave and then re-enter the building, and snapshots aren't saved.

Finally, but unrelated - did you deliberately size the pallet so Bison parts fit perfectly on top, or is it just a coincidence? :D

bFh5M61.png

Thanks for the great mods!

Edited by RealKerbal3x

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, More Servos is updated to 1.1.1:

- Fixed textures
- Fixed control issues with High Angle Hinge

And SLOTH is also updated to 1.1.1:

- Fixed textures

On 1/2/2020 at 4:57 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125 I've found a few bugs with the SLOTH parts, probably caused by the transition to 1.8.

First, the Ankle Pivot is rotating in the wrong direction. I noticed a similar problem with the Side-by-Side Servo from More Servos too.

OW4y8Bd.png

Second, the Hip Joint appears to dislike being copied. This isn't an issue with this mod, ignore this part. I did, however, find that if you try to take a snapshot with the Servo Controller you get an empty, uncloseable window. It'll only go away if you leave and then re-enter the building, and snapshots aren't saved.

Finally, but unrelated - did you deliberately size the pallet so Bison parts fit perfectly on top, or is it just a coincidence? :D

bFh5M61.png

Thanks for the great mods!

Not a coincidence :) I'll have to investigate the snapshot issue..

• 4 months later...

Greetings,

Are these parts not working nicely with 1.8.1?  I am trying to make an arm but child parts are not rooting to parent parts properly.  Actuating them causes some weird alignment braking gyrations in SPH.

giphy.gif

Edited by LawnDartLeo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Hello, does anyone know if there is a "How to Robit Arm Guide" for the Servo Controller and More servos mods?  I have Breaking Ground DLC, Servo Controller, and More Servos...

Thanks in advance

No "How to" guide except what's in the KSPedia for robotics. My parts just use stock robotics, though the servo manager is custom. The way it is set up, you need to add your target angles and target extensions for the robotics parts into the KAL-1000 before my servo manager will be able to control them.

• 1 month later...

Its probably just a limitation of the game engine, but I cant seem to make a proper canadarm 2 style arm that inchworms its way over the station.

I build an arm with an end effector on both ends, and dot the station with the micro ports, but I cant seem to dock the end effector when the other end effector is docked.

has anyone had any luck with this?

7 hours ago, toric5 said:

Its probably just a limitation of the game engine, but I cant seem to make a proper canadarm 2 style arm that inchworms its way over the station.

I build an arm with an end effector on both ends, and dot the station with the micro ports, but I cant seem to dock the end effector when the other end effector is docked.

Maybe try turning on "same vessel interaction" on the ports when docking them together.

9 hours ago, toric5 said:

I've been using a similar arm in my career game, and what I've found is that you have to position the free end over the target docking port and then undock the other end, letting the magnets do their job.

I recently updated More Servos and the Servo Controller plugin, they might help. Servo Controller still contends with the game limitations- in KSP 1.8.1 I find it necessary to open all the part action windows before opening the servo controller window, but in KSP 1.10.1, I don't have to do that.

I just realized something...

the micro port has:

nodeType = microPort

but the end effector has:

nodeType = PDGF

lemme test if setting them to the same value helps.

ok, so setting them to the same value lets them actually dock if they are on different craft, but on the same craft, magnetism never engages unless I quicksave\quickload after the end effector is in poisition.

@Angel-125, Im sure its a PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) error, but I cant for the life of me figure it out. Ive tried same-vessel interaction, Ive tried docking aquire force, controlling from the end effector and making sure to exee the mindistancetoreaquire, ETC. Would you be able to share your setup?

Edited by toric5

On 9/18/2020 at 1:41 PM, toric5 said:

I just realized something...

the micro port has:

nodeType = microPort

but the end effector has:

nodeType = PDGF

lemme test if setting them to the same value helps.

ok, so setting them to the same value lets them actually dock if they are on different craft, but on the same craft, magnetism never engages unless I quicksave\quickload after the end effector is in poisition.

@Angel-125, Im sure its a PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) error, but I cant for the life of me figure it out. Ive tried same-vessel interaction, Ive tried docking aquire force, controlling from the end effector and making sure to exee the mindistancetoreaquire, ETC. Would you be able to share your setup?

That's an oops. Both the microPort and the end effector should use PDGF as their nodeType. I'll fix that in the next couple of days, perhaps this evening if I have time.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chris-kerbal said:

It seems, that the servos for the arm are not following the rotation if I rotate them in the VAB. They only work, if they are attached in one particular orientation. If attached differently and you move them, they seem to twist away from their connection point?

I've seen that with stock servos too...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Angle-125, I'm not certain if this is deliberate or not. You do not mention the following on the original post nor in the thread, but your BG mini mods appears to resolve a long standing bug with the KAL-1000 units. In the stock game (w/DLC) the KAL-1000 often loses tracks, between the VAB/SPH and in-flight scene, as well as upon revert, save loading, and loading other KAL-1000 equipped craft. 

I installed your mod as I was hoping to use the "snapshot" functionality to resign KAL tracks as needed, when they inconveniently disappear. However upon testing, I no long appear to be losing KAL tracks under several conditions. More testing is of course needed, although I'm happy to say thus far I'm without issue and very happy with the result. 

Is this an indented feature of this mod (fixed DLC bugs) or a mere coincidence? I think you should investigate this for yourself to confirm, perhaps I can help in some way. Either way, assuming this does in-fact work, I suggest you state as much in the original post, as many people have had this issue and are looking for a simple solution.  

Thank you very much for your contribution. 

Edited by Rpatto92
to thank the post author

• 4 weeks later...

Does this mod happen to add a Servo Controller icon to the stock toolbar? I'm having an interesting bug where this icon keeps duplicating as I switch between space center, flight, vab, and tracking station. I'm trying to narrow down where it's coming from.

• 5 weeks later...

ooookkkkaaaayyyyy...

@Angel-125 I am having the damndest time figuring out this Breaking Ground robotics stuff.

Using KSP 1.10.1

Have the SOCK KerboArm in the SOCK shuttle (all dependancies).

Also have Servo Controller.  Installed the Kal-1000 onto the forward bulkhead of cargo bay.  Axial and Pitch servos are locked via the RClick menu in the SPH.  "Think" I got the parts locked in the Kal-1000 via the action group menu.  

Either in the SPH nor on the runway, I don't get any menus like what your show in your OP (first pick).  While on the runway, I can individually select the different parts that move, but even if I use the action group 0 to unlock the parts, I cannot control them.  R clicking on the Kal and I cannot create a "Snapshot", I get a message saying I haven't added any servos to the track - whatever that is.  I can see my servos in the Kal list when I open the Kal editor. 

Am I missing something?  Shouldn't there be just a simple menus "somewhere" that lists my servos, and then I can tell them to move manually?  I know I could do that with old IR, but I'm very hesistant to go back to it.  IIRC, some of you mods have a simpler GUI for moving parts?

Any light you can shed would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Am I missing something?  Shouldn't there be just a simple menus "somewhere" that lists my servos, and then I can tell them to move manually?  I know I could do that with old IR, but I'm very hesistant to go back to it.  IIRC, some of you mods have a simpler GUI for moving parts?

I've never used this mod, just browsing the forum ;)

But I've seen this comment from the author of the mod, might help :

On 8/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, Angel-125 said:

No "How to" guide except what's in the KSPedia for robotics. My parts just use stock robotics, though the servo manager is custom. The way it is set up, you need to add your target angles and target extensions for the robotics parts into the KAL-1000 before my servo manager will be able to control them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for the mod, once I start using it it is great. Recently I installed Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit mod and it is not possible to take snapshots as you mod doesn't see any servos in KAL-1000. Would you maybe look at that? Thanks. May I help? Let me know. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.